Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope religion does not survive during my lifetime, however, it will... :´(

Ehhhh...Tbh i quite look forward to most of the stuff mentioned in this thread!
    The only thing i dread is a dull mundane future at least with most of the stuff mentioned you'll be dead or dying before dying of old age and boredom

world war 3 would definitely suck, I wouldn't live through it to play RL Fallout: New Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

what i do NOT hope for? things continuing along the way they are going now.
    democracy is going to shit, high living standarts for the price of forsaking our poorest of the poor and our childrens future. heads of state that cant dare to ask the peoples opinion on matters equaly important as changing the constitution, thereby affecting several future generations to come. those kinda things.
    if i had to chose between a zombie apocalypse and this the ravishing undead seem rather tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Aliens truly "visiting" earth and making humans aware of their existence. The diseases they would accidentally introduce (If possible) can lead to a death toll in the millions, and that's not even including the mayhem that would occur due to religious zealots going crazy (crazier).

It'd basically be nothing but nuclear war and pandemic level plagues worldwide.
    i would be willing to bet our biologies would be completely incompatible. i mean hell, we can't even get most diseases from animals we've been around for millions of years.

as far as what i hope doesn't happen:

that i am proven wrong and religion is right and real. pretty sure i'm safe on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Aliens truly "visiting" earth and making humans aware of their existence. The diseases they would accidentally introduce (If possible) can lead to a death toll in the millions, and that's not even including the mayhem that would occur due to religious zealots going crazy (crazier).

It'd basically be nothing but nuclear war and pandemic level plagues worldwide.

Lol, I'm sure that if aliens have the technology to get to earth they could handle something like a disease. Not to mention that they would likely know if they would make us sick or if we would make them sick.

Aliens coming to earth could be the best thing that has ever happened to us as long as they are peaceful. I would be more worried about the economy crashing and people freaking out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world going batshit insane (more than it is already) from the economic crisis increasing drastically.

Couple things:

1. Light travels faster than sound/concussion. So no, you'll see it, then die. Not the other way around. The various radiation waves will have already shredded your cells into ribbons particularly the soft stuff like gastrointestinal lining (provided you are close enough) but it will take you a while to die from that and it's quite unpleasant.

2. Please stop calling it a "civil war" with China.

As for worst thing?

Global catastrophe, such as super solar flare or massive meteorite impact, in which a small lucky portion of people are instantly killed, and the less die slowly (yet inevitably) to famine, massive worldwide loss of infrastructure, subsequent wars, disease, etc.
    Last edited by Charsi; 2011-11-04 at 11:33 PM.

I hope I never wake up naked next to another dude.

I wish zombies would come though that would be fucking awesome.

Deleted
    a greta plague, or a world wide epidemic, and i mean a real one not the like the influenza scares of the last few years, a real one that kills millions. i hate disease

that and a nuclear war, hoping that never happens.

Mass explosive diarrhea

i hope i never get a girl pregnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    i hope i never get a girl pregnant
    How about a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    How about a guy?
    lol yea that'd be bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked View Post
    I agree with people who feel china could do better for human rights. however at same time I don't like the idea of a civil war; not for fear of plague / nuclear weapons but more for just the casualties.
    Plague would be scary... but casualties? Honestly, I could live with less people in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gas powered vehicles being outlawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A global catastrophe, one of the big ones that destroy governments.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    mushroom clouds

my untimely demise

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    i would be willing to bet our biologies would be completely incompatible. i mean hell, we can't even get most diseases from animals we've been around for millions of years.

as far as what i hope doesn't happen:

that i am proven wrong and religion is right and real. pretty sure i'm safe on that though.
    viruses only require cells. likelihood is that most aliens possible to ecounter (i.e we can see/ talk/ fight with ) would have to have cell structure. Also its because we have lived in same biospheres as most animals. 80% of the mesoamerican population was wiped out when the spanish came due to incredibly volatile diseases