Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna say, MW3 sold like 10 million copies today...

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    So either make a decent suggestion (all I've seen is self-serving QQ - "make the game the way I like"), play another game or play WoW until you find something better. Really, there's no point in this kind of thread. Blizzard will not hear you. WoW is a product, you either like it and pay for it or not. You have to be very naive to believe forum banter will change the design direction.
    We're just discussing why/how these numbers came up. You're an asshole lmao.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Wow that is insane. Although when I was at the midnight release line at Gamestop it was a football field's length at least.

Just curious who is it that publishes that game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Except what you're saying is not logical. The announcement wasn't devastating to most WoW players. You are hearing from the vocal minority. People are far more likely to speak up when they dislike something than if they like something. I've seen poll after poll after poll showing that for the people who voted, the overwhelming majority of them are still playing, and are excited for the new content. You can't listen to one loud cow mooing constantly and say, "Well, hell, the whole herd is in an uproar."
    Polls on.. MMO Champion, where the general view on MoP is positive?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Just curious who is it that publishes that game?
    Why, the overlord, master of all, creator of everything, Fuehrer of gaming, Activision of course!

AND LET ACTIVISION BE PRAISED.

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Polls on.. MMO Champion, where the general view on MoP is positive?
    Polls on a website devoted mostly to WoW content, yes. People are free to say if they like or dislike something about the game here. If you don't trust a forum site devoted to WoW content where people who play that content can speak freely about their opinions...I dunno what else to tell you.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Why, the overlord, master of all, creator of everything, Fuehrer of gaming, Activision of course!

AND LET ACTIVISION BE PRAISED.

Amen!
    Oh they must have needed to push 20mil copies to turn a profit on it then as it must be one of those games that Blizz is currently financing for Activision according to Mvallas.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Oh they must have needed to push 20mil copies to turn a profit on it then as it must be one of those games that Blizz is currently financing for Activision according to Mvallas.
    Source please...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    WoW is still the best option out there. That may change, and very soon. I remember when Rift, Aion, DCUO, and LOTRO were going to kill WoW. Here I'm going to offer up two observations.

1) They did not kill WoW.

2) At least 2 of them have gone Free to Play.

Now, here's an addendum to the second point. LOTRO still has people playing it, even though it is FtP. AND they're still releasing expansions, putting new stuff in. You can't say it's dead. And yet WoW is dead? Even if WoW goes FtP...actually, should probably say "when," because it WILL happen eventually...it will still not be dead. I'm not sure why people so badly WANT it to die. I guess because it's the top dog, and it's popular, and some people just absolutely HATE that.
    for the last time:

we don't hate the game, we hate what blizzard is doing with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if 1.8 million people have left?

There could be an absolutely amazing game, one of the best ever, and no one might play it. On the other hand, you could have an absolutely terrible game, one of the worst ever, and have 68 million people playing it.

If you don't work directly with Blizzard, you shouldn't care about sub numbers.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And lets not forget Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Diablo 3.

Q4 is NOT going to look pretty at all for WoW... even with the Annual Contract...
    No kidding. I'm taking two days off of work to play Skyrim the weekend it comes out...and when mass effect comes, the most WoW I'll play is to raid with the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Who cares if 1.8 million people have left?

There could be an absolutely amazing game, one of the best ever, and no one might play it. On the other hand, you could have an absolutely terrible game, one of the worst ever, and have 68 million people playing it.

If you don't work directly with Blizzard, you shouldn't care about sub numbers.
    I wish everyone who plays WoW would understand this!
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

saying "im gonna quit because 800k other people that i dont know quit" is like saying "im an internet lemming and heres my proof"

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    for the last time:

we don't hate the game, we hate what blizzard is doing with it.
    No, not everyone hates it, didn't mean to imply that. However, there ARE some people who actually post gleefully every time they see that WoW is losing subscribers.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Oh no 10 million subs, what an awfully small number.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    saying "im gonna quit because 800k other people that i dont know quit" is like saying "im an internet lemming and heres my proof"
    Don't think anybody is saying "i'm gonna quite because 800k in other people quit". I think they're saying "800k people are quitting because there's clearly something that a lot of players don't like."

I mean, you can be the one lemming who thinks he's smart because he stayed on the cliffside... but then gets all lonely and depressed because his friends all left - and that's when the eagle swoops down, kills you, and feeds you to her children...

...I'm not really sure where I was going with that story TBH... but there it is. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    More content than Patch 4.1 and 4.2 combined, and even more!

2 new heroics.
    1 new quest chain for a panther.

1 new raid
    Molten Front.
    1 new quest chain for some cloaks.
    1 Legendary

3 new heroics. - So we will have to bleed out by making those 3 all the time like all those poorly remade ZG/ZA . And in WOTLK (we had 3 instances coming out with icc) they were interesting for quite short time
    1 new raid. - with very little bosses and quite a bit of people say (compared to older raids) that it looks disappointing and boring.
    Transmog. - Fun for very short time.
    New DMF. - Fun for very short time, and once a month
    Void Bank - Conected directly to Transmog, you split ONE thing into two - just as expected.
    1 (even though it's technially 2) legendary daggers - For ONE (and least played) class, amazing.
    And more stuff to come. - You mean the LFR that already failed before it got even released?
    (lol 2 new worgen mounts)
    I mean... come on, 4.3 isnt anything amazing sadly .
    For blind ppl - Italic = what Ive added to the quote myself.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2011-11-09 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Meh, WoW Brazil's launch and 4.3 coming out will get more subs. I'm not worried about it.
    depends on how the new expansion goes---charming stories and interesting content etc......

15+ Year Old Account
    Their response, "It is mostly china", makes me think they still don't get it. I really hope not.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.