Deleted

Change NAT type to Open

Hello guys!
    I wonder how you change your NAT type from Strict to Open. Because I won't be able to play with my friends on Modern Warfare 3 when its's on stict.I'll tried to look it up on google but nothing seems to work. I'm using a Linksys router, so if you know how to solve this problem please reply!

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    NAT is how you direct traffic to a computer behind a firewall/gateway, it's either on or off, not strict or open, you may be thinking of firewall rules

portforward.com always works for me
    Main- Mage
    Alt- DK
    Alt's alt- Pally

You will have to open specific ports to the game/games or console i.e xbox 360. Now for myself on the Xbox i just have it on a static ip that sits in the DMZ and never have to worry about ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    You will have to open specific ports to the game/games or console i.e xbox 360. Now for myself on the Xbox i just have it on a static ip that sits in the DMZ and never have to worry about ports.
    this is probably the best way to go about this, on your console, go to your network settings, and change it to static, use these settings for a linksys router:

IP: 192.168.1.55
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1

now go into your router, and turn on your DMZ, set it to 192.168.1.55

I'd recommend forwarding the ports versus putting the console in the DMZ. Putting the console in the DMZ completely removes the protection that the router gives to your devices. Forwarding the ports should be enough to change the NAT.

Quote Originally Posted by xVizual View Post
    portforward.com always works for me
    Same here, always gets my games through my D-35 modem/router/whatever(nobody heard of it, and nobody EXEPT portforward got a single guide for it) from ice.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    I'd recommend forwarding the ports versus putting the console in the DMZ. Putting the console in the DMZ completely removes the protection that the router gives to your devices. Forwarding the ports should be enough to change the NAT.
    A console doesn't need protection, nor would anyone try to use it to access your home network, there is little point wasting time to hack a home network anyway, as very few have anything of value

Let us be realistic your xbox and or ps3 house nothing of value that could not be found somewhere else. Credit card info? Didn't sony get shut down and thousands upon thousands of credit card numbers taken? The fact is the dmz is the least of your internet worries on a console.