Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

The Logitech G500 gaming mouse

Does anyone use the Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode Scroll Wheel USB Wired Laser 5700 dpi Gaming Mouse? (link)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104318

I'm in the market for a new mouse and am being very cautious this time. The last time I bought a mouse I ended up getting a shitty one (my fault, didn't do enough research and reading reviews). I'm just wondering if anyone has used/uses this mouse and can provide some feedback?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    I recently got the G500, and i must say it is almost the same as the G5 mouse. Its worth the money in my opinion
    Tho, the button to switch between the modes just recently broke on mine, so i had to send it in for a repair..

It's a good mouse, that has a good amount of buttons, and it feels perfect holding it in the hand, also for long gaming sessions, but the mouse wheel is a bit fragile.

Deleted
    I've been using this mouse for almost 2 years, and never had any problems with it, good mouse for it's price. The only thing I don't really like is side buttons.

Logitech are definitely a favourite of mine. I've been using their mice for the past decade at least, and the ones I've got now (while not gaming mice) have done brilliantly for the past five or six years.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought this mouse after using the oldschool Logitech G5 for about 5-6 yeas. I highly recommend this mouse. It's great.

I've been using this mouse for years now, never had any problems with it, and it's working great for me.
    A thing i really like about it, is that it comes with some weights so you can decide for yourself how heavy you want it to be (:
    KAPOW!

Logitech Marathon.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...0557583&sr=8-1

Wireless, but with a very fast response time. AA-powered, but the batteries will outlast your mouse. They're estimated to last three years which, a year into owning one, appears to be entirely accurate as my batteries are sitting around 70% charge remaining.

Plenty of buttons. Nice shape unless you have a really tiny hand (or an enormous one). I don't think there are left-handed versions, however. Not overly expensive. Free-scroll mouse wheel is VERY handy for setting up prospecting macros. I create a macro to prospect whenever I turn my mouse wheel, set the wheel to free-scroll mode, give it a good flick, then walk away for a couple minutes while it prospects.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.
    Last edited by Llunai; 2011-11-06 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Logitech Marathon.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...0557583&sr=8-1

Wireless, but with a very fast response time. AA-powered, but the batteries will outlast your mouse. They're estimated to last three years which, a year into owning one, appears to be entirely accurate as my batteries are sitting around 70% charge remaining.

Plenty of buttons. Nice shape unless you have a really tiny hand (or an enormous one). I don't think there are left-handed versions, however. Not overly expensive. Free-scroll mouse wheel is VERY handy for setting up prospecting macros. I create a macro to prospect whenever I turn my mouse wheel, set the wheel to free-scroll mode, give it a good flick, then walk away for a couple minutes while it prospects.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.
    That's not really a gaming mouse. Gaming mice have certain features required to be competitive, e.g. Rapid fire click, High DPI settings and built in profile memory.

Personally I'd got with a G500 or G700, my new mouse will in fact be the g700