10+ Year Old Account

Help my guild's Hunter!

Hey there MMO-C Hunters.

Our Hunter has recently brought up that he isn't happy with his DPS for his gear level. He did some reading up and figured out one of his flaws was c/d usage with Rapid Shots. I personally know NOTHING about hunters (my highest is level 34) but I do know how great these forums have been for helping out people with perfecting rotations.

Our Hunter is either Survival or Marks, depending on the fight. I'll provide both his armory and some World of Logs so you guys can review them and maybe point out room for improvement.

Shannel Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...annel/advanced

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0j3vm...?s=6434&e=6881 For our Majordomo 10H Kill.

Feel free to analyze other fights and offer some help/guidance. He is by no means a bad player, and usually does pretty good damage but he knows there's room for improvement and just needs some guidance to figure out where.

Thanks in advance
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Looked over the gear, and it didn't seem like he was messing anything up.

Looking at a log (Baleroc cause of it's mechanics), I notice that he's not using the usual method of blowing RF and hardcasting aimeds while in a CA phase. In fact, now that I'm looking at a graph of Baleroc with both Timewarp+RF plotted on it, it seems like this guy has a complete disregard for the RF mechanics. He popped it a few seconds before Timewarp, which is understandable if he didn't know when timewarp was going out, but then his next RF is an entire minute later. It probably should have been immediately readiness'd after time warp ended.

Other than an improvement on Rapid Fire usage, I'd suggest that he look into maintaining a better uptime on Improved Steady Shot. It should be at 95%+, and on that Baleroc it's a 87%, and on your H Majordomo logs it's only at a 49% uptime.

Edit: My logs, if you're interested. Only the FL on Tuesday/Thursday I'm apart of, and these logs are my personal logs that only just started up.

As Trape stated, it's horrible Rapid Fire timing, bad skill usage during Haste effects, and poor ISS uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Looked over the gear, and it didn't seem like he was messing anything up.

Looking at a log (Baleroc cause of it's mechanics), I notice that he's not using the usual method of blowing RF and hardcasting aimeds while in a CA phase. In fact, now that I'm looking at a graph of Baleroc with both Timewarp+RF plotted on it, it seems like this guy has a complete disregard for the RF mechanics. He popped it a few seconds before Timewarp, which is understandable if he didn't know when timewarp was going out, but then his next RF is an entire minute later. It probably should have been immediately readiness'd after time warp ended.

Other than an improvement on Rapid Fire usage, I'd suggest that he look into maintaining a better uptime on Improved Steady Shot. It should be at 95%+, and on that Baleroc it's a 87%, and on your H Majordomo logs it's only at a 49% uptime.

Edit: My logs, if you're interested. Only the FL on Tuesday/Thursday I'm apart of, and these logs are my personal logs that only just started up.
    First off, thanks for the replies, I just linked this thread to him so I'm sure he'll be checking it out once he gets a chance.

As for the low uptime of ISS during Domo, I'm going to guess that part of that comes from when he was taking flame orbs, and then maybe cat leaps could be affecting it. Like I said he's a great hunter so I'm sure just having these things pointed out to him will help a bunch. Thanks again.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I'd suggest he get an addon that showed when the buff is up (I personally use Chronobars), giving him an indication of when he should do his 2xSS.

Deleted
    That DPS in that gear makes me die a little inside.

The timing of an consistency of your haste buffs contributes to a large amount of the DPS. If Hunger had pocced with Timewarp and RF then his haste would be nearing, or passing 200%, which is just physically unplayable, let alone doing decent DPS. He needs to learn to manage balancing out the haste procs to get consistently high haste, and therefore reduce his DPS.

He also had an 8% uptime of his instant cast Aimed shot buff for Baleroc, I feel it's wasting a free spell completely.

Looking at your Raggy kill, if he's struggling on fairly simple stuff there, possibly he just isn't concentrating enough to get the correct timings done?

Far to much damage to the Voracious Hatchling on Alysrazor, I don't normally bother as it just leaves the tanks and melee standing around doing nothing for a lot of P1.

He'd also benefit from being MM for Beth'tilac, he could easily do 30k DPS if speced into Rapid Fire.

I do hope the mastery reforging isn't what he does for MM...

(Also he may as well get Glyph of feign death...)