Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

PTR build buffs to SV and BM

Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Beast Mastery

Focus Fire now lasts 20 sec, up from 15 sec.

Survival

T.N.T. now has a 10/20% chance to proc, up from 6/12%.

/thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really been a fan of MM so it's a good change. Not sure how big the impact will be though.

Bm will still suffer from pet pathing and everything else wrong with the buggy pet AI... This may actually be a big buff for SV... IF they take AS off the TNT proc... other wise we will still be wasting first TNT procs on AS due to shot que's and that is horrid IMO...

BM top spec in 4.3? anyone?

Meh, I can dream.

Other than that, glad to see SV is going to be at least competetive now, always hated MM.

I went Survival in 3.0.8 and have never once looked back, so I'm really happy about this.

*tears of joy* More buffs!

Deleted
    Where did they get the idea that focus fire needed 5 more seconds? What BM really needs is kill command to have an increased range or make it a buff that causes the pet to use the attack once it's in range. Focus fire doesn't need changed.

Improved Steady Shot now lasts 15 seconds up from 8.

^we can always dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking the buffs don't really like BM or MM tho dunno y i just like being lazy on my Hunter in SV i think its almost like an Arcane mage just not as OP

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take it! me and my devilsaur are happy

So they attempted to bring BM and SV up to MM. But decided not to bring hunters as a whole up to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cganz View Post
    So they attempted to bring BM and SV up to MM. But decided not to bring hunters as a whole up to everyone else.
    Pretty much sums up my first thought after reading the notes. Everything trying to balance the specs around is great but the problem is even the top theoretical DPS spec will be behind, even with these buffs.
    Last edited by Vilk; 2011-11-15 at 04:42 AM.

Because Hunter's aren't bad?

Maybe if you're looking at simcraft, they're bad, but if you look at fight mechanics, Hunters can perform jobs that no one else can do, their dps(not bm) is very versatile, and front end, and they can provide almost every buff in the game

Even with 'mediocre' dps, they still hold their own, because fight mechanics don't hurt their dps as much as other classes.

If Hunters are buffed, why would you take a hunter instead of anything else?

And we don't know how they'll perform in DS, so stop bitching.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    Because Hunter's aren't bad?

Maybe if you're looking at simcraft, they're bad, but if you look at fight mechanics, Hunters can perform jobs that no one else can do, their dps(not bm) is very versatile, and front end, and they can provide almost every buff in the game

Even with 'mediocre' dps, they still hold their own, because fight mechanics don't hurt their dps as much as other classes.

If Hunters are buffed, why would you take a hunter instead of anything else?

And we don't know how they'll perform in DS, so stop bitching.
    In 25 man raids hunters aren't needed for their buffs they bring.

Hunters are not the only class that can perform certain jobs.

Hunters scale horribly, so without more band-aid fixes we will be underperforming in 4.3. We're already 10th in terms of specs(our only viable spec) and we will continue to fall as people get better gear in 4.3.

they can provide almost every buff in the game

Even with 'mediocre' dps
    Let the hybrids do buffs and mediocre dps, imo. Let the pures shine.

Yea, this bothers me to no end. They seriously are stringing us along until MOP.

Hunters scale horribly, so without more band-aid fixes we will be underperforming in 4.3. We're already 10th in terms of specs(our only viable spec) and we will continue to fall as people get better gear in 4.3.
    The best small-health ad killer in the game.
    The highest hitting non-melee instants in the game.
    The most viable kiters in the game.
    Oh, and Aspect of the Pack. (which isn't a job, but helps)

Also, MM scales very nicely with weapon damage, so they will more than likely be better than people are thinking. Kind of like how Fury Warriors will be, only to a smaller degree.
    Last edited by SvetlanaSvetlana; 2011-11-15 at 04:52 AM.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

they still hold their own, because fight mechanics don't hurt their dps as much as other classes.
    What mechanics would that be? So far, from what I gather there's ONE somewhat melee unfriendly fight in DS.
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

The best small-health ad killer in the game.
    The highest hitting non-melee instants in the game.
    The most viable kiters in the game.
    Oh, and Aspect of the Pack. (which isn't a job, but helps)

Also, MM scales very nicely with weapon damage, so they will more than likely be better than people are thinking. Kind of like how Fury Warriors will be, only to a smaller degree.
    You list very gimmicky thing that have little relevance to the majority of boss encounters. Yes, we can shoot hard hitting things while moving. That doesn't change the fact that other classes can run around while doing nothing, stop, and continue to laugh as they out-dps hunters. And if scaling wasn't an issue you wouldn't see hunters starting out well at the beginning of expansions, then falling to dirt as we near the end. Armor Pen masked our scaling issues and was the only reason MM was viable near the end of wrath.

Deleted

Meh, I'm quite satisfied with MM's overall dps. Not including the tarecgosa wielding casters, the only specs that apparently do better dps than marksmanship hunters (according to raidbot) are fury warriors and combat rogues, and even then only by a very small margin (~1-2%), plus we have arguably better utilities than them and is more versatile. Any buffs are welcome though.