Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter if you know how to run away and are good.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Any class can be a "one man army" it all depends on how good you are. No matter what class you play, if you click and keyboard turn, you're not going to be able to do anything. My only advice i can give you is to learn your class completely and when i say completely, i mean every single ability you have... not just the ones that do big crits but the ones that you never use in PvE. After that you'll need to learn every other class better than you know your class.

My biggest advice which it seems like 80% of WoW players don't understand is that it's not about popping all your cd's at the beginning and doing as much damage as you can thanks to PvE... but to make your opponent pop his/her CD's in a certain order leaving them defenseless and that's when you finish them. BTW, there's no such thing as a one man army class. I'd suggest twinking if PvP is such a struggle for you.
    I somewhat agree with what you say, but unless you're fighting against TERRIBLE people, Most classes cannot be anything close to wrecking ball worthy - without support. Pretty much everyone outside of Rogue, Blood dk Feral druid and hunters are all very vulnerable to SOMETHING or another. Pallys and dispel, Mages and dispels, Locks and melees, etc. You need an overall powerful class to be able to really reach that one-man-army status, one who can go defensive without losing a lot of damage, dps without being very vulnerable, and one who doesn't have very many counters. Blood DK, Rogues, Hunters, and Ferals all come to mind with these stipulations in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Mages aren't very good at this because 1 dispeller and mages die. Warlocks need support -as do warriors, and frost dks.
    Heavily disagree with the part about mages, a good mage can take on like 3 at once with CC and kiting. What other class can really pull off a 1v2 in arena?

Prot Warriors, Blood DK's, and to an extent frost mages warlocks to a lesser extent rogues, http://www.youtube.com/Ayraswag this guy demonstrates warrior 1man armies well, Vurtne demonstrates mages, Adouken demonstrates locks- go with what you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Heavily disagree with the part about mages, a good mage can take on like 3 at once with CC and kiting. What other class can really pull off a 1v2 in arena?
    Rogues, Ferals and the occasional Hunter.

And of course Mionelol and DKs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Rogues, Ferals and the occasional Hunter.

And of course Mionelol and DKs.
    Hmm I guess I could maybe see DKs and ferals possibly pulling it off, but I don't think rogues or hunters would have the sustainability to pull through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Hmm I guess I could maybe see DKs and ferals possibly pulling it off, but I don't think rogues or hunters would have the sustainability to pull through with it.
    Its not about sustainability with rogues and hunters, its about kiting and good cc.
    With a hunter unless its a class with a "insta move 20 yards" type ability ,you can kite forever.
    And with a sub rogue ,you can have someone cc'ed for up to 35 seconds at a time ,on a measly 2 min CD, and even then CS is only on 20 sec cooldown.

Deleted
    Rogue for obvious reasons.
    Feral druids too.
    DK can hold on for a long time but you lose the element of surprise.

Blood DK.
    Pala

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is a good option for one man army too - camofladge and tracking give you the permanent upperhand while their high initial burst can quickly offbalance any enemy - if they get the opener they have the tools to kite and control almost any class and will have an advantage even against those they can't control if they have the first mover advantage. Hunters can be vulnerable when they get surprised, but when they are doing the surprising? They can do work.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Any kind of Rogue

Or a Blood DK, just starve them out because you can never die.
    \

As a frost DK I beat Blood DKs on a regular basis. I just Outbreak and kite them with chains and Howling blast spam them into an early grave.

Have a Blood DK and a Rogue and going to have to say that the Rogue has the same survivability (with the option to retreat / vanish), but way more killing power, and luxury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Feral Druid, just go Bear and be a general nuissance.
    I was in this BG on my Feral... There were like 4 people around me so i popped bear, used berserk and trinket and all... 30k crits all over the place... 4 Dead people... Of course, this doesn't apply if you are fighting people in full Ruthless as i myself was... Or almost..

Anyway.. I can recommend Feral and BM Hunter.. They can both really own people up...

Deleted
    Feral kitty is the sickest thing I have ever seen!

A blood dk is honestly immortal in melee range, but that's just me ;P

But any class played well is a "one man army". Seen restos soloing people ;O

Deleted
    In BGs, Blood dk, atleast again melees...

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding of "one man army" is a class who can fight multiple opponents at a time.Ofc you cant take on mutiple geared&skilled players at a time but you wont have that problem very often in BGs/world pvp. You need a class with lots of CC, high survivability and good burst aka frost mage. Rogues are good too but i dont think they'll perform as well against multiple opponents.