Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

GeForce GT 520 Vs. Radeon HD6850

As far as WoW's graphics, how well will these two cards perform in a raid setting?

Assume that the GT 520 is running with an i5 & 6GB RAM, and the HD 6850 is running with an i7 & 8GB RAM.

I'd link the actual entire computers but my work computer prohibits tabbed browsing, rly blizz? >_>

Edit: Radeon HD 6850, not 6950.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    6850 > GT520 as the Nvidia card is not for gaming use and the AMD is. If you are talking sandy bridge CPU's then any of the current i5 or i7's are more than enough for any games out just now.

I believe the GT 520 is in line with the Radeon 6450, so not even a close comparison.

That's interesting, I was just about to order a 6850 aswell.
    My brother uses this card and he's been playing BF3 and some other games very smoothly. He uses a rather cheap triple-core processor, so I think you should be able to run WoW absolutely fine with an i7, 8GB of RAM and a 6850. Though I don't have benchmarks to back it up, it's just from personal experience.

Hope it helps

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There IS NO comparison here, none whatsoever.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Fixed the title for you.
    The HD6850 is quite a lot better than a HTPC-card. so

the HD6850 is MUCH better than GT520

Deleted
    As a reminder about Nvidia graphic cards. The first number doesn't mean rats ass.
    Even GT130 will perform better than GT520.

And yes, HD6850 is ALOT better than GT520.

Stick with a Radeon if you plan to pay under 200 bucks for a card. The 6850 is really a steal in the price range its at and Nvidea really doesnt have much to compete in that price range.

If price doesnt matter, then grab a GTX 580.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2011-11-07 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Nvidea really doesnt have much to compete in that price range.
    GTX 460 1GiB for 40 USD less.

10+ Year Old Account
    If price doesnt matter, then grab a GTX 580.
    No.... if price doesn't matter... you buy two Asus MARS IIs.... silly Gsara. ;p
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    GTX 460 1GiB for 40 USD less.
    someone having a sale? Cause a gtx460 for 110 USD is really really good.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No.... if price doesn't matter... you buy two Asus MARS IIs.... silly Gsara. ;p
    Lol, very very true, but I was just thinking single for the OP. =p
    Last edited by Gsara; 2011-11-07 at 08:07 PM.

someone having a sale? Cause a gtx460 for 110 USD is really really good.
    Well. 119.99 with MIR. Most inexpensive HD6850 I found, although I only looked quickly, was 149.99, no MIR

Well. 119.99 with MIR. Most inexpensive HD6850 I found, although I only looked quickly, was 149.99, no MIR
    Damn that is a good price with a MIR, cheapest 6850 I found with a mir was this...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...436&CatId=7005

Either way, both are really good deals.

Now I need the Mars2 to go on sale or something lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    i got gtx 460 and a i5 2500k and 8gb ram and i play with everything on ultra on 1920 x 1080 and always have over 60 fps and gtx 460 is REALLY cheap and good!

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm really comparing is this vs. this.

I know I'll get scolded for going to a computer forum and talking about buying pre-built retial computers, but that's just the way things are. Looking to be able to PC game with "high to ultra" graphics for the next 2-3 years. Fine with possibly replacing a graphics card 2 years down the line, I just want something that will last me a while without me having to dump my pockets.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post

I know I'll get scolded for going to a computer forum and talking about buying pre-built retial computers, but that's just the way things are. Looking to be able to PC game with "high to ultra" graphics for the next 2-3 years. Fine with possibly replacing a graphics card 2 years down the line, I just want something that will last me a while without me having to dump my pockets.
    You could build a better computer with a better case and better likely everything for those same amounts of money.

Or at least buy from better companies, Gateway and HP =/= gaming computers, especially gaming with "high to ultra" graphics.

The motherboards are an H67 in the Gateway and a sad H61 in the HP, making me unable to even tell you, "okay, go ahead and buy them." The Gateway one will not even run games near at all to what you want, so let's just take that off the list and get down to the nit and grits of the HP...

The HP has an H61 chipset motherboard, therefore, no SATA III 6Gb/s support, so you can't take full usage of a SATA III SSD... how stupid. It also has an i7-2600.... okay, not overclockable, and even if you put an i7-2600K in there, H61 does not support overclocking, you would have to get a new motherboard.

The HDD is a 5400RPM snail. Most HDDs nowadays that aren't ECO-friendly HDDs run at 7200RPM or MORE.

And so... $1,000? That is no deal, whatsoever. You could do so so so much better, whether you bought from newegg.com's list of ibuypower/cyberpowerpc's prebuilts or built it yourself. I would write up a list for you right now for $1,000 that would completely blow away this HP, honestly, piece of crap, but I have to jet to school. Someone will surely take up the call and post a killer rig that will be twice as powerful, and have a better HDD/SSD.

I suggest you go take a look at the builds in the computer build help subforum here in the thread "Marest's Sample Build Thread."

Cheers.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post

Your choice. As long as you know it's a better option to build one, and you choose not to, that's your choice and you should be respected for it.

The second computer is superior in every single aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your choice. As long as you know it's a better option to build one, and you choose not to, that's your choice and you should be respected for it.

The second computer is superior in every single aspect.
    Eh, the first one has an H67 chipset motherboard, so it supports SATA III. ;p
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Eh, the first one has an H67 chipset motherboard, so it supports SATA III. ;p
    And how likely is he to add an SSD? :P It won't matter for the HDD.