Do you read Privacy Policies?

Do you read privacy policies? I've got into the habit of reading them and I feel violated if I continue to use the product, I might be over reacting, or misreading or not.

There's this product I use called splashtop remote for my iPhone to control my PC, but I haven't used it after reading their privacy policy, and I the only one out here like this?

http://www.splashtop.com/privacy

If anyone wants to take the time to read that over, You can tell me if I'm over reacting lol

I take it you just watched the south park about the human centipad? And no.. they dont actually do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost never. If I am interested, I'll do a quick google of the product.

WTB poll

Deleted
    nope never.

Deleted
    of course not

It's rare....i do this only when i don't trust the product or something like that....I have read Blizzard terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    I take it you just watched the south park about the human centipad? And no.. they dont actually do that.
    Lol, I did like that episode, but after finding out that companies get information from you and sell it to third party's is kinda off putting to me.

Here's random Copy n Paste from the link I posted above.
    Information We Collect:
    Through the Products:
    "Each Splashtop-based software product or service contains an activation time stamp, which is transparently collected by our server the first time you use the Product."
    "you are authorizing Splashtop to collect information about your use of the Product, including, without limitation, the number of times you use the Product or various applications included with the Product, the duration of use,..."

Including, WITHOUT limitation, what does that even mean? lol, This is what we collect from you, but we can take anything we want and not tell you. Again, I'm more than likely paranoid, but its what goes through my mind when reading these.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    Lol, I did like that episode, but after finding out that companies get information from you and sell it to third party's is kinda off putting to me.

Here's random Copy n Paste from the link I posted above.
    Information We Collect:
    Through the Products:
    "Each Splashtop-based software product or service contains an activation time stamp, which is transparently collected by our server the first time you use the Product."
    "you are authorizing Splashtop to collect information about your use of the Product, including, without limitation, the number of times you use the Product or various applications included with the Product, the duration of use,..."

Including, WITHOUT limitation, what does that even mean? lol, This is what we collect from you, but we can take anything we want and not tell you. Again, I'm more than likely paranoid, but its what goes through my mind when reading these.
    They can collect anything from me they want, see no problem in that. As long as they won't spew around my passwords / cc number / etc.

Also: I think Without limitation refers to "the number of times" (for instance they won't stop tracking the usage after any fixed number, but that's just my interpretaton).
    Last edited by conceit2; 2011-11-06 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    In that context it's likely been added just to make it simpler for them to revise the list if they so choose at a later date. But it doesn't mean they can or will be collecting information which doesn't have anything to do with your use of the product, or at this time will be collecting anything more than what's been listed.