Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarian View Post
    I think Skyrim is great on the PC.. Watcha talkin' 'bout.
    i think the same

then your the only 1 having problems with it. I had a problem that my game somethimes crashed for no reason looked it up and it got fixed. and to be honest if you up your sensitivity its bullshit that your acuracy goes down then aim lower or higher you do know your spells and arrows are afected by gravity right?

and the game is the same as the pirate version 1, people copied it and put it on whatever platform you download it from so in the end you get the same product only your mind thinks its a different version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokna View Post
    then your the only 1 having problems with it. I had a problem that my game somethimes crashed for no reason looked it up and it got fixed. and to be honest if you up your sensitivity its bullshit that your acuracy goes down then aim lower or higher you do know your spells and arrows are afected by gravity right?

and the game is the same as the pirate version 1 people copied it and put it on whatever platform you download it from so in the end you get the same product only your mind thinks its a different version.
    Check the steam forum, theres 4-5 pages full of people with game breaking problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Translation: I don't know what I'm doing and that's why it's broken.
    And how most people see you saying that, Im a giant knob end.

I do know what I am doing, and Im sick and tired of steam not loading my games, ive check loads of solutions to it, none working at all. Im just tired. Ive heard its fine for some people, but my friend is having exactly the same problems, even worse with the controls.

Also its not the fact its crashing really, it did that yesterday. Today it just closes itself when I attempt to load my last save. Not error, no warning.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Check the steam forum, theres 4-5 pages full of people with game breaking problems.
    erm i got it fixed as i said in my sentence read further then i had a problem plz.

Deleted
    Plug your xbox controller in your pc, problem solved.

shocked at all the people saying they dont like keyboard controls.... unless its platformy/action the keyboard is a FAR superior controller... i mean, over 100 buttons, and the mouse, replacing the analog is MUCH easier to control precise placement of a crosshair.

So because one person (you) has a problem with something, everyone should stay away from it. Sure, it's annoying that you experience this problem, but not everyone has this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing it on PC, problem free so far.

Deleted
    Well, my friends are having exactly the same problems, and from what ive heard people all over are moaning about the controls. So no, its not just me. Im not that closed minded. And im saying stay away from the game. Get it on xbox or ps3, but if you want it on the pc, get an xbox controller and get a pirate copy.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    i perfer xbox360. at least for oblivion and crap. so im getting it for xbox fosho. yea the mod vids on youtube are cool and crap. but as you said. pc controls are lame to learn and relearn
    I play on PC.

With an x360 controller.

Higher resolutions, higher graphics, more performance + mods.

PC gaming > console gaming, you can't have a dedicated mod community on a console, which is where a lot of the fun in gaming lies and a lot of the extra hours from games come. Alongside that, the Elder Scrolls is a PC game, it would be a lot better on PC if they focused it and did console ports rather than console ports - PC. The mod community will fill some of that gap that the developer should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallais View Post
    Well, my friends are having exactly the same problems, and from what ive heard people all over are moaning about the controls. So no, its not just me. Im not that closed minded. And im saying stay away from the game. Get it on xbox or ps3, but if you want it on the pc, get an xbox controller and get a pirate copy.
    Or... wait 2 weeks for the issues to be patched out (these issues only affect a small percentage of people btw, mostly those with rare hardware specs, I imagine), plug in a 360 pad if you want Xbox controls, and enjoy better graphics, higher performance and tons of mods that'll add hundreds of hours og gameplay and won't ever be released for consoles.

There's really not a single reason to get it on console if your computer is capable of running it
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I play on PC.

With an x360 controller.

Higher resolutions, higher graphics, more performance + mods.

PC gaming > console gaming, you can't have a dedicated mod community on a console, which is where a lot of the fun in gaming lies and a lot of the extra hours from games come. Alongside that, the Elder Scrolls is a PC game, it would be a lot better on PC if they focused it and did console ports rather than console ports - PC. The mod community will fill some of that gap that the developer should have.
    this sums up what my thoughts are exactly, PC's just preform better than consoles and the consoles are outdated hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmad View Post
    this sums up what my thoughts are exactly, PC's just preform better than consoles and the consoles are outdated hardware.

I'm just used to play RPGs on the PS3. PC just feels so... unnatural. I don't like playing with mouse and keyboard.
    I also didn't want to upgrade my PC in order to be able to play Skyrim on full detail. So I stick with the PS3 version which has the same(?) graphics.

I can also chill on my couch and play Skyrim all day long... something I couldnt do with my tower PC. And I wouldnt even dare to install the game on my laptop lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I'm just used to play RPGs on the PS3. PC just feels so... unnatural. I don't like playing with mouse and keyboard.
    I also didn't want to upgrade my PC in order to be able to play Skyrim on full detail. So I stick with the PS3 version which has the same(?) graphics.

I can also chill on my couch and play Skyrim all day long... something I couldnt do with my tower PC. And I wouldnt even dare to install the game on my laptop lol
    You can use a controller to play.
    The PC probably has identical graphics to begin with but people are already coming up with ways to modify files and mod textures to make it look better and the mod kit isn't even out yet. (I also hear Bethesda are releasing their own HD pack)
    You can also plug your tower into your TV.

PC has mods that will improve the game and keep it alive for years. (amazing mods, like full 3D map, are already out)

Xbox does not have mods that will improve the game and keep it alive for years.

For me the decision was fairly simple.

Will my laptop be able to run Skyrim on decent settings ?

Specs are
    Window 7
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 120M(1GB of memory)

Also Wired vs Wireless Xbox controller?

I play on PC, the mods people make for these games are absolutely insane how much they can improve something that already looks great.

I'm playing on PC, but using an Xbox 360 controller, so it is like the best of both worlds! I get to experience the game as it was meant to be experienced (it is unarguably a console port), but I also get access to unofficial patches and mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    There's really not a single reason to get it on console if your computer is capable of running it
    100% this. TES series has always been huge due to the mod community on PC. New zones, new quests, new cities, superb graphical mods, etc - the modding community is exceptionally powerful. There are already numerous graphical add-ons for Skyrim and it hasn't even been out that long. I myself am waiting for GOTY - you get all the DLC + modding community is beast by then.