Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    To OP:
    As some people rightfully pointed, retri paladin was barely viable in PvP ever with very few and shortliving exceptions, and completely not viable in Cataclysm. If you want to play your paladin in PvP, I'd advice you to look on holy specialization, it is actually good in PvP.

Otherwise you have to reroll toon to enjoy PvP but don't like playing as healer. Don't listen to those saying it is a matter of skills, just try any other class, difference is obvious and immense.

Nowadays someone can lose to ret paladin only if completely sleeping. The only time when ret was dangerous in PvP was start of WotLK. Then they became harmless and defenseless creatures with big pink flag above "Free HK", and I was never losing opportunity to get that HK They were soloable in Cataclysm Beta by hunters' pets, and now it is not really much better.
    I see some invalid points. You cant say that ret isnt fun... its all personal preference.

I've been playing ret mage for the last few weeks, I can easily say that it is viable and alot of fun, your saying that rets are harmless and defenseless... thats funny because I did more damage than my mage in almost every game.

Bg's are fun. Most of the people saying that rets are bad and useless in pvp are people who play classes that can destroy pretty much any class. A shocking ret pally will die easily, but a clever one can last quite some time.

Gear does affect performance, having less than 4k resi will make it harder to keep yourself alive.

Ret isnt the 2 button class it used to be in Wrath, People fail to see that. So in turn they think that ret is rubbish because they cant win with 2 buttons.

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpark View Post
    tbh rets and warriors are prolly the worst in PVP at the moment
    Warriors... you have no clue, Ire ally dont understand how warriors can QQ about their class. Insane mobility, even more insane damage... yet your still complaining

I just started playing my old retridin again in PvP and I quite like it after getting used to how it works. My other PvP chars are shaman and mage, and I don't really end up frustrated over lacking some of the CC they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefz View Post
    Warriors... you have no clue, Ire ally dont understand how warriors can QQ about their class. Insane mobility, even more insane damage... yet your still complaining
    What? are you even playing the same game.. Warrior mobility is shit, a charge every 12 seconds (glyphed) which can easily be avoided by jumping, heroic leap every 1 minute which is a bag of shit because most of the time it doesnt work if theres a slight hill there, and INSANE DAMAGE WTF? mortal strike crits for like 16k with smash up on plate which is the equivalent of tickle. Whilst loladins hammer crits like 30k with wings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What? are you even playing the same game.. Warrior mobility is shit, a charge every 12 seconds (glyphed) which can easily be avoided by jumping, heroic leap every 1 minute which is a bag of shit because most of the time it doesnt work if theres a slight hill there, and INSANE DAMAGE WTF? mortal strike crits for like 16k with smash up on plate which is the equivalent of tickle. Whilst loladins hammer crits like 30k with wings.
    Then your gear must be shocking, A warrior pounding into you with any form of freedom/dispells with throwdown, hamstring and its stun. No chance of getting away with charge. Ive not seen any warriors with mobility issues....

lol? i seriously dont get how the warriors in this thread can be qqing about their class

10+ Year Old Account
    Then your gear must be shocking, A warrior pounding into you with any form of freedom/dispells with throwdown, hamstring and its stun. No chance of getting away with charge. Ive not seen any warriors with mobility issues....
    And a ret pounding into you whilst getting dispelled and his cds up will destroy you in seconds.

Maybe 1 on 1 with a ret, when is the game balanced around 1v1? not to mention rets actually destroy warriors 1v1. Any sort of root and the warrior cant do anything, los charge as well and gg.

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    lol? i seriously dont get how the warriors in this thread can be qqing about their class
    Probably because anyone whos not a shit player can destroy warriors in arena, guarentee you dont play one. Paired with hunters, warriors are the worst class for pvp right now.

Deleted
    Ive not seen any warriors with mobility issues...
    ergo

I don't actually play proper arena but I like to give my opinion anyway, wrong as it is.
    Warriors have mobility problems. Warrior damage isn't even that great anymore. Warriors are almost as bad as hunters, like TJ stated. Honestly, they are, even though there's quite a ton of high rated warriors out there.

If mobility was good for warriors they wouldnt get completely abused by frost mages. The only way to beat a good frost mage is to have a healer at your back and well hidden humping a pillar somewhere.

Warrior damage though less then it was shortly ago is still in a good spot. If you use your CDs correctly they actually destroy stuff nicely.

After playing against quite a few good ret pallys running Ret/Hunter/priest or Ret/FDK/pally it is very obvious the difference between a good ret pally and a bad one. A good one uses his CDs on his teammates, a bad one only helps himself stay on the target and then bitches that his mates arent doing enough.

Not every class needs to be able to beat EVERY class. Blizz did a good job of making sure each class has a counter. Best case scenario, if you want to run rbgs make sure you run it with a group of classes that make it beneficial for you to be there. IE a group that has many buffs so that when a mage goes to spell steal they probably wont get it or mass dispel doesnt either.

If you can run with DK/Ret/Rogue on offense in RBGs a ret is going to shine!

I kill mages on my ret pally in BG's yeah frost mages too, go try that on your warrior or even dk, see yah after the countelsss slows, deep freezs and snares, I just cleanse ftw and they end up regretting .
    In Bg's I stick to targets like glue, unless their priests coz their insta fear sucks, i'm incredibly annoying and smack the heck out of anything and evrything.I honestly cannot see myself playing any other melee class that has to sit in snares all day long in bgs.

unless you're a rogue or dk being melee is not that fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rets are kinda like Enhancement Shammies... they're nothing to write home about on their own but they work exceptionally well in a group, using their utility to support their team.

Paladins and Shamans are a support class, no matter what spec you play. If you don't wanna support your team, it's probably time to play a different class. If you like melee, Rogue would be a good choice.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Rets are kinda like Enhancement Shammies... they're nothing to write home about on their own but they work exceptionally well in a group, using their utility to support their team.

Paladins and Shamans are a support class, no matter what spec you play. If you don't wanna support your team, it's probably time to play a different class. If you like melee, Rogue would be a good choice.
    Really this.
    Rets are good support with a good setup.

I sometimes play ret w/ some friends in pvp and we just do bs
    It's fun!
    But I couldn't get myself to play ret as a main.

If you want action go for warrior.
    They have so much action going on ^^
    Or go for... Well you know the answer.
    Anything but ret

You are lucky dude! when you cast wings and it is stolen by mage, when you cast hand of freedom and it is stolen by mage, you would be mad!!

This is only time you can burst damage, without it, ret pally is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by skrikspya View Post
    Ok ,first of all: ret is NOT bad in pvp. If you play ret as a warrior with bubble then yes it sucks. If you play ret as ret it is a nice spec.

However in order to be somewhat succesful you need a healer on your back and a "dps" teammate. You do nice burst (yes it can be spellstolen, we know), and semidecent pressure outside of it. Your great strength lies in throwing out buffs like hand of freedom, hand of protection, word of glory etc non stop on your healer and your "dps" friend. You are supporter, not "RAWR, I R DPZ".
    You speak of BG? So need 2 other people to actually be battle effective?
    What concerns arena - it is better to bring 2nd healer, same paladin but holy. Same buffs and debuffs, better survival, and when ret goes support mode he doesn't do damage at all anyway.

And about "RAWR, I R DPZ", last time i checked Retribution talent tree, guess what? Oh my, it was for DPS!

Edit: PreCata, support point could be viable. But in Cata, both - support and damage abilities for ret in PvP were nerfed so much, so better just to bring something else but not ret paladin.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2011-11-12 at 11:38 PM.