Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I prefer the MMO-Champs forums. I cannot stand more than 2 minutes in the official forums. I also enjoy the TOROcast forums.

Well I use this site mostly for the same reasons other people have already stated, official game site being bad. The SWTOR official forums and the WoW official forums are pretty toxic. Also I like this site because it has room to discuss multiple MMOs and general gaming.

Because the SW forums are filled with kids and trash.

But don't worry guys, it's going to be so much better than WoW!

They copied everything else over, might as well gets the kids that go with it : o.

Infracted. Don't troll.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-07 at 03:26 AM.

You find a lot less QQ (sometimes) here then you do on the TOR forums, also you dont have the people making the outrageous posts about "this needs changes" or "that needs removed" about things that at this point in development are not going to be looked at, and for the most part are crazy ass things in general.

And i think a lot of people just make troll attracting threads to see if they can get it over the 1000 reply mark and have it restarted. I guess for some people that is an acomplishment.

Plus yeah, no brown nosing, but I have to admit mmochamp has been the finest moderated forums I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot).

Good moderation, active moderators, good posts, few trolls that are dealt with, few arrogant (I know best cause I have a something in my something) posters, but I'll ultimately stop reading/posting once I find a TOR fan site home. There are so many viable options, I'm going to need a republic theory craft website (not a fan of the sith based sites attempts at conversions), and a good news/forum site.

I just have to plug the smuggler board on the official forums, its filled with the most chill group of people you'll find on the site and one of the few places I can go to partake in good discussion.

man it really is amazing how fast the masses jump on ANYTHING just to get thread and post counts on official. i saw a SWTOR FB page talking bout password resetting and wadda know a thread not less than 10 minuts after that poist went up and its already 8 pages long full of troll and scarsam.

Trolls and other Mods i IMPLORE you to help make this site a main go to for TOR related things I just cant stand to see the TOR site anymore, though i do torture myself from time to time to see anything new on trooper page

The reason is really simple honestly...If you come here and HURRRRRRRRR DURRR Rift vs ToR or ToR vs WoW...ToR is the WoW killazzz hurrr derppp they ban you for a day. Bioware mods allow the hurp derps to debate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The reason is really simple honestly...If you come here and HURRRRRRRRR DURRR Rift vs ToR or ToR vs WoW...ToR is the WoW killazzz hurrr derppp they ban you for a day. Bioware mods allow the hurp derps to debate it.
    yea i have issues with the mods, they let flame wars rage until the WHOLE site is a flaming pit of UUGGG. I really think they need a really good few RESPONSIBLE ban hammers for mods but doubt that will happen.

well I am thinking of trying to star a trooper and BH thread for specific news and helpful info for after game release since i have a good amount of time home nowadays. but would prefer other more experienced MMO gamers to add to it, would like to see something like Trollsbane HUGE MEGA UBER OMG thread( great job btw Trolls)

I like the trooper and BH classes but think that my input would be minor to those that can really flesh out and explore all the class has to offer. Of coures this is all after release when NDA goes away and info can flow freely

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    yea i have issues with the mods, they let flame wars rage until the WHOLE site is a flaming pit of UUGGG. I really think they need a really good few RESPONSIBLE ban hammers for mods but doubt that will happen.

well I am thinking of trying to star a trooper and BH thread for specific news and helpful info for after game release since i have a good amount of time home nowadays. but would prefer other more experienced MMO gamers to add to it, would like to see something like Trollsbane HUGE MEGA UBER OMG thread( great job btw Trolls)

I like the trooper and BH classes but think that my input would be minor to those that can really flesh out and explore all the class has to offer. Of coures this is all after release when NDA goes away and info can flow freely
    They can't ban people from the forums before the game is even out. That is a great way to scare off customers, or at the very least anger a few. No one isn't going to buy the game because the forums are terrible, they just won't use the forums. Banning people for even a short period could motivate them to not buy the game just to be dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They can't ban people from the forums before the game is even out. That is a great way to scare off customers, or at the very least anger a few. No one isn't going to buy the game because the forums are terrible, they just won't use the forums. Banning people for even a short period could motivate them to not buy the game just to be dicks.
    yea.... i understand that logic and really wish there was something that could be done bout the GOD AWFUL posters there but thats what keeps me here the community is more laid back and thoughtful about info and how to express it. yea we get some trolling done but hey it can all be civil all the time, then it wouldnt be fun lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Thats stupid, so let them poison the well for the rest of the community for a potential sale since forum access != subscriber.

Trion banned people left and right for being dicks and took away preorders. The hypemachine that is SWTOR could afford to "trim the fat" before launch if Trion could do it with Rift.

With that said, I think reddit has the most hostile SWTOR community.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tard factor is high over at the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats stupid, so let them poison the well for the rest of the community for a potential sale since forum access != subscriber.

Trion banned people left and right for being dicks and took away preorders. The hypemachine that is SWTOR could afford to "trim the fat" before launch if Trion could do it with Rift.

With that said, I think reddit has the most hostile SWTOR community.
    In this situation take the Blizzard approach in some areas. Blizzards mods infract left and right and try and control the kiddies. I do not like that they outright delete I quit post because it seems like they do not want to listen to the feedback or discussion like Trion does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is an easy answer, MMO-Champ posts the MMO Report, the Official page does not ;p

Anything found on the Official site that is note worthy will be found here. Its like living in a small town that's only a 45 min drive to the big city.

Quote Originally Posted by sabermetrics View Post
    I've always had a theory about sites like this versus official forum sites for just about any game.

I truly believe that the reason there's so many more whiny people on the officials is because people subconsciously believe that if they are whining in the direction of the source that Blizz/Bioware will read their post and go change the game to alleviate their QQ. On sites like this, if you are QQ'ing you're just doing it to vent, not because you think anything's gonna get done about it.

That's why you randomly see on any given day someone start a "I pre-ordered where's my beta invite?" thread...JUST IN CASE Stephen Reid decides to read it and go "Hey you know what he's right...let's give him a beta right the hell now!"
    I think this guy hit the nail on the head. Not that there's no fanboys on here, but if you so much as sneeze something that could be interpreted as negative toward WoW on the Blizz forums or SWTOR on the Bioware forums, there's gonna be 3-4 fanboys jumping down your throat. At least here there is some intelligent conversation.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    In this situation take the Blizzard approach in some areas. Blizzards mods infract left and right and try and control the kiddies. I do not like that they outright delete I quit post because it seems like they do not want to listen to the feedback or discussion like Trion does.
    Blizz takes their forum moderation a bit too seriously at times. On the other hand, nobody wants to read a million "WAAAH I quit because I have sand in my hoohoo" threads every other day. Constructive feedback is telling a company what exactly you think is wrong, and offering your suggestion on possible solutions to the problem. Most "I quit" threads are just people seeking out attention and half of them are still posting a month later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Blizz takes their forum moderation a bit too seriously at times. On the other hand, nobody wants to read a million "WAAAH I quit because I have sand in my hoohoo" threads every other day. Constructive feedback is telling a company what exactly you think is wrong, and offering your suggestion on possible solutions to the problem. Most "I quit" threads are just people seeking out attention and half of them are still posting a month later.
    For a long time Blizz did very little forum moderation. But with the increase in customer base from WoTLK and then the inherent distaste for Cata they really had to start cracking down as the forums were ridiculous. Obviously some people still judge a game by the forums, so it was a smart move on Blizz's behalf.

You want to talk about taking forums too seriously, you should have seen the AoC forums. Now that was ridiculous, they had mods closing threads in the actual feedback sub-forum because they were exposing bugs that Failcom had no idea how to fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, Official forum are plagued by any trolls that can join even if they will never play the game and soon after release they wont be able since it will need an active account to post on. I might post on both if it get better if not il stay here.