Thread: Leaping Flames

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leaping Flames

Sometimes it feels like I'm being chased by leaping flames on h stagehelm. I watch his energy, but it seems like I don't have enough time to move out of the way. We've had no problems with the encounter, and have been clearing it for a while now, but it I'm having trouble maintaining my concentration because many times I'm in the path of leaping flames. How can I better foresee where the cat is going? And move away in time?

10+ Year Old Account
    be at MAX range and you should have ample time to move. Start running before he jumps.

Strafe at like 95 energy, save a few instants for this time, such as reapplying dots or arcane barrage or whatever, I don't know your class.

max range and start moving before he reaches full energy

i have a 230ms ping and no runspeed enchants/talents and it works

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    be at MAX range and you should have ample time to move. Start running before he jumps.
    How do I know which direction I should be running?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I think it's good that people with lesser mental capabilities get to raid nowadays as well, I truly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahyun View Post
    I think it's good that people with lesser mental capabilities get to raid nowadays as well, I truly do.
    This. This. And this again.

This is an amazing quote. Not sure if serious?

Not sure if troll or just speshul?

I believe the correct direction is "the hell away". Hope this helps.

I believe the correct direction is "the hell away"
    But the op wants to know which direction this is! How does he know which direction 'the hell away' is?

Deleted
    He jumps at the point you were standing, not at a random point in the room. now go and answer your own question^^

No wonder Blizzard said that they made contents harder, people could dodge 3x malleable goos in LK and now they found themselves having difficulties dodging this, and malleable goo used to be fatal at 0% buff.

Maybe DBM should just add the count down for h domo to warn people to start moving when the boss hits 95 energy, just like they did for seeds lol. Too bad Blizzard destroyed the mod that highlights the areas where malleable goos land, else the OP wouldnt have made this thread.
    Last edited by glycerethe; 2011-11-13 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamivan View Post
    I believe the correct direction is "the hell away". Hope this helps.
    I'm not talking about when he targets me. I guess I worded it wrong. I'm getting caught on the edge of flames when space is becoming an issue on 25's.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2011-11-13 at 07:24 PM.

Yeah, as others have said, it helps to stay at or very close to max range, and be moving already when he is jumping or you won't have time to move out unless you have blink/portal/disengage, etc. It's kind of annoying I suppose but it's the only way to guarantee not to lose it. In 25 man you'll probably need to run backward instead of to the left or right as there are a lot of people but I've never really done it on 25 man mode.

Deleted
    Art thou serious? Run away from the possible impact zone without entering another. This means don't run to other people.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about when he targets me. I guess I worded it wrong. I'm getting caught on the edge of flames when space is becoming an issue on 25's.
    Why did you make this thread? If the boss dies, then no biggie, no point for this useless thread.

Urm, the same still applies even when space gets cramped. in order to reduce the likeliness of getting jumped on tho, make sure you stay away from as many people as possible. I noticed that on any ' spread ' boss people tend to position like this when room becomes small:

A -- B -- C -- D

Instead of

AB ------ CD

The latter positioning makes no difference for A and D, and will reduce the chance of getting hit by <insert AoE here> for B and C by 33%. In words: It's better to hug 1 person than to be a bit away ( but still in range) of 2-3 people.

That said... on Staghelm in specific, there's no harm in using the inner circle if space gets cramped. Just make sure you keep away from the melee as much as you can and DEFINITLY let any jumps on you still be out of melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand his dilemma tbh. And here is my explanation: He experiences his own paradox in which his logic of "the fastest way out" is in every direction so he has no choice but to stand still for a second before randomly selecting one and hence gets struck by at least a tic of leaping flames.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

How can I better foresee where the cat is going? And move away in time?
    You can start by pressing "W". If that isn't sufficient, you can press whatever key you have bound for strafe (any direction that isn't TOWARDS fire works).