Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    Why do people feel the need to make these threads
    attention seekers i guess...
    well i feel OP will return to game sooooon ^^

Deleted
    Why do people go to funerals?

Agree with OP, same happened with me. Quit in the past but this time it's different. This is why so many are upset about Pandas and all that nonsense. They wanted the substance to change, not the style, and it didn't happen. Same old, same old..

Was fun while it lasted though!

Deleted
    I never got what's so special about quitting WoW. If it's not fun, you don't play right? Isn't it that simple? Seriously. I haven't played in a month or so because I was bored with Firelands. But I might resub for 4.3 if it looks fun. WoW is not addictive like drugs or ciggarettes. If you're addicted to it it's cos of ur personality. I'd very much like to know why it's hard to quit WoW for some people. Anyone care to fill me in?

Well whats special about it? this is what is.

I use to quit and come back to WoW because of nostalgic reason AND because I couldn't find any other video games to fill in the time from when I was off WoW.

I still can't find any games to replace the time WoW filled but this time around I have absolutely zero willpower to do anything in WoW, or any MMORPG for that matter. I was considering playing SWTOR until I played beta and now I don't plan to purchase it.

It's just a nice feeling that I can play any other game I want now, even shitty single-player games...without that feeling of feeling like IM wasting time on the another game because im not on WoW doing stuff ya know? This is why it feels so different this time. The last dozen times I've quit WoW I still had will-power and the enthusiasm to do stuff in WoW...and what I said is that after doing it so much (quitting,resubbing,quitting,resubbing over and over) that I've finally burnt my fuse out on it and I just don't care anymore.

I've had extremely long breaks from WoW before...in-fact in WOTLK I quit for 18 months...but I never felt the way I do now...in those 18 months i quit I still had willpower/enthusiasm/carefactor for WoW...it's just gone now.

Always find it funny that random people need to comfort themselves on forums about their reasons to quit wow.
    Can't you just quit and not have to talk about it? You must be insecure in your decisions so you come post here to feel comforted.
    Guess your mind isn't that free after all..

10+ Year Old Account
    haha yes, I too traded wow for the OT mmochamp forums. It's like trade chat but more intelligent and actually moderated.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you didn't. You'll be back...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    attention seekers i guess...
    well i feel OP will return to game sooooon ^^
    It has nothing to do with attention seeking. If anything, I'd suggest replies stirring the pot with negative implications are far more in line with the typical behaviour of those seeking attention than a thread open to discussion and feedback on a forum board designed for such things.

As for people returning to the game, that only occurs in some cases. Subscriptions have been declining for quite some time and I know a heck of a lot of players who have simply stopped logging in. Half of the people on my Real ID list have not logged in for months and we simply chat on MSN/Skype instead. WoW has become a glorified chatroom for many of us, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    No you didn't. You'll be back...
    You say that as If I've just finished raiding or something.

I haven't actually raided in WoW since TBC.

All I've done since TBC was play casually PvPing Arena/BGs/leveling...and quitting every so often. I've got no one expecting me to log on...theres nothing...no strings attached to the game at all anymore.

There is nothing for me in the game...no willpower to do anything...no enthusiasm. I've only kept coming back because of nostalgic reasons. Ive never posted a quitting or quit thread before...and I've quit literally a dozen times. It's so much different this time because the sole reason I kept coming back has finally blown a fuse in my mind.

Deleted
    It's nice to see someone who's a fan of the game, but voicing coherent misgivings with the game. I think the best fans aren't those who toady up to or fawn over everything Blizzard says or does but those who aren't afraid to voice legitimate criticisms or responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a general off topic forum...they can make a thread about whatever they want.

Here, i will use wow fanboi tactics against you.... Why do you feel the need to post in a thread that has nothing to do with you, in a section of the forums that has nothing to do with WOW or any of its gameplay mechanics. If you disagree with the OP, why not just not post and move on.

It's a game, not some ultimate emotional dilemma

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni View Post
    Well whats special about it? this is what is.

I use to quit and come back to WoW because of nostalgic reason AND because I couldn't find any other video games to fill in the time from when I was off WoW.

I still can't find any games to replace the time WoW filled but this time around I have absolutely zero willpower to do anything in WoW, or any MMORPG for that matter. I was considering playing SWTOR until I played beta and now I don't plan to purchase it.

It's just a nice feeling that I can play any other game I want now, even shitty single-player games...without that feeling of feeling like IM wasting time on the another game because im not on WoW doing stuff ya know? This is why it feels so different this time. The last dozen times I've quit WoW I still had will-power and the enthusiasm to do stuff in WoW...and what I said is that after doing it so much (quitting,resubbing,quitting,resubbing over and over) that I've finally burnt my fuse out on it and I just don't care anymore.

I've had extremely long breaks from WoW before...in-fact in WOTLK I quit for 18 months...but I never felt the way I do now...in those 18 months i quit I still had willpower/enthusiasm/carefactor for WoW...it's just gone now.
    What's that "feel" you need to have? I don't get it. If you think it's boring you can just quit, right?

"It's just a nice feeling that I can play any other game I want now, even shitty single-player games...without that feeling of feeling like IM wasting time on the another game because im not on WoW doing stuff ya know?" I don't know.

What I do get is that it can be harder to quit WoW than another game because of attachments with other players. But is having some friends on WoW worth $15 a month when you can speak to them through other programs?

If your guild or "friends" tries to keep you from leaving WoW when you think it's boring, then they're just total douchebags.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    It's nice to see someone who's a fan of the game, but voicing coherent misgivings with the game. I think the best fans aren't those who toady up to or fawn over everything Blizzard says or does but those who aren't afraid to voice legitimate criticisms or responses.
    Yeah, I agree. I used to love the game up until Cataclysm and now I feel as if my preferred playstyle has been impacted heavily by sweeping game changes that have indirectly eroded away a lot of what once was. As a result, I've quit - even though there were some aspects of the game I still enjoyed. I try to give solid feedback when and where I can because I want to see the MMORPG genre evolve rather than devolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    What's that "feel" you need to have? I don't get it. If you think it's boring you can just quit, right?
    That "feel" is many things.

1.The will-power to stay logged onto the same game for hours and hours per week every week for months/years on end.

2.The enthusiasm to continue progressing your character through running raids/pvping and gearing up.

3.The nostalgic thoughts my mind kept bringing up

Before when I've quit WoW it's because I was bored with the game...but I still had that will-power to grind out hours and hours, I still had the enthusiasm to gear up and progress my character, and I still had tons of nostalgic memories that I believed were still re-obtainable.

It's only this time around that I've realised I can't stand being logging in for a few minutes, I can't stand grinding, I can't stand anything about the mechanics, the hot-key type also feels soul-destroying after so many years of playing hotkey games. I realised I've got zero enthusiasm to level or progress a character > Which is the reason a vast majority of people play mmo/rpg games...if you don't care about that part progressing and stuff then you don't really "belong".

I've quit enough times and had nostalgic feelings and returned tons of times...too many times now...so much that my brain has finally blown a fuse and it's like all my nostalgic memories are gone now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post

"It's just a nice feeling that I can play any other game I want now, even shitty single-player games...without that feeling of feeling like IM wasting time on the another game because im not on WoW doing stuff ya know?" I don't know.

What I do get is that it can be harder to quit WoW than another game because of attachments with other players. But is having some friends on WoW worth $15 a month when you can speak to them through other programs?

If your guild or "friends" tries to keep you from leaving WoW when you think it's boring, then they're just total douchebags.
    The feel that wow is still what you love, because I too feel wow dead to me now, I left before much longer, but that was because I was freakin tapped to bed and can't play no matter how much I wanted (out of surgery)
    I didn't leave wow since vanilla however except during surgery time, now I don't feel wow at all, the game changed, and it isn't in the direction I like (and from what I see, many others too)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    I had that feeling, didn't play for about a month shy of 2 years. However, i finished university, came home, got a 9-5 job and had nothing to do in the evenings. No work or reading to do, no parties to go to (i live in the back end of nowhere) and WoW gave me an escape again. It gave me a chance to talk to people who were interested in the same thing and play a challenging game in places, especially because my alt class (hunter) had changed beyond all recognition. Last time I played it still had mana!

I dont know if it will last or if in a few months time i find something else id rather spend my time doing i will probably stop playing again
    Same, I miss Zurich :/

I "quit" all the time. Sometimes for a month, sometimes for 6 months. It's really no big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Guys, stop bashing the guy saying "LOL U BE BACK SOON". It's not nice.
    And yeah, I stopped playing as well when I was banned in May and don't really want to come back. I've had urges here and there, then just tell myself "What am I really going to do that is fun? Meh, nothing." and lose all urges to play again. Nostalgia is a terrible, terrible thing.
    Nostalgia is not always a terrible thing! I've had urges to replay some of the older RPG's that I loved throughout the 90's and '00's. In every single case I can happily replay them, even though they're dated. Yet whenever I try to go back to WoW, I find that large swathes of the community are insufferable and lots of the features that once appealed to me have been removed or dumbed down.

I suppose in my case, the game has simply lost a lot of its initial charm. It was Warcraft 3 that got me interested in the setting, yet very little of the pop culture infested content reminds me of that these days.