Poll: Best Legend of Zelda Final Boss?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    For me its Ganon from OOT cause the music and the fight itself were very nice at that time. But having heard that the final 2 bosses in Skyward sword will be "The hardest in the Zelda series" has made me anxious

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm talking about art style, not story. I've played both WW and TP, I know what I'm talking about. So sue me, I hate the art style. I honestly liked OoT's art style the most. WW and TP just feel weird to me. In some ways they're too bright and cheery, but in other ways they seem devoid of color, if that makes one bit of sense. TP is guilty of that much more than WW.
    TP is modern OOT graphics, please tell me what was so bright and happy about that game? Because, IMO, it was darker than OOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The correct answer is: Stallord. All other answers are irrevocably wrong. I know Stallord isn't the final boss in TP, I don't care. He's the best boss in any Zelda game ever and any other choice is completely wrong.
    OOT Ganon is better.

For me that would be Majora.

10+ Year Old Account
    ganon from ocarina of time on the n64 looked so menacing. the lightning and him being in the shadows was just...omg ._.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    TP is modern OOT graphics, please tell me what was so bright and happy about that game? Because, IMO, it was darker than OOT.

OOT Ganon is better.
    It's not modern OoT graphics, it's modern WW graphics. Many of the enemies are clearly cell shaded. I never said TP was bright and happy, if you read my post I actually said it felt devoid of color. It's almost like there's a clash there with the graphic style. On the one hand, the environments look bland and dark, much more so than OoT. On the other hand, the enemies look a LOT like the enemies from WW. They mix cell shaded graphics with non cell shaded.

OoT was actually a very bright game, even in "dark" areas like the shadow temple, it was colorful. But it didn't achieve that color through cell shading. Actually go and compare the graphics side by side. Compare Link from OoT to Link from TP. In OoT his clothes are much brighter, even in dark areas. And the brightness of his clothes matches the brightness of the environment and all the enemies.

In TP, Link and the environments seem a little pale. Some of the enemies though, particularly twilight enemies, are extremely bright, and obviously cell shaded. They stick out like a sore thumb, and honestly it just looks out of place to me. TP isn't consistent with its graphic style.

All of WW is cell shaded, and honestly I don't know which one I dislike more. On the one hand TP looks very pale, (that's a better word for it, pale instead of dark) but some enemies are bright as hell. On the other hand, you have WW which is just bright as hell all the time everywhere. OoT seems like a nice middle ground of just being normal all the time.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, but I highly doubt you'll be able to sway me, as I've thought long and hard about this subject. I just don't like the art style of WW or TP, and I see the similarities between them.

It's not modern OoT graphics, it's modern WW graphics. Many of the enemies are clearly cell shaded. I never said TP was bright and happy, if you read my post I actually said it felt devoid of color. It's almost like there's a clash there with the graphic style. On the one hand, the environments look bland and dark, much more so than OoT. On the other hand, the enemies look a LOT like the enemies from WW. They mix cell shaded graphics with non cell shaded.

OoT was actually a very bright game, even in "dark" areas like the shadow temple, it was colorful. But it didn't achieve that color through cell shading. Actually go and compare the graphics side by side. Compare Link from OoT to Link from TP. In OoT his clothes are much brighter, even in dark areas. And the brightness of his clothes matches the brightness of the environment and all the enemies.

In TP, Link and the environments seem a little pale. Some of the enemies though, particularly twilight enemies, are extremely bright, and obviously cell shaded. They stick out like a sore thumb, and honestly it just looks out of place to me. TP isn't consistent with its graphic style.

All of WW is cell shaded, and honestly I don't know which one I dislike more. On the one hand TP looks very pale, (that's a better word for it, pale instead of dark) but some enemies are bright as hell. On the other hand, you have WW which is just bright as hell all the time everywhere. OoT seems like a nice middle ground of just being normal all the time.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, but I highly doubt you'll be able to sway me, as I've thought long and hard about this subject. I just don't like the art style of WW or TP, and I see the similarities between them.
    Right, but you're confusing me now, since you agreed that Zelda hasn't been dark. And now you're saying TP is dark. Which is it? Did you misunderstand the conversation? Because I don't know where you're trying to go with this.

Going with Dark Link / Thunderbird because Zelda II is my favorite installment of the series. I have played through that game countless times, even managed to do so twice without a single death. I have thought about taking on a rom-hack next, but WoW takes too much time.

Right, but you're confusing me now, since you agreed that Zelda hasn't been dark. And now you're saying TP is dark. Which is it? Did you misunderstand the conversation? Because I don't know where you're trying to go with this.
    Read what I wrote please. It's not dark, it's pale, big difference. OoT is dark in style, but colorful in graphics. TP isn't dark in style, but it's pale in graphics. If you really want to understand what I'm saying, load up OoT, and go mess around in the shadow temple for 15 minutes. Then load up any part of TP, and mess around with that for 15 minutes.

If you can't see the extreme difference between the two graphic styles from doing that, I won't be able to explain it to you.

Read what I wrote please. It's not dark, it's pale, big difference. OoT is dark in style, but colorful in graphics. TP isn't dark in style, but it's pale in graphics. If you really want to understand what I'm saying, load up OoT, and go mess around in the shadow temple for 15 minutes. Then load up any part of TP, and mess around with that for 15 minutes.

If you can't see the extreme difference between the two graphic styles from doing that, I won't be able to explain it to you.
    You do realize there's more to a dark game than art style? You can't judge a game if it's dark or not only on art style. We're not getting anywhere with this.

And I saw no Wind Waker enemies in TP.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally wind walker's ganon

For final bosses Majora is definitely my favorite.
    For mini bosses/temple bosses though it's a toss up between Garo Master, Deathsword, and Stallord.

OoT Ganon is very epic but I love fighting Majora, it's just a fun fight with different methods of going about it.

Deleted
    Ganondorf in Wind waker i was like 7 or 8 years old when i killed that bitch i tried it for weeks my skills werent that good ofcourse but it was so much fun trying and trying :P

Ganon from OoT. That boss fight is just so perfect. The music is great, and I love how Zelda screams whenever you take a hit, it just adds so much to the fight imo.
    This, also the feeling you get when he transforms into a giant beast... Was the most epic boss battle ever.

I kind of think the twilight princess ganondorf was also awsome, and then i mean all the fases, ending with the horse fight and the fight after.

You do realize there's more to a dark game than art style? You can't judge a game if it's dark or not only on art style. We're not getting anywhere with this.

And I saw no Wind Waker enemies in TP.
    http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Bokoblin And yes, I know there's more to a dark game than art style. OoT was also atmospherically dark though.

Playing through TP, I never had a single moment where I was even remotely freaked out or put on edge. Some parts of OoT are just plain freaky, like makes your spine crawl kind of freaky. I have never met anyone that wasn't put at least a little on edge when going into the royal family's tomb for the first time. Their reaction is generally like, oh man, I do not feel safe here. Sure, OoT isn't truly scary, not even close to the level of real horror game like Amnesia, but it kind of had its moments. ReDeads in that game still freak me out a bit, and I'm 20 years old. Makes incinerating them with Din's fire that much more satisfying.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-11-09 at 06:52 PM.

Playing tennis with Ganondorf in OoT was a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Ganon in link to the past. Best Zelda title period imo.
    I could not possibly agree more, none of the other games come close

I loved the Ganon fight. My ring tone is the teleporting sound from that last fight
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Bokoblin And yes, I know there's more to a dark game than art style. OoT was also atmospherically dark though.

Playing through TP, I never had a single moment where I was even remotely freaked out or put on edge. Some parts of OoT are just plain freaky, like makes your spine crawl kind of freaky. I have never met anyone that wasn't put at least a little on edge when going into the royal family's tomb for the first time. Their reaction is generally like, oh man, I do not feel safe here. Sure, OoT isn't truly scary, not even close to the level of real horror game like Amnesia, but it kind of had its moments. ReDeads in that game still freak me out a bit, and I'm 20 years old. Makes incinerating them with Din's fire that much more satisfying.
    When you're talking art style, the ones from WW look nothing like the ones from Twilight Princess. Zelda games always have the same enemies, so if that's the point you're trying to make I could say Keese were in Wind Waker AND Ocarina of time -- SO CLEARLY this means Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker have the same kiddy elements. See? Your point in this makes no sense.

You probably played OOT when you were younger, and TP when you were older, that's why OOT feels darker.

Favorite of all Boss fights was Ganon in Windwaker in human. Him dual wielding those blades and him constantly blocking everything I threw at him just made it feel epic.

When you're talking art style, the ones from WW look nothing like the ones from Twilight Princess. Zelda games always have the same enemies, so if that's the point you're trying to make I could say Keese were in Wind Waker AND Ocarina of time -- SO CLEARLY this means Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker have the same kiddy elements. See? Your point in this makes no sense.

You probably played OOT when you were younger, and TP when you were older, that's why OOT feels darker.
    Meh, I recognized them instantly the first time I played TP, so I think they actually look pretty similar. Either way, some of the enemies in TP are flat out cell shaded, and there's no denying that fact. Cell shading started with WW, and it was continued in TP. Thankfully I haven't seen any of it in Skyward Sword yet.

And you are right that I did play OoT when I was younger. However, I've also beaten it 5 times this year. Still freaks me out a bit each time. I'll admit, I'm a bit of a wuss. You'd have to put a gun to my head to make me play Amnesia or any game like it. That being said, TP never even managed to make me sweat.

Oh, and I'm obviously not saying that sharing a single element makes them exactly the same. Please don't use logical fallacies when talking to me.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-11-09 at 07:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that OoT freaks you out a bit due to nostalgia. Especially if you've played it five times this year.
    OoT is and was a great game, and defenatly had some grim parts, but over all the feeling in TP was far grimmer.

As for a boss, have to say Majora or Ganondorf from WW, bitches were hard!