Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudruker View Post
    So me and another guildy are getting fairly close to gold cap me at 953k and him at 800k and we started to wonder why is there not a achievement for hitting such a high amount of gold? Me and him have worked our butts off farming playing the AH for the past 2 years getting gold is just one more little part about this game we enjoy.

so im here to ask a couple things and i need your help and opinions on this subject so keep a open mind.

do you think there should be a achievement for hitting 999k gold on one toon? <why or whynot>
    and what do you think about the title's being "sugar daddy" "sugar mama" <why or whynot / better title?>

thanks for your opinion and feed back in advance
    Should be "Auctioneer" or "Banker", but previous ppl are correct having it would make you a target for account compromises.

Deleted
    I've suggested this before.

There should be a title called "Millionaire", but you buy it for 999,999g 99s 99c. Thus eliminating the "Look at me, I'm loaded". It'll be more "Look at me, I was loaded until I bought this dam title"

Deleted
    naaaaa this promotes hoarding gold... ATM ppl only do it for epeen stuff... lets keep it that way. Good thing we have a gold cap

ppl hoarding gold shut and kill the economy... all selling nobody buying...

2 years of farming to get gold cap huh? There are a lot of people sitting at cap, and at this point in the game it does not take you very long to get from 1 gold to the cap. Me and my brother have accounts we do not even have active sitting on gold cap since we quit. If you were smart in the early days of cata you could get the cap in a couple days. No one really cares about max gold because it means nothing. Now if you could do that is real life...

I actually hate the cap because they limit how much gold you can move with you which is a painful process when I feel like transferring servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Two words: Auction House.

It's like the stock market, buy low sell high. Never leave the city.
    Also, at the start of an expansion if you level up an alt/farmer fast enough you can easily make a good 200-300k gold off mining/herbalism at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Also, at the start of an expansion if you level up an alt/farmer fast enough you can easily make a good 200-300k gold off mining/herbalism at the start.
    >_< I don't have the patience to farm, but I'm one of the people who paid that. I was paying up to 600g per stack of cloth to get Realm First Tailor.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    naaaaa this promotes hoarding gold... ATM ppl only do it for epeen stuff... lets keep it that way. Good thing we have a gold cap

ppl hoarding gold shut and kill the economy... all selling nobody buying...
    Gold cap is easily overcome by using alts and/or private guild banks aswell. A buddy of mine has ~12 million gold last I heard - between his item stock and liquid.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    are you going to spend ur money when u reach the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    I was paying up to 600g per stack of cloth to get Realm First Tailor.
    I was spending between 1000-2000g/stack for elementium on day 1 for realm first JC................and I didn't get it

no matter, i recup'd my losses and still sitting around 3mil on my main server in liquid gold, plus tons of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by myacc View Post
    are you going to spend ur money when u reach the cap?
    I've never hit the actual cap, I always spend it before. It's a vicious cycle for me. Everytime I hit ~850k I find more shit to buy, drop myself to anywhere between 550-650k, and have to actually make gold again back to 850 until I find something to buy.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want any stupid title just because I got some gold caps

Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    I was spending between 1000-2000g/stack for elementium on day 1 for realm first JC................and I didn't get it

no matter, i recup'd my losses and still sitting around 3mil on my main server in liquid gold, plus tons of stock.
    I feel your pain, I fed out guild's specified Enchanter about 150k in mats while leveling up, and he wasn't focusing on leveling.

I hit Realm First 85 Mage first, then got Realm First Tailor, and he still hadn't finished Enchanting (no one had). I started Powerleveling enchanting at a premium (~480k total to go from 450-525) and he finally finished it when I hit 419. I was pissed - royally.