View Poll Results: Is MW3 Worth my 59.99S ?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Yes

18 33.33%
  • No

36 66.67%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is MW3 Worth my 59.99S ?

A simple question, deserving of a simple answer.

However if you feel the need to elaborate on your choice then please feel free to do so!

This will turn Into a flame fest...........

IMO, It's not. It's basically a $60 map pack with little to no changes.

Deleted
    I say no, purely based on the SP, but i played BO and MW1, so im assuming the mp is basicly the same as those 2

Anyway, in my xp. It looks exactly the same as BO, nothing new. graphics are just outdated. Ofcourse gameplay beats graphics, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. But imo, for a shooter graphics do matter, to a certain extend. And def for a game like cod. I mean i wanna see a new engine after 5 years.

Ofcourse there are some tweaks/new maps/new weapons for the the MP. But still, i wouldt pay 50-60 bucks for it.

Again only based on the SP, which is fun but nothing special anymore. (just played it to finish the "story" )

Does seem fun from YT commentaries at least, but it seems more like a DLC instead of a new game..

Absolutely not, it's an almost complete carbon copy of MW2.

Wait until you can get it used or on sale if you're really that interested.
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

It seems to me like it's really just MW2 with new maps/skins. I would say no; better spend that cash elsewhere. Like Skyrim, if that interests you?
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

I did buy it to try in the end and ye listen to the people when they say its a copy of the other ones.
    Only good thing is the single player for the story other than that nothing is new, only the maps ofc but there that small anyway why the hell they needed to include sniper rifles is beyond me :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This will turn Into a flame fest...........

IMO, It's not. It's basically a $60 map pack with little to no changes.
    Its like saying BF3 is just a map pack for BF2. Just because the game doesnt have a new engine, doesn't mean its "just a map pack". Valve have been using the same source engine for a lot longer then Activision have been using the COD engine for.

Everything that was wanted from mw2, mw3 got it. Better perk system, better customization, dedicated servers. So if you liked and played mw2, id say go for it, saying that if you did you would have most likely already purchased it anyway.

Black ops was a utter waste of time and im actually crying with laughter that people compare black ops to the modern warfare series.

Long story short, if you got 60USD to spend on a game and theres no other games you've been waiting for, go for it.

Deleted
    hell yeeeeeees

I've seen some multiplayer, campaign and Spec Ops gameplay from a more personal perspective, and well, it's certainly worth mine from what I've seen thus far. Brand new killstreak system, interesting new game modes, more methods of progression, nerfed explosives, solid if well-trodden campaign, interesting co-op play, and retaining what was great about both MW2 and BO. It seems to be the best the CoD series has been, a refined and solid experience.

Now, CoD 8 or whatever the next one is by now? Well, they're gonna need some more innovation.

Deleted
    Save your 60 dollars and spend it elsewhere imo

I bought it for my brother on the release day. Just to make him happy, as his been talking about MW3 for ages!
    I'm no fan of Cod, or BFBC, so i wouldn't be a fan boy to both.
    I did play the new special ops with my brother, the survive the waves of mobs. I enjoyed that a lot, and found the game to be a copy of Killing floor, but without the zombies, and just with other NPCs with guns, heavy armor and so on.

I watched him play a bit of online too. There was some new features to the game i noticed, but nothing ground breaking. The Hud or UI, had some new things placed on it. The kill count rewards had a small tracker on the right hand side. Which is a nice feature, but nothing amazing.

The maps, i only saw about 3 different maps before i left the room and got on with something else. But they looked quite decent, big and full of small objects to line of sight. Most were based around the world being hit by bombs, etc. So pretty much chaos.

Anyways, yeah the game didn't seem liked it had changed much from MW2, but then again you can't really change one of the best selling games too much, or people wont buy it.
    The leveling system is different so my brother told me. Instead of be "get 500 kills with this gun for this scope, or this upgrade," every gun now has it's own XP, and the more you use it, the better the gun upgrades become. Example: Lvl 8 will give you the grenade luncher attatchement.

If it was down to me, i would of spent that £40 on Skyrim or Mario 3D lands (comes out 18th here), as i said above i'm no Cod or BFBC fan.

Yes.

still dont see this thread turning out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I've seen some multiplayer, campaign and Spec Ops gameplay from a more personal perspective, and well, it's certainly worth mine from what I've seen thus far. Brand new killstreak system, interesting new game modes, more methods of progression, nerfed explosives, solid if well-trodden campaign, interesting co-op play, and retaining what was great about both MW2 and BO. It seems to be the best the CoD series has been, a refined and solid experience.

Now, CoD 8 or whatever the next one is by now? Well, they're gonna need some more innovation.
    And by more innovation do you mean renamed killstreaks, with differently named guns, and more maps? Doesn't seem worth while to me. I bought MW3 purely out of hope they could have improved from MW2 but it seems activison has sold their soul for profits and don't care about the content they put out. I understand its a MLG series played game and brings in viewers to the game and make people want to buy it even more, but there has to be a line where you say "Ok, this is the same thing we've been creating for the past X years. Lets try to change how the game is played."
    FYI- Solely my opinion and how i feel about it, i honestly feel like i could have put 60 bucks to WAY better use. Again, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    And by more innovation do you mean renamed killstreaks, with differently named guns, and more maps? Doesn't seem worth while to me. I bought MW3 purely out of hope they could have improved from MW2 but it seems activison has sold their soul for profits and don't care about the content they put out. I understand its a MLG series played game and brings in viewers to the game and make people want to buy it even more, but there has to be a line where you say "Ok, this is the same thing we've been creating for the past X years. Lets try to change how the game is played."
    I specifically meant by that last line that MW3 had little innovation. MW3 is pure refinement. I'll never understand people who say that is a bad thing.

No because as some other have said, it's a $60 addon pack. The game looks and feels the same as CoD4 and MW2 with a few new perks and guns and maps. The only way they actually deserved peoples money is if they made a new engine for the game and came up with new ideas instead of what they did.

If you loved MW2 and the other games in the series, and are looking for more of the same, get it. It doesn't change much, but as others have stated simply refines what it has been doing. It's very close to being the same game, and a ton of people want that. It knows what it wants to do, and it does it very well.

If you were looking for innovation and a dramatic departure from the MW style of gaming, I'd look elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Refer to the MW thread and make up your own damn mind. You're not going to get any constructive help in here. Your only going to get the people that love CoD telling you yes and those that despise CoD telling you no. Go to the rental shop and rent it for a weekend if you can't make up your mind from looking at the videos like most others can.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I specifically meant by that last line that MW3 had little innovation. MW3 is pure refinement. I'll never understand people who say that is a bad thing.
    I dont think its about being bad, i thinks its more of people were expecting something new and fresh. So, in turn a lot of people got let down that it was the same thing they have been throwing at people for years. Some people like it others dont, its as simple as some people like the color blue some people like the color red. People have different tastes and i guess the majority love the same color over and over and rather not try out a new color. If that last part made any sense, it did in my head roflmao. >.<

The multiplayer is garbage, the new maps are fucking terrible.

Basically everybody has Lightweight and Stopping Power built in, and the knifing system is absolutely horrific.

I really hope it's not intended to be this broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.