Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10 isn't too young but playing past the age of 20 would make her a boarder line loser =)

It's fine imo I started when I was 10 and just keep the laungauge filters on and turn trade chat off.

How old is enough? I'd say 18+++ for less annoyance factor

10+ Year Old Account
    My daughter has been playing since she was 11...she is better then most of the adults I play the game with and she is only now 13...

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    The game is fine for that age, it's the community that isn't...
    Considering the vulgar language even NPCs use, it isn't.

Deleted
    Yup, pretty much

I think she should be fine if you keep an eye on her and keep her away from LFD unless she goes with 4 friends

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Why do you think you're entitled to decide which games your sister can and cannot play? You're both underage. The only people able to make that decision are your parents.
    Because his parents probably don't have a great perspective of the game like him... the game is fine, it's certinaly nothing a 10 year old can't handle. It's the community I would be cautious about.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Wow. I came into this thread like "Okay, he wants to know how young is to young to lose your virginity" and then the first couple of things I read are "Im 16 and my sister is 10" and I was like wow this took a weird turn. And then it turned out to be a meh thread.

Do your sister a favour; don't let her play any MMOs in her life. She'll thank you for it when shes 20 and actually has a social life.
    Hahahaha
    EPIC

just turn off her chat channels. she dosnt need them for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I don't think the 10 year old will read the questlines that often. And the only vulgarity is Damn, Hell, and maybe Bitch. Unless you mean things like "I'll chop off your head!", I don't think realism would effect her that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Let her go for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Came here, expected something else.
    This^^^

Anyway, I can understand your concerns regarding you little sis playing, the community of WoW can be a massive bag of dicks at times, and thats not something you would want to expose a 10 year old too. As others have said; if you do want to keep letting her play, put the profanity filter on, check up on her every now and then (Perhaps play with her?) and make sure she isnt playing for like 5 hours at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yeah, and kids in her school don't use vulgar language at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1996P View Post
    I am 16 and I have played WoW for 4 years, as of this upcoming summer. My sister who is 10, is interested in the game.

She used to play a rip off of the WoW game called, Free realms, and she wants to play WoW. She is on the lvl 20 beginner edition and loves playing a paladin.

Im very cautious of my sister, and I am wondering if this game is to young for her age, and also, she was obsessed with leveling stuff in the free realms game. 1 character maxed was around 5 or 6 WoW characters at 85.

I picked her a good balanced PvE server, as she requested. She is doing pretty good.
    make sure profanity filter is on, and oh yeah, remove trade chat from veiwing and it should be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though most of the time it feels like the community consists mostly of 10-year-olds...

Leave all chat channels and your 4 year old can play it.

Deleted
    The PEGI rating is simply a third party suggestion as to how old you should - according to someone else other than your parents - be to play a game. Some countries have a legal mandate that games do actually have to have the PEGI rating, it's possibly illegal in those countries for a vendor to sell said games to children under the suggested age, but I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal and fine to let your child of any age play any game you choose, as long as we're not talking about the game being classified as some kind of gross child abuse.

WoW definitely is not a violent game. The ratings have become very strict since gaming began some three decades ago, in games as well as TV-series and movies. WoW though is quite cartoony and colorful and I could very well see any child of any age playing it just fine.

I remember I watched animated series and played with their action figures from as young as I can remember, and as soon as one of my friends had a computer of any kind, we played all the games out there, including the violent and raunchy games of that time.

There's only one answer here. How young is too young to play WoW? The parents decide. As for how young is too young to create an account for WoW, that's easy to answer; under 18. You need to be 18 to create a WoW account, so if you're a minor your parent should be controlling whether you play at all.

Deleted
    I would personally stick to the 12+ age rating, not because of the content, but because of the game's community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    10 isn't too young but playing past the age of 20 would make her a boarder line loser =)
    And you're so damn sure that you're gonna turn into one cool guy past the age of 20 right?

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

My little brother has been playing off and on since he was 8 (hes 15 now).

He basically just gets to the level cap and doesn't play again until the next expac.