Thread: Ragnaros 10 HC

Ragnaros 10 HC

Hello , I'm posting here to adress a question how to improve performance of our elemental shaman on P3 of Ragnaros 10 hc . Here's our today's log 1) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=1672&e=2177 full fight 2) BL in P3 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=2036&e=2087 3) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=2041&e=2126 P3 till the moment before I told raid to wipe. Please , keep in mind I'm aware that this transion to p3 wasn't good , and this was not a good try. However due to our priest disconnect logs of the two attempts with good transition (lava scion dead before Ragnaros emerges) were screwed.
    I think overall performance of our shaman is good , but maybe there's some room to improve. He's using Sorrowsong trinket for p3. Here's his armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...a%d0%b0/simple .
    1) Should he reforge into mastery rather than haste , so he's not under 1 sec casts during BL ? BL is only 1\2 of P3 but maybe it will be helpful , please enlighten me on this matter.
    2) Please provide some elem shaman tips for P3 etc , and look at this log and say if he's doing everything the right way.

Thanks , any feedback is appreciated.

At a glance your shaman seems fine. I would fix the random deaths and have a fairly clean p4 push (even if u can't make the 2 meteor dps check) and then analyze the dps.

Deleted
    As you say he should reforge some of the haste to mastery so he has 1sec cast during BL; Haste above that cap is a waste of good mastery. But first of all he should get Darkmoon Card: Volcano It's WAY better than Sorrowsong gives more mastery and an int and dmg proc! If I recall correctly it's BiS mastery trink for Ele shamans atm.
    Other than that He should be fine!

Theres nothing wrong with having that much haste, Sorrowsong imo isnt useful anymore and I think Moshne at Totemspot did a comparison between it and other trinkets and showed that it doesnt really beat the benefits of DMC:V over the whole duration of the fight so like the post above me said I would get a DMC:V asap. What he probably wants though since he seem to be more than fine on hit is to gem for pure Int gems in all his sockets. Also he should definently Glyph Flame Shock over Glyph of LB or LvB depending on which is the lowst dps gain, I'd also Glyph Stone Claw and Elemental mastery in the Major glyphs to help with survivability and alter the spec a bit.

For example I'd take that one point out of Earthquake and put it in Elemental warding and move the 2 points in Reverb into Ancestral Resolve in the Resto tree since ele pretty much is always casting.

Hope this helps

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with having that much haste, Sorrowsong imo isnt useful anymore and I think Moshne at Totemspot did a comparison between it and other trinkets and showed that it doesnt really beat the benefits of DMC:V over the whole duration of the fight so like the post above me said I would get a DMC:V asap. What he probably wants though since he seem to be more than fine on hit is to gem for pure Int gems in all his sockets. Also he should definently Glyph Flame Shock over Glyph of LB or LvB depending on which is the lowst dps gain, I'd also Glyph Stone Claw and Elemental mastery in the Major glyphs to help with survivability and alter the spec a bit.

For example I'd take that one point out of Earthquake and put it in Elemental warding and move the 2 points in Reverb into Ancestral Resolve in the Resto tree since ele pretty much is always casting.

Hope this helps
    Im usually enh but ele for rag i don't think that much survivability talents is needed a stoneclaw glyph is more than enough (Im not dying at all till wipe) however Im doing 25 man not 10.
    you might be right on earthquake for 10 man since there area significantly less seeds in 10s, not great in 25 man either but better than nothing
    Last edited by Corixa; 2011-11-17 at 03:13 AM.

EQ is pretty much worthless for the adds. Position yourself to TS them as they come towards the group and you'll get the most out of your AE damage. Precasting a CL doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for feedback , but I have to remind you that thread is about P3 dps , not about Earthquake usability.1) So you are 100% sure he should once again use DMC Volcano instead of the Sorrowsong ? Keep in mind that I'm talking not about whole fight but about P3 , I get that DMC:V is better for overall dmg output .
    2) He should reforge haste into mastery so he has 1 sec LB under BL ? What's haste rating for this?
    3) Devious009 wrote that he has to change his glyphs , is this really a good idea? Which one should be replaced with Flameshock glyph?

I REALLY don't understand why you are asking questions about what the Shaman needs to do, when you have a hunter in the party that is doing the lowest dmg (dps). He should be topping the charts (easily).

The Shaman is doing fine.

I've asked about hunter already , and besides why shouldn't I? If there's some way he can increase his performance , why not? I'm doing fine (mage) but I've asked on mage forum about myself .
    If you post offtopic about our hunter , at least please explain what should our hunter do differently .
    Last edited by Sanya V; 2011-11-17 at 06:34 AM.