Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like the comic-book style graphics I would definitely give this a try; haven't played FPS since Quake3A

Signed up for beta access and fingers crossed... thanks for the heads up.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt call a shooter an mmo nothing open worldy about it it may have alot of people online at once but that doesnt make it an mmo like im sure cod or w/e has alot of people on at once but noones calling it an mmo and i imagine the "team" aspect to be utter fail with only friends that know eachother out of game will be able to work together unlike pugs which like most games will just endup failing with half the team being useless anddoing their own thing while the other ninjaing all the loot or w/e you get from finishing it

I'm personally looking forward to PlanetSide 2, which will also be f2p. Firefall looks fun and I'll try it out, but I just had way too much fun in the days before WoW on PlanetSide.

Deleted
    i want this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    that seems a highly negative assessment i thought it looked quite good

it is a second generation f2p game built specifically. that fact alone maybe gives it a better chance at getting things right than the majority of what we have now which are mostly failed games adapted for f2p and desperate for cash to stay afloat.

as for the "team" problem can be solved through guilds or clans just like raiding can...sometimes
    Learn to read about the game first. -.-

Also learn to live with Cash Shops, the Pay To Play model is fading fast and there are tons of game out now where the Cash Shop do not sell on a buy on a power scheme. The last time I checked inventory expansions, crafting supplies, health potions and things to give you more EXP didn't make you a power god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    hmmm im sure the "team" aspect will go to hell with all the people that dont know what to do or just refuse to listen
    think of it as raiding with a bunch of just dinged 85's
    If it involves leveling there's also a good chance players will actually learn something, unlike wow today!!

Not a traditional MMO perhaps, but it does have events outside of the typical closed FPS arenas.
    Random attacks in which any players regardless of level can try to help defend against.
    Plus the ability to level up individual battle-frames, while having the same character. A progression of sorts.
    I believe there is content both for individuals and teams.

MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online, and has absoutely no requirement for dungeons/raids or open world so really how do we define it, and therefore exclude games from it.

Reminds me of unreal tournament.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Everyone here is comparing this game to every game except the one that is most resembles, GLOBAL AGENDA. (good, but not great game form the creators of tribes).

Firefall looks like the bigger and better version of global agenda, I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung91 View Post
    Everyone here is comparing this game to every game except the one that is most resembles, GLOBAL AGENDA. (good, but not great game form the creators of tribes).

Firefall looks like the bigger and better version of global agenda, I am excited.
    That's precisely what I was thinking. Global Agenda was fun, but this definitely looks to be much bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    An fps MMO from ex-Blizz devs. This couldn't possibly go wrong... #Hellgate: London
    Because this needs to be said again
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm im sure the "team" aspect will go to hell with all the people that dont know what to do or just refuse to listen
    think of it as raiding with a bunch of just dinged 85's

oh and seeing as its f2p im sure itll have a cashshop which unbalances it even if they say it wont
    The team stuff will probably just be like TF2, if they do it right. The cashshop should also be like TF2, just an option to by the new gear and weapons (or hats with no real bonus) before we're able to craft them. Also looks a little like Borderlands in MMO format, which is great, I love Borderlands, but has alot it can improve, it was lonely and stuff.

Deleted
    I'm gona buy the crap out of that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandolfo View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks the logo is a total ripoff of SC2?
    Most games that try something different tends to be a rip-off of something. Starcraft 2 is far off. More like an actual Borderlands MMO. Try it, I know I will. It's a good break from the typical wizard and warrior MMORPGs that get released every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    I'm gona buy the crap out of that
    It's f2p. So you can buy it for...nothing!

I'm looking forward to this a bunch as well. Looks fun as heck.

Deleted
    i suppose noone has an extra share of beta keys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    That's precisely what I was thinking. Global Agenda was fun, but this definitely looks to be much bigger and better.
    Same even though GA was lacking content, BIG TIME.
    -K

i wouldnt call a shooter an mmo nothing open worldy about it it may have alot of people online at once but that doesnt make it an mmo like im sure cod or w/e has alot of people on at once but noones calling it an mmo and i imagine the "team" aspect to be utter fail with only friends that know eachother out of game will be able to work together unlike pugs which like most games will just endup failing with half the team being useless anddoing their own thing while the other ninjaing all the loot or w/e you get from finishing it
    Punctuation mate! Please use it

But yea, this WILL be an MMO. It's not server-based like other shooters like CoD, UT or BF. It will be an expanding open world where you can meet everyone you want really :P Don't know if they will work with a realm system like WoW is, or if it will be just 1 big massive world like EVE, but it definitely is an MMO game.
    Also there's quite a few games out there where team play is encouraged in such a way that even random people being teamed up will go and do it. FPS games are actually the type of games where it has been shown that it can be done, you just need to build your game around this :P

But yea, I saw some stuff of this at gamescom last summer, was excited back then but kinda forgot about it. After the recent news I'm really getting stoked for this :P Just hoping it wont turn out to be another Hellgate: London, like many others have mentioned before in this thread.

More info on the expanding open world:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    woah 3 whole devs from WOW? QUALITY!

Hehe. I worked on WOW, buy my game too!
    By this logic, Diablo 3 will be awesome, because there's a developer from very original Fallout and Troika (L. Boyarsky).
    Not, really, but it ain't completely stupid to highlight this fact, as even one man can do a lot with art. And games are made of art.