Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Alliance
    Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory since 2004.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In all bgs the best idea is to push as much as you can get killing as many on the way. If they are too busy resing they arent gonna cap too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    I always go for BS, im surprised the alliance is nearly ever interested in capping this base
    It's very simple really. Horde have a straight shot to the BS flag from their starting point where as Alliance has to run down and around to get to the BS flag. By the time we get there Horde is already capping it with blockers slowing incoming Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    In all bgs the best idea is to push as much as you can get killing as many on the way. If they are too busy resing they arent gonna cap too much.
    Genius! Why didn't anyone else think of this?

"Just run to the other end and kill them all" - it's so amazingly simple!

Deleted
    Interesting that they want the farm so much. On the horde side its more like "Screw farm and stables!! Focus on goldmine, lumber mill and black smith!!!"

GET TO TEH FARM!!1!!ELEVEN!"242!!!!! *foams at mouth*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    You have the stables, Gold Mine and Lumber Mill. What do you do?

a) Defend what you have
    b) Go and get The Farm

What is the obsession with The Farm? I just started PVP last month and that's all the alliance wants to do.
    Depends. Play defensive until we have a decent lead (200pts or more), and then begin pressuring Blacksmith and Farm. Pressure Blacksmith from Stables using Waterwalking, and have people from Mine attack Farm with Waterwalking. Lumber Mill should stay put and use their vantage point to spot enemy positions and report them. They can quickly reinforce Stables and notify Mines if they see people heading that way. Blacksmith is, IMO, not an ideal point to hold for Alliance - Mines is better.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imral View Post
    It's very simple really. Horde have a straight shot to the BS flag from their starting point where as Alliance has to run down and around to get to the BS flag. By the time we get there Horde is already capping it with blockers slowing incoming Alliance.
    This. Even if you have Crusader Aura/class mounted speed buffs and Water Walking and the Horde team doesn't have any faster moving characters they'll still reach the flag before you can completely cap it so basically you'd have to bring quite a few people to basically try and intercept the Horde and if they actually have any movement speed increases well you're smegged.

As it is normally I'd try to sit and hold the 3 but there is a point where it does get a bit boring and you'd rather try and not necessarily cap the base but run nuisance tactics so I'll tend to jump into a base when its low on defenders because at the very worst its gonna force their ressers to have to help defend before they can go back on the attack. That and I've been having quite a lot of ABs recently where we do just roll through LM->Farm->BS while the Horde are trying to grab mine.

Dude don't get me started on how many healers I see going unkilled on alliance side and how many of my sheeps get broken by a melee doing 3k DPS.

I always get BG angry when horde sucks. I'm horde but god. They need to make an MMR system for BGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Dude don't get me started on how many healers I see going unkilled on alliance side and how many of my sheeps get broken by a melee doing 3k DPS.

I always get BG angry when horde sucks. I'm horde but god. They need to make an MMR system for BGs.
    It's called RBGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrikspya View Post
    It's called RBGs.
    Yeah but still could use an mmr system for normal bgs that varies on how well you perform so you don't end being grouped up with 9, 14 or 39 mouth breathers.

Deleted
    i don't see the point why you want Farm so much or stables when you're horde... If horde / alliance has BS, it'll be a lot harder to keep those bases since no one really defends... They can run everywhere! i prefer getting ST / Farm (depends faction) LM GM and BS, then just make create a line of people pushing towards ST / Farm, again depends faction

Deleted
    I think the reason most of the Alliance go for stables as the bots they use in bg's to control there accounts are programmed to run straight to the farm so they stay in combat and don't get the deserter debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Blacksmith is by far the best place to control. GM the worse. BS + Farm/Stables + LM is the best thing to have. No one knows what's going on with GM and no one at GM knows what's going on anywhere else. LM gives a good advantage by seeing the whole map. BS can send and get forces very easily. And well, stables/farm because GM is not that good.
    Also, Farm is the best place for warriors. Killing the chickens or Rats keeps your rage up.

At the same time, to add more insult to GM, GM only has 2 ways out. That way, you can block whoever's in if GMs being a pain to cap.

Why's this directed towards the Alliance alone? As a PvPer Horde-side, I see people go for a fourth point all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Yeah but still could use an mmr system for normal bgs that varies on how well you perform so you don't end being grouped up with 9, 14 or 39 mouth breathers.
    The problem with that is the current system does not work that way. It doesn't look for healers, and dps, and cc. It just throws a bunch of people in and lets them duke it out with each other.

Plus, if people go up to the top, it'll be just like how battlegrounds were like when the player pool was limited to the server and not a battlegroup: Taking forevor and with luck not in your favor half the time.

Keeping it outside of a matchmade system, while still having a rated system that tracks players, is the better choice of the two.

Deleted
    defend always defend when you have 3, or just uninstall

well thats why I don't really pvp anymore, nobody shares that opinion

Because they can.

After easily taking farm, they will easily take BS and then farm the Horde before they leave the GY.

That would summarise about 90% of my AB matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    That's the worst 3 nodes to defend in AB. Hit Mine or LM, watch Alliance overcommit because it's a pug, then hit the other one.

Blacksmith imo.
    agree to this. you should take your healbot and start fighting at BS for when the rezzes come from the lost base, and now you're hopefully controlling a stronger 3 and should defend the rest of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    go for BS its usually the least defended point which is strange since its the best point on the map. i always defend BS and usually i'm the only person there and only ever get one or 2 attacks on it. i do love defending that point though since it gives the best honor in the bg since you get the defender buff and kills from every other node go to you.
    ofc its least defended... alliance doesnt even go for it at the beggining solely because of the fact that horde will get there faster and sometimes even cap it before first alliance players is able to reach the flag.