Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni View Post
    Now before you say "They already have" Ok maybe they have...due to the HUGE amount of games we get on PC that are now console ports and end up having either slight or major issues.

If consoles in the future can

A) have visuals and run the games the same as current gen PC's. (ie BF3 @ ultra settings 60fps or 120fps 60/120hz) while running at true 1080p.

B) have 100% mouse and keyboard support.

C) have full mod support.

Would that kill off PC for you?
    Considering the console industry is 100% dependent on advancements in computer software and hardware, i would say no.

Deleted
    I doubt they'll ever "take over" cause consoles are simply micro PCs with specs 7 years behind modern PCs

It is pretty annoying however that every game made nowadays is built specifically for consoles with PC as an afterthought... PC gamers spend thousands on hardware to play titles that an Xbox with 512mb of ram and a 7900gt can play, pretty insulting. Optimization for consoles has always been good, always been shite for pc.

Ah well it all comes down to making $$$ at the end of the day.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2011-11-08 at 08:29 PM.

Games like bf3 and mw3 will play fine on a pc but not the first few weeks and its retarded like in mw2 we just get screwed over its bs. Why pay that company at all if they only want to support consoles i like fps's on my pc. I only have my xbox for halo and my ps3 for ffxiii which was a waste of money i mean it was ok i guess but still kind of linear. Until they actually start giving a crap about pc's games i am not paying them anything : ).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you take a look over at NVIDIAs website you can see a chart, showing the past 5 to 10 years of gaming and console is on the dip and PC is on the rise, so, seeing how these guys make console and PC GPUs, I will take their word for it.

In the near future, consoles will be for Kids.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2011-11-08 at 09:13 PM.

Cloud-gaming will overtake console AND pc completely.

check www.onlive.com and you will understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    Cloud-gaming will overtake console AND pc completely.

check www.onlive.com and you will understand.
    Somewhat true, Cloud Gaming is still going to require development in terms of hardware, otherwise the servers are just going to end up as consoles but really really far away. Another thing that is going to limit Cloud Gaming is bandwidth. Currently I have 20MB broadband and OnLive still craps it pants and ends up streaming my game to look like a 240p youtube video that was uploaded from a mobile phone.

Although cloud gaming probably will take over, its still needs a medium to run on and that's going to end up being whatever feels comfortable to each user and even though cloud gaming can run on ipad hardware for example, it lacks input devices to make games playable. Consoles and PC's are always going to exist until a time where homes all run of a computer that manages everything from heat regulation, media, home security and whatever else modern living can be managed through a computer system.

For the mean time however, No consoles will never be able to match the power of a PC, due to the fact that consoles are at best only ever going to use current gen hardware(which they don't use anyway), they are limited in terms of space and heat dissipation. So until a time comes where consoles can have their hardware upgraded and they have their own hardware development, PC > Consoles when it comes to performance.

i like PC gaming so much more... if consoles got a keyboard and mouse it would essentially just be a bad computer which could only do a very limited amount of things and be which would be hooked up to the TV... On the other hand, one could just make a controller with a USB stick and put it in the computer and be set for gaming...

PC all the way

I don't know if cloud gaming will be the future you have to pay for it every month and still buy the games right so 108$ idk how much the games cost but if you put that into a pc since everyone is still going to be using word and video editing plus watching videos on youtube that might come out to a better deal. You also get a dvd player.etc when you have a baller pc(p.s the word baller is beast haters gonna hate). That and if the services every went out business you would lose all the games you bought(there not on your hard drive i might be wrong if i am sry). Do you pay taxes on onlive cause if you buy a pc game off newegg no taxes. Small thing like that add up and even then if you buy a cheap 200$ you won't be able to video editing and multi task just to play onlive. I think it will just push pc gaming into a niche market plus with all bandwidth issue pc might still run games smoother and with more people on at once(gonna have to wait and see). sry for bad engrish : D

Deleted
    not until they both offer the same gaming experience.. and even then it would boil down to which is cheaper.

imo this is how i use / rate my systems...

pc - mmo's, most rpg's, rts, fps games.
    console - sports, action/adventure, jrpg, beat'em ups, platformers, party.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    not until they both offer the same gaming experience.. and even then it would boil down to which is cheaper.

imo this is how i use / rate my systems...

pc - mmo's, most rpg's, rts, fps games.
    console - sports, action/adventure, jrpg, beat'em ups, platformers, party.
    Pretty sure console FPS are a big part of the console section 2.

Its what he likes he prefers pc fps's over consoles : D