Deleted

Could use some computer advice :)

Okay let me just point out I am no computer expert, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to upgrading / new parts and all that jazz. So be nice and understanding ha

Right for awhile now I've had the problem of screen freezes / slow loads / extremely slow PC on minimizing game etc
    I dont really know why or what I can actually do to stop this. I am wanting to fix it but as I said, I have no idea whats what and what I need to do.

my PC is run on vista and heres the rest

Manufacturer: Dell
    Model: Inspiron 530
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Duel CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
    Memory(RAM): 2.00 GB
    System type: 32-bit operating system
    Chip type: GeForce 8300 GS

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmocd1a835f8e7; 2011-11-06 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    Does it freeze only when you minimize WoW, or any other game ? Have you updated your system drivers ? What are the video capabilities of your PC ? Have you tried reinstalling the game or the OS ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Does it freeze only when you minimize WoW, or any other game ? Have you updated your system drivers ? What are the video capabilities of your PC ? Have you tried reinstalling the game or the OS ?
    Yes it does freeze on minimize and other games
    I have updated as far as I can tell but no idea how to do that
    I edited my posted adding in my graphics and I have reinstalled and its still the same

Deleted
    Well those speccs you gave, your computer isn't very powerful and therefor you will lag, try to defrag the harddrive and clean out your registry. clean out stuff you don't use on the harddrive if it's very full. If this doesn't help you'll probably want more RAM, on a 32 bit system you can have about 1gig more (check this up yourself). now if this doesn't solve it you gonna need to upgrade more hardware since that grafic card is quite old

Sadly that computer is pretty close to the age where minor upgrades are getting hard or outright impossible, and major upgrades will be costly. How much money you want to put on improvements, and how much work you're willing to put on it yourself?

Immediate help would be adding more RAM up to 3 or 4GB (dont make much difference with 32-bit Windows) and reinstalling Windows to get rid of all old junk that has piled up over the years to slow you down.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TricksterX View Post
    Well those speccs you gave, your computer isn't very powerful and therefor you will lag, try to defrag the harddrive and clean out your registry. clean out stuff you don't use on the harddrive if it's very full. If this doesn't help you'll probably want more RAM, on a 32 bit system you can have about 1gig more (check this up yourself). now if this doesn't solve it you gonna need to upgrade more hardware since that grafic card is quite old
    Yes started defrag now and I think I'll begin the cleanup and how much would you say 1gig extra ram would cost? I live in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sadly that computer is pretty close to the age where minor upgrades are getting hard or outright impossible, and major upgrades will be costly. How much money you want to put on improvements, and how much work you're willing to put on it yourself?

Immediate help would be adding more RAM up to 3 or 4GB (dont make much difference with 32-bit Windows) and reinstalling Windows to get rid of all old junk that has piled up over the years to slow you down.
    Well money wise Im looking at only spending a bare minimum of £100-150 as I cant really fork out that much money at the moment with christmas coming up ha.

Deleted
    one extra ram isn't much, it's very cheap but make sure you have slots for it on the motherboard, there are usually 4 slots for it, but depending on the actual size of those you already have it mightbe full already

Deleted
    You can try something if you like. Go to system properties (press windows key + Pause Break key), go to Advanced Tab, press the Settings button under Performance, then uncheck "Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing" and try it for a while. If that doesn't work, go back there and click "Adjust for best performance". I hope this helps, but as the others said adding some more RAM will probably fix it as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TricksterX View Post
    one extra ram isn't much, it's very cheap but make sure you have slots for it on the motherboard, there are usually 4 slots for it, but depending on the actual size of those you already have it mightbe full already
    okay thank you , I'll have a look when I'm back from work !

thanks guys I shall be back later if I have further problems ha

Deleted
    No offence. But that computer is crap nowdays. I might have been good but that aint the case anymore.
    I have a computer since 2-3 years back with have 1TB HD, 6 GM ram, 64 bit, intel core 2 quad Q8300 2,59 ghz.

Even my aint the best but its enough.
    Anyway, my advice would be to throw that one u go to hell and buy a new one, you can easily get a decent one (like mine or better) for around 500 euro. that aint much money for a computer you will get a decent one.

Good luck man