holy radiance and movement

Hey everyone,

i read through the holy radiance thread in this forum but did not find any concerns about the loss of "movability". Tuesday I had the luck of defeating ragnaros for the first time, so I'm far from being a pro raider and maybe we are doing it wrong movement-wise: but especially in this fight movement and healing at the same time in larger groups is a key factor for me. I can't just run to one spot popping the occasional HS and hope that the group will survive until I reach the spot+2seconds casttime.

I don't know ... from the first look I feel like I will miss a) the movement boost from activating HR on the run and even more b) the ability to reach a point in space and still being able to keep a group alive that ist taking steady damage.

Sure, the numbers of the new HR and the ability to cast it several times in a row make it superior when being able to stand roughly on one spot and "suck the damage" but isn't this a bit naive when one thinks of fights like ragnaros?

Thanks for your answers

Fiercon
    Last edited by Fiercon; 2011-11-10 at 03:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did get a few attempts on Rag the other day, my first few, and I will admit HR is nice to use during the seed movement. Don't forget you also have Divine Protection which gives the same speed increase, but at the waste of a nice bit of survivability. If you have a druid they can shift to bear/cat and use Stampeding Roar to give the entire group a speed boost, or if worse comes to worse you could always go engineering for nitro boosts.

Maybe I should clarify a little more:

Do you think the new holy radiance "mechanic" is something that we will want to get used to? (as in: "Yeah I like the new HR, I just need to pop DivProt to reach spot X in time to make up for the loss of on-the-run-healing)

I say no. The loss in movementspeed while being able to AOE-heal on the run cannot be offset by no cooldown and choosable placement.

EDIT: @évian: true. The speed can be offset to reach the spot. The loss in on-the-run-healing remains and forces me to pack out a punch when I finally reach the spot.

Precast :P
    Time it so it lands just before you need to move. The HoT will keep ticking (just not as long). And nothing stops you to hit Divine Protection for sparklesprint right after.