Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Add On Grid/Dispel/Macro?

I am using Grid for my raid interface and using Decursive for my dispelling add on. However, I would be much more efficient if I could be able to dispel by clicking on my Grid frames to dispel instead of another add on.

Is there a way to do this with Grid or will I have to download something like Clique and use a macro to cleanse my target?

You'd need to get clique (or something similar) for that. Shouldn't be a problem, though

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can use Clique OR a mouseover macro - you don't need both.

What would be a good mouse over macro? I'd love to do something possibly like a right click or a shift right click modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTetra View Post
    What would be a good mouse over macro? I'd love to do something possibly like a right click or a shift right click modifier.
    That's the kind of thing you can't do with a macro. If you want to use your mouse keys to cast a spell, you'd need clique. What a macro can do is about this:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Decurse
    /cast [@target] Decurse
    So that if you press the button, the mouseover is decursed (it there is a mouseover), or your target (if there is no mouseover). You can of course further branch out by using modifiers, but only alt, shift, control.

Yeah. Grid is a nice addon however, if there was a click to dispel implement that would make it the best. I'll probably just end of using Clique. Thanks for the help everyone.

This is a good format for any kind of friendly mouseover for healing or decursing spells, just replace the name of the spell.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Clique doesn't expand your macro options, it's just a nifty interface that takes care of all the hard work for you. Download it and try it out.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Clique doesn't expand your macro options
    It does. Without it (or a similar addon), you can't bind spells or macros to your mouse buttons.

Using the the mouseover macro from pyrates, however, I mouseover a unit frame and it says I have not target.

Did you make sure the mouseover unit has a debuff to decurse? I'm not sure what happens if not, so you might just be experiencing this. Put in a healing spell instead of a decurse to test first.

Ah, well I did switch out "Decurse" with "Cleanse". Also, no. I'm just using the spell without an affliction on the target. It will cleanse when I have a target. It will not cleanse when I mouseover myself or my unit frames,i.e. Grid.
    Last edited by SCTetra; 2011-11-04 at 11:25 PM.

Try my macro, with the appropriate spell name, not Pyrates'

Actually I did lawomous, and the same results. When I mouseover my "Grid" to dispel it doesn't work. However, there is no affliction, but it should still cleanse either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrates View Post
    It does. Without it (or a similar addon), you can't bind spells or macros to your mouse buttons.
    Yes you can. The button argument will do that, just mix in some clever key bindings.

Clique isn't expanding what macros can do, as the OP alluded
    will I have to download something like Clique and use a macro to cleanse my target
    If it did, it would be banned.

All Clique is doing is giving you a wonderful interface to make these kind of tasks, as in casting on your mouseover with a button click, much simpler to handle.
    I am the lucid dream

Yes, well I do have bartender and it has a keybind option which is nice. So I am using that and just bound a macro to Ctrl - Right Click. It works however the macros don't work on mousing over unit frames.

If you are trying to use it as a mouseover and you want to bind it to a button on the mouse as well, you need a Clique-like addon to support it.

The macro works fine and you can test it by hovering over people in the 3D world and testing the macro, but not with a key+click combination over a unitframe without an addon. Your other option is just binding the macro to a button on the keyboard and it can be used over unitframes natively.

Well, I know the macro does work. Te problem is, it won't use it properly when I have my right click button keybound. So yeah, I guess i'll just use a different keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Yes you can. The button argument will do that, just mix in some clever key bindings.

Clique isn't expanding what macros can do, as the OP alluded
    In that case I'd really like to see one of those clever keybindings. Just to make sure what we're talking about: Clique enables you to cast "decurse" on a unit by putting your mouse over its frame and then clicking, say, the right mouse button. How would you do that with a macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrates View Post
    In that case I'd really like to see one of those clever keybindings. Just to make sure what we're talking about: Clique enables you to cast "decurse" on a unit by putting your mouse over its frame and then clicking, say, the right mouse button. How would you do that with a macro?
    You can't rebind right and left mouse button, ever. Unless you use some kind of third party software which I would assume to be against the ToS. Which was exactly my point :S

Even with Clique you're not expanding your macro options to allow you to do this.

You can, however, make very complex and efficient mouseover macros for the rest of your mouse buttons. I believe this is what you've also misinterpreted from me.
    I am the lucid dream