Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    Ah, the memories, never played RC3 though. Installed RCT2 again not too long ago, didn't play it that much because I quickly realized why I like the first game in the series better.
    Huh? How? RCT2 is almost identical...

Infact, it plays better because the AI is slightly better. I'm pretty sure they don't bug out as much if you have path wider than one space. Also, masses more rides, track that can be curved to help layout (45 degrees) and so on. Apart from that, the graphics are the same, you can even import rides you made in RCT, the interface is almost the same, just a little less cluttered.
    You can reduce puke levels through First Aid places, all kinds of things. It's just a more complete and satisfying game than the first.

I really, really can't see why you'd love RCT but not RCT2.
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2011-11-10 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Downloaded 3 I think the other week, very addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Same here. I also would put 'No Entry' signs at the exit so that you couldn't leave once you entered. Place got so populated, I needed two dozen of the janitor guys just to clean up all the puke and full trash cans.
    Doesn't your park rating go to the pits though D:. You have all those people who want to leave, but can't.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    RCT was always really fun! But as some other poster said, I often got distracted from my tasks as a manager, building the most inappropriate and unpopular coasters
    Have you guys tried Zoo Tycoon? It's basically the same game, without the huge rides, but it's kind of fun to toy around with animals! oh, and Theme Hospital of course!

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Just as a break from all the Skyrim/MW3/BF3 jazz, anybody still play these?

Just started a park on RC2 using the landscape from the Gravity Gardens scenario, pulling in about $8500 a month ^_^. RC2 always been my favorite of the series. RC3 was great, but I just never was comfortable with building rides on it or parks in general as much as I was with RC2, plus I usually get way to caught up with actually riding my rides and forget to build ;_;.

Anyway, RC2 has always been a great time waster for me, so who else enjoys this rather old series now
    RC2 was my childhood gaming. I usually played sports like "Bandy" and soccer, but as soon as I got to the computer I played RC2 and I was maaaad at building the rollercosters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matriox View Post
    I hop back on RC1 every once in awhile, usually like once every 4-5 months.. Still love that game. I havnt given 2 or 3 much of a try (played 2 once? never 3) mostly because I still love RC1 so much...

Always fun to make the steel rollercoaster go 95 MPH on startup O.o

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_3D
    Also, super excited about this Ive been looking for a roller coaster tycoon lookalike for my iphone or psp forever now, now i have a reason to get a 3ds next year
    Oh you are missing out. RC2 was by far the best in the series, RC3 imo was terrible. But seriously play RC2. Now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Oh you are missing out. RC2 was by far the best in the series, RC3 imo was terrible. But seriously play RC2. Now.
    O.o im at work! im sure they wont mind though bahaha.. Ill prolly nab it off GoG later tonight

Sig credit goes to JustintimeSS

Quote Originally Posted by Freco View Post
    RCT was always really fun! But as some other poster said, I often got distracted from my tasks as a manager, building the most inappropriate and unpopular coasters
    Have you guys tried Zoo Tycoon? It's basically the same game, without the huge rides, but it's kind of fun to toy around with animals! oh, and Theme Hospital of course!
    Zoo Tycoon.. What's more fun than getting a full park, then putting a fence up at the front gate, and letting loose my Pride of lions consisting of 15? Letting my special edition Raptors free, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Doesn't your park rating go to the pits though D:. You have all those people who want to leave, but can't.
    I was a sadistic child.

Deleted
    Normal kids burn ants for fun. Geek kids torture people in virtual themed parks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    Zoo Tycoon.. What's more fun than getting a full park, then putting a fence up at the front gate, and letting loose my Pride of lions consisting of 15? Letting my special edition Raptors free, of course.
    That was my job in Zoo Tycoon summed up nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    One of my favorite parts of RCT is actually building the coasters... so Zoo Tycoon disappointed me when I tried it

Sig credit goes to JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, childhood memories. LOVED those back in the day, I'm 20 btw. Played them on the shittiest computer, 400mhz intel celeron, but i didn't care I loved the games. I highly suggest people go play the OLD rollercoaster tycoon games, 1 and 2. Anything after that, they changed so much and it wasn't too good.
    Last edited by haxs101; 2011-11-10 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    RC2 is definitely with out a doubt one of my favorite video games of all time right up there along side WoW and EarthBound. Was very disappointed with 3 but I would like to go back sometime and try getting into it again. One series I never got into or tried much was the Zoo Tycoon series. I would love to try that again especially with the dinosaur expansion for it.

Deleted
    Played them all, loved them all.. loved R2 alot as a kid (along with transport tycoon and dungeon keeper.. OH and theme hospital). Even bought RC3 on steam the other month as it kept crashing with vista and a disc.
    Really wish they'd make a decent 4th but sadly they are going for a 3DS one .

I'm pretty sure I played one of these games all the time, unless there was another themepark simulator I'm not aware of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm pretty sure I played one of these games all the time, unless there was another themepark simulator I'm not aware of.
    There were some other popular theme park sims at the time, most popular besides RCT was Sim Theme Park which was the spiritual successor to Bullfrog's Theme Park which came out before RCT.

I still have my roller coaster tycoon 1 disc, sometimes ill put it in and have some fun. Its still pretty addicting, i never did beat all of the courses though, didnt have time to complete it. Seems like ive started from scratch 10 times.

The one reason i didnt like 2 was because it wouldnt let you charge money for entrance fee AND the rides, it had to be one or the other which is lame imo.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2011-11-11 at 03:49 AM.

Uuuugh RCT <3

I would spend hours making massive coasters, then meticulously tweaking the curves to dip the g-forces just barely enough to get it under 10.0 extreme rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    I still have my roller coaster tycoon 1 disc, sometimes ill put it in and have some fun. Its still pretty addicting, i never did beat all of the courses though, didnt have time to complete it. Seems like ive started from scratch 10 times.

The one reason i didnt like 2 was because it wouldnt let you charge money for entrance fee AND the rides, it had to be one or the other which is lame imo.
    I believe there are mods nowadays to get around that. I personally just never had an issue with it. When my average roller coasters are costing $8 a ticket, the money comes in quite fast ^_^.