I need some help with a Boomkin macro please.

I'm just looking for a way to write a macro that would cast Insect Swarm then Moonfire and then reset so that when it's time to refresh I'm only using the one button and therefore freeing up more bar space. I would greatly appreciate any help that any of you more experienced macro writers can offer.

/castsequence reset=3 Insect Swarm, Moonfire

Not sure what happens in solar, though, try it out. Get the spell names via Shilf-LeftMouseButton from your spellbook to avoid spelling errors. "reset=3" means that the makro resets 3s after you've last pressed that button, choose a number you like.

Hey thank you very much for some reason everything else that I thought would work just wouldn't. Also with the solar eclipse it should stay the same since the spell morphs and there isn't a need to have a separate spell on another button. But I will try it out and post back just as soon as I get internet I can play on again. (in Afghanistan) lol thanks again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if you know, but Starfire adds seconds to your MF, so you'll be clipping hard core on your MF if you use a macro like that.
    Haste Breakpoint Calculator! -------- CTC Calculator!

Sig by Elyaan | My Work | Que: 3 | PMs: OPEN

10+ Year Old Account
    /castsequence reset=3 Insect Swarm, Moonfire
    Change to
    /castsequence reset=3/target Insect Swarm, Moonfire

Because you dont want to wait when tab dotting.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kieble View Post
    I'm not sure if you know, but Starfire adds seconds to your MF, so you'll be clipping hard core on your MF if you use a macro like that.
    That's only if you got it glyphed, and currently, that is a very shitty glyph in comparison to Glyph of Wrath. Mainly because SF will update the moonfire to it's new spellpower, haste and dmg, and thus it won't benefit from eclipse anylonger. Besides. clipping dots is what you usually do anyways as a moonkin, because you generally refresh your dots right before you out of eclipse and when you get back into eclipse.

So basically, Glyph of Starfire will reduce your dps if you refresh moonfire by queing it with your last starfire cast.

OP: As a moonkin, you don't even need all that much space on your bars. What are you going to use it for? Heals (which will bring you out of form anyways)? Besides, what are you going to do during movement phases on fights when your only options are placing shrooms and spamming moonfire? Keep respamming IS as well?
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-11-09 at 03:50 PM.

Maybe he's trying to downsize his bars for a minimal ui?

Anyway, glad I found this wouldn't mind freeing up some space too. Certainly going to make multi dotting a simpler process.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpudd View Post
    ...Also with the solar eclipse it should stay the same since the spell morphs and there isn't a need to have a separate spell on another button...
    Well...unless they've fixed it since early Cataclysm it actually won't work. I used to use an almost identical macro and once it hit sunfire it didn't work in solar eclipse. The issue was that sunfire actually is another spell in the spellbook. It essentially wipes out moonfire from your spellbook and rewrites it as sunfire. If someone could make a macro involving both moonfire AND sunfire...that might work...otherwise ya, it won't work in solar eclipse. Sorry...
    Last edited by Iyotanka; 2011-11-09 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    Well...unless they've fixed it since early Cataclysm it actually won't work. I used to use an almost identical macro and once it hit sunfire it didn't work in solar eclipse. The issue was that sunfire actually is another spell in the spellbook. It essentially wipes out moonfire from your spellbook and rewrites it as sunfire. If someone could make a macro involving both moonfire AND sunfire...that might work...otherwise ya, it won't work in solar eclipse. Sorry...
    Yeah, that's why you also have to make sunfire a seperate debuff for addons to track them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    ... Besides. clipping dots is what you usually do anyways as a moonkin, because you generally refresh your dots right before you out of eclipse and when you get back into eclipse...
    Don't give ppl misguided information plz. You do NOT refresh dots b4 leaving eclipse.

that macro is really not a good idea because it happens that you don't apply them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    that macro is really not a good idea because it happens that you don't apply them at the same time.
    this.

let me explain a little bit further, the difference between a good moonkin and a great moonkin is one that maxes his DPS. during high movement phases youll get three mushrooms down and then spam moon/sunfire while keeping IS up. a lot of times this will put your dots out of sync and you'll want to refresh them at different times. if you do it right, you WILL see a noticeable dps increase on the order of 1-1.5k

srsly.

Wow ok thank you all for your input. This toon was originally just for farming but I really wanna go away from my Shaman as my main and get into a hardcore 25 man raiding guild with my Boomkin. I just love playing on it.