Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ragnaros 10 Heroic Solo Tanked!

This is a Russian guild, i saw the video on youtube and wanted to share it with you guys.
    These guys used a warrior to solo tank Ragnaros on Heroic 10 man.

Awesome, right? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...that is pretty crazy.
    How exactly did he live to that many stacks?

Rotation of cooldowns + Tol Barad trinket.

If I'm not mistaken 25man heroic has also been solo tanked.

Deleted
    So.. where did you see it? In the post 10 threads below? :P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...olotank-HC-rag

I'm in love with his UI anyone know what the name of it is. I couldn't find it on wowinterface

10+ Year Old Account
    I tabbed when I heard his vent ping

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really impressive!

That's really impressive. I guess it's doable with close coordination, but man, that's still impressive. We'll have to try that.

Damn, their DPS was also pretty damn exceptional. Rag was at 18% when the first meteor dropped. The minimum target is ~21-22% to push with one meteor.

They did get really lucky with Root RNG in p4, though. If one had spawned directly under him, it would have been even more impressive if they'd managed to taunt swap through that lol.

All in all, that was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    If I'm not mistaken 25man heroic has also been solo tanked.
    Tank damage between 10 and 25 is almost identical. The melees hit for the same amount, but special abilities tend to hit for a bit less in 10m.

can you guys see what addons he is using? it dosnt look like miks scrolling battle text and is that pitbull unit frames?

Addons list: Recount Tellmewhen - buff/proc tracker BigWigs oUF, oUF_Arp, oUF_mov - Unitframes kui, kui_nameplates TipTac BasicChatMods  xCT - combat text OmniCC tullaRange rActionBarStyler, rActionButonStyler VengeanceStatus nivBuffs sThrearMeter2 Lynstats - fps ping time !Beautycase - BigWigs skin aMinimap - modified minimap from ALZAUI ClockHider,BRaidFrameRemover,C*Error
    RAMPWOW

thats pretty impressive o.o

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    That's really impressive. I guess it's doable with close coordination, but man, that's still impressive. We'll have to try that.

Damn, their DPS was also pretty damn exceptional. Rag was at 18% when the first meteor dropped. The minimum target is ~21-22% to push with one meteor.

They did get really lucky with Root RNG in p4, though. If one had spawned directly under him, it would have been even more impressive if they'd managed to taunt swap through that lol.

All in all, that was cool.

Tank damage between 10 and 25 is almost identical. The melees hit for the same amount, but special abilities tend to hit for a bit less in 10m.
    well they did use 1 more dps and 1 less tank

OT: very impressive
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Damn they are lucky.... mace dropped for them :P
    (My main is a fury warr and just got a 1 normal mace after 8 weeks of FL)

Ohh and yeh, gj with solo tanking hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KoTTT View Post
    Rotation of cooldowns + Tol Barad trinket.
    Also, resistance elixir instead of flask.

Do you hear how calm they sound on their first kill. Fucking ice water in their veins. Gotta love the ruskis!

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    In 10 man the boss is swinging for ~33-34k on a block tank, the equivalent in 25 is ~44-49k. The damage differences in the fight are gigantic between the two modes.

Awesomeness in general. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superalpaca View Post
    In 10 man the boss is swinging for ~33-34k on a block tank, the equivalent in 25 is ~44-49k. The damage differences in the fight are gigantic between the two modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    ... that's actually the exact opposite.
    Yep. You both appear to be correct. I'm seeing blocked melees hitting for around 37k in 10m, and around 42k in 25m. I have no idea where you got those numbers, Superalpaca.

Deleted
    It's 10 man, therefore the word impressive cannot be attributed to this video.

Trolling aside, it's an interesting technique to say the least.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-11-15 at 11:43 PM.