10+ Year Old Account

reading the Q&A one sentance made me actually consider renewing my sub for MoP..

can you guess which one it was?... I'll give you a hint.

Q: Is Word of Glory still going to be on a 20s CD for protection paladins? With the new active mitigation paradigm, it would seem "paladin-ish" to heal myself every time I can (or to choose a heal OR a holy shield).
    A: Word of Glory does not need a cooldown in 5.0. Prot can choose whether to use it for healing, Holy Shield for absorption, or Shield of the Righteous for block.

is it just me... or does that sound awesome . for a start, FRAK yeah, no CD on WoG, but then throw in that we actually have MEANINGFUL choices of what to spend out HP on(although I dont see the point of us having both a heal and a bubble... considering neither have a CD you know we'll just always use the one which gives us the most ttl) makes me a happy pally, also it sounds like the current HS has been rolled into ShoR baseline, VERY cool.

so any other Tankadins pleased by the small snippets of info we got?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I have always been a Ret / Prot however...

+1 for Judgement Change.
    6s CD
    30yd Range
    Generates 1 Holy Power

Count me in.

Basicly they de-nerf something that shouldnt have been nerfed. And when i look at all the (massive) passive healing other classes get without sacrificing any damage at all. Im not exactly amazed by this change, it was a logical and needed change to just compete with other classes and their selfhealing. And we are still sacrificing our damage while other classes mostly get it passively.

And since ours can also be cast on other players you know it cant be to powerful either. So im looking for a passive means of selfhealing for Ret atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really getting into Ret Terra as I never have and never will play it. But talking purely as a Tank, I've raided for....6 months with a warrior, and he's never done more than 25/30% of my selfhealing during a boss fight, had a druid before that and it he never managed more than about 50%. The only tank that beats prot Paladin's for healing in my experience in a DK, and that's because they were designed to be self healing tanks.

Also with Judge giving Hp base.. can anyone see the single target rotation becoming CS>Judge>CS>*holy power ability*>Repeat. That should do wonders to combat all the people saying Paladins are faceroll to tank with

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Well. I like that their design philosophy for all classes is "all classes should feel overpowered".

I think this is a good philosophy, within limits. Having arbitrary cooldowns (WOG being the most obvious example) really took the fun out of the class. I know people might yell at me, but a slight trek back to WOTLK's accessibility is a good thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since art of war procs are going to be generating holy power I'm still hoping they change the trigger mechanism for it.

Having it only be triggered by melee attacks makes the ability very bad in pvp & movement based fights.

Instead they should really have it be triggered by censure ticks or special attacks done by the paladin.

This would not only help balance movement based fights but help in pvp where melee up time is very low allowing the paladin to focus more on offense instead of being stuck in the clunky hard to balance off healer role.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I know people might yell at me, but a slight trek back to WOTLK's accessibility is a good thing imo.
    It's all good, noone whose opinion matters will yell at you. After all, if you're against accessibility, you are, by definition, an elitist douche fag, and most people hate you anyways. They can easily do "Accessible" and "Doesn't practically play itself" after all. I still maintain that a tweaked wrath build would be completely ideal, along with AoW being used for Exo *OR* FoL. Let you really train DPS or Survivability. God, I'd kill for Instant FoL's and 6 second HoTs again. Was 20x better than WoG

Having it only be triggered by melee attacks makes the ability very bad in pvp & movement based fights.
    I'll disagree. If we can't keep up some time on target, we should lose something. I'd settle for instant (fairly cheap) Exo's that hit like wet noodles so we can still exert SOME pressure (After all, no gap closer means we can't be UTTERLY ineffective at range), but AoW has never felt real "needed". AoW is everything that a proc *SHOULD* be in my opinion. It procs, and I think "Awesome! It proc'd!" I don't feel like deleting my Paladin when AoW doesn't proc. It feels like a bonus when it procs.

And lets be honest, AoW does kinda hit like a truck. If I can proc it at range, it's kinda a tad overpowered for a MELEE class. I'd rather see our uptime addressed, which the massively increased HP generation means it *SHOULD* be addressed. After all, if we have 5% uptime in PvP, and we *DON'T* hit like fuckin Thor in a drunken rampage, we're completely useless at any level of play where people actually keybind their abilities.

And seriously, when are they going to give Paladins a caster DPS role? I'd totally dual spec Ret/Shockadin. 5.0 would be a perfect time to fix this glaring flaw, give Shaman a seperate tanking tree, and remove Pures from the game by giving them all a heal or tank spec ontop of their normal spec. Lol, I'm so full of wishes tonight. Doesn't change the fact that pures suffer from crippling overspecialization...

They're probably going to strip the overheal bubble from WoG, if they're going with an absorb/heal/block model. The question is how long the duration on the absorb and block will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    I'll disagree. If we can't keep up some time on target, we should lose something. I'd settle for instant (fairly cheap) Exo's that hit like wet noodles so we can still exert SOME pressure (After all, no gap closer means we can't be UTTERLY ineffective at range), but AoW has never felt real "needed". AoW is everything that a proc *SHOULD* be in my opinion. It procs, and I think "Awesome! It proc'd!" I don't feel like deleting my Paladin when AoW doesn't proc. It feels like a bonus when it procs.

And lets be honest, AoW does kinda hit like a truck. If I can proc it at range, it's kinda a tad overpowered for a MELEE class. I'd rather see our uptime addressed, which the massively increased HP generation means it *SHOULD* be addressed. After all, if we have 5% uptime in PvP, and we *DON'T* hit like fuckin Thor in a drunken rampage, we're completely useless at any level of play where people actually keybind their abilities.
    #1 is one of the major problems regarding ret pvp. They refuse to let the spec have good melee up time via not letting it have an instant gap closer & snare. This in turn means we must have overwhelming burst which causes even more problems.

It is true however that AOW does hit kind of hard to be able to proc very often. I suppose they could instead make the Art of War talent always reduce the cast time of exorcism to instant but only have exorcism cost no mana & dodouble damage if it procs, That along with exorcism always providing a charge of HP when cast would let the paladin provide some pressure at range in a balanced way. The mana cost would prohibit us from spamming it & without the proc the damage would not be overwhelming but it would still be enough to make us not useless when being kited.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Honestly, these projected pally changes combined with "active mitigation" tanking just might renew my faith for mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalantia View Post
    They're probably going to strip the overheal bubble from WoG, if they're going with an absorb/heal/block model. The question is how long the duration on the absorb and block will be.
    yeah, we don't really need the overheal sheild on WoG anymore, if we have HS as a castable bubble on demand, the MoP calc over at Wowhead is listing Holy Shield as having a 10second duration, which is pretty decent if you ask me. as for the Block on ShoR...I'm not too sure... they'll either make it a weak effect with a medium to long duration, so we can keep it up 100% (think Holy Shield at the start of Cata) or it'll be a powerful effect, with a much shorter duration (think Holy Shield now).

my guess is it'll either be 'increases block chance by 10% for 10 second' or 'increases block value by 20% for 3 seconds' with it being tied to ShoR, the effect will be up about every 8 to 9 seconds, so with a lower effect and 10sec duration it'll be up 100% of the time or they can go for a stronger effect on a 3sec CD, so with a rough 9sec CD on ShoR it'll be up about 30% of the time, which is about what it's up for now