Pixio New PX277 Flickering Problem

Just picked up a new 1440p 144hz Freesync monitor. The problem is, when I switch it to 144hz I get horrible horizontal lines, flickering, and black screens for a couple seconds. It works just fine at 60hz, but anything above it goes crazy. I have tried turning off freesync on both the monitor and in Catalyst. I am pretty sure I have tried everything.

All drivers are up to date.
    I've reseated cables and all that jazz.
    Could the included DP cable not support 144hz?

I don't have any friends nearby with computers that can display 144hz to test. (Recently Moved)

Rig:
    FX-8150
    16gb gskill ram
    R9 290 Vapor-x
    750w OCZ PSU
    (My AM4 build parts are currently arriving, just waiting on Vega 56 to either restock or 3rd party coolers to arrive)

Any Ideas before I contact them for an RMA?

The included DP cable should absolutely support 144Hz. I'd say you could try testing it by buying a new DP cable and seeing if you get the same issue. If you get the same issue, send the monitor back, if you don't, knock off a star/point on their review on whatever site you bought it through and let people know that the cable was a dud. Manufacturers have been known to include poor quality cables, though usually they were VGA or DVI. I had a DVI cable that came with my old Acer S211HL and it was bad. Ended up using the VGA cable for a while.
    [email protected] | Noctua NH-D15 | eVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 [email protected] core - 12GHz VRAM | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 775GB SSD | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Fractal Design Define R4
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 | Schiit WYRD | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5x2 | KRK 10S Subwoofer | Shure BETA 58A Microphone

I feel like if it was a bad cable i would be having problems at 60hz. I guess I can run to the store and hopefully that works. Its a lovely monitor. I could tolerate it if i didnt know I paid for the extra Hz and Freesync.

You'd be surprised. Sometimes things won't work at higher-levels but will work fine for lower levels. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here.
    [email protected] | Noctua NH-D15 | eVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 [email protected] core - 12GHz VRAM | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 775GB SSD | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Fractal Design Define R4
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 | Schiit WYRD | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5x2 | KRK 10S Subwoofer | Shure BETA 58A Microphone

Came back to confirm that my problems were caused by a crappy cable and that a new certified cable fixed it. Now to regret purchasing a freeSync monitor as I will probably never get a Vega card for msrp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganador View Post
    Came back to confirm that my problems were caused by a crappy cable and that a new certified cable fixed it. Now to regret purchasing a freeSync monitor as I will probably never get a Vega card for msrp.
    Are you out of the return window? You could claim doa thanks to the cable and force them to take it back...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganador View Post
    Hi there,

I recently purchased this monitor and am having the same issues principally with the black screen flickering. Even after I bought a new VESA certified DP cable and i still have it. I don't know if it has to do with Freesync compatibility with the game or what.. Any other ideas on troubleshooting before I follow suit with RMA?

Thanks

I have the same issue going on. What cable did u get?

I got the Accell DisplayPort 1.2 Cable with Locking Latches on Amazon ( Can't post link yet). Does the flickering happen for all games for you or just certain ones?