Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archaeology buff in 4.3?

I just did a Tol'vir digsite on PTR and this is what I've got:

[23:09]You receive currency: [Tol'vir Archaeology Fragment] x9.

followed by x7 and x9 again

So it got ninja buffed or?

If so, THANK GOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Real Winner View Post
    so far in my expiriance college didnt help anyone,people that finished it are now working in markets,waiters or just washing dishes in some kitchen jobs like that,i didnt go to colegge bacouse i knew what could hapen and if i did and tryed to find a job i would end up same.for me college is waste of time and money,maybe you should find something else

Deleted
    wow that would be cool, I hope this is true.

Sick of farming the tol'vir bug for the past months ><

Good chance. The prof is pretty miserable so maybe they decided to slightly buff it to edge off some of the pain.

Hell, just taking the chance of getting a 3 off the table would be nice. Even as a Dwarf when I get 5s and 7s, getting a 3 just makes me want to headdesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    please be true...just need the tol'vir staff and i can stop with archeology :S

That change would really be appreciated. 15 Canopic Jars so far, and no recipe.

after I wasted MANY hours to get all the arch stuff? better not ...

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Why would you be against a change that wont impact you at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Caution! Free-roaming special snowflake.

A buff is nice.
    A complete change of the profession would be better.

Archeology starts out as pretty awesome (if you like exploring and reading about warcraft lore), but turns into a mindless grind once you reach ~450, and when you discover your 15th black trilobite, your 12th highborn pyxis and your 7th bone dice. And that's without even taking into account that you can farm for days without ever finding the rare artefact you're looking for.

Instead of having between 10 and 25 artefacts per race, there should be hundreds (300 for common races like Elves and Fossils, 250-200 for Vrykuls, Dwarves and Trolls, and 100 for Tol'vir, Nerubians, etc.), but each one should be unique (as rare artefacts are). That way, there's always a feeling of novelty (which is what makes early archeo cool and exciting), and you know that, at some point, you'll find that rare artefact you want, no matter what. It would also put and end to the "You find the 7th similar gift from that highborn dude to his lover".

hmm seems nice if true as ill have to do it on my main from 12 or somthing for the mounts

Deleted
    Dear lord please do! Please do! I want mah bug mount!
    Also, would love if the lowered the cd of the items, cos it sust stupidly long at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldhil View Post
    A complete change of the profession would be better.
    A complete change and redo of the profession can come only in MoP.

I went to dig up a fossil site for the new Darkmoon Faire daily because I didn't have enough fragments saved. Found 7, 7, then 5. Think this means fragments collected are getting a buff, which I'm quite grateful for.

In other news, have fifteen fossil fragments saved for 4.3's first DMF so you don't have to go fly out and dig up a site. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope this change stays! Been farming the bug mount much before and now maybe I can start again!

10+ Year Old Account
    THANK YOU if this is true
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideas to change the way this profession works:

- there should be at least one COMPLETE artifact in every digsite. Like, u get 2x(7-9) pieces + 1 entire one.

- the items should be nicer, have cooler effects on the environment, not only on the person.

- u should be able to trade minor artifacts for tokens or something that would allow BUYING rarer artifacts (like companions/mounts) on museum vendors. That way, u knew that SOMEDAY (even if it's far far away....) u would get what u wanted instead of counting on pure rng.

- remove the CD from the searcher... how I hate that message....

- maybe instead of that (horrid!) searcher, we would gain a compus that would spin when we enter the digsite in order to show us the direction at wich the artifact is hidden, then u dig it, without having to follow green lights...

- daily quests out of dungeons that would NOT require u to spend items (keystones)... instead, it would give u a buff to increase the number of discovered items, rare pieces, acess to special digsites, cool explorer-look-like items, more potent compuses, arch-tokens (mentioned above), etc.

These are some simple ideas. IMO, blizz just threw arch into the game without giving it enough attention, created a hype and... omg, snoozefest... very sloppy of them. The way Arch is today, I can level from 0-525 without the slightest feeling of accomplishment, cos it's rinse and repeat all the way.

Maybe all of those ideas together and other ones would finally make this profession fun/rewarding, and not just a time-sink blizz uses to keep us paying like busy little bees.

Some would say that this is nerfing it to the ground, but I totally disagree... how could u begin to nerf something that has never been buffed and was not even NEAR being fun? If u ever EVER find someone who says Arch is fun as it is, then u deserve a cookie and a kiss on the lips and the person deserves medication.
    Last edited by mekatron; 2011-11-07 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    I really hope this change stays! Been farming the bug mount much before and now maybe I can start again!
    Indeed, I turned into a Zombie doing it!!

one day I will get it /rawwwrr

Deleted
    please make the canopic jars bind on account, I startet frinding it for the trinekt on my paladin main, and it took me a lkong time to realise that my alchemy alt can´t get the mountrecipe this way... have 16 jars sitting in bank waiting for the change

Quote Originally Posted by Mekatron View Post
    - daily quests out of dungeons that would NOT require u to spend items (keystones)... instead, it would give u a buff to increase the number of discovered items, rare pieces, acess to special digsites, cool explorer-look-like items, more potent compuses, arch-tokens (mentioned above), etc.
    That would be pretty cool. I think one of their biggest single failures in Cata were those stupid keystone daily quests in Dungeons. Like anyone's going to blow a 100-250g item just for increased movement speed while in the instance, for that instance only, resetting the next day. Gimme a break.

If they were to do it, it would probably be at the end of the instance (as opposed to the start like it is now) and give you a bonus to the number of fragments you get from that race's digsite, nothing huge, but certainly welcome.
    ಠ_ಠ