Deleted

Need new keyboard

Ola

My old keyboard is gone so now i need new one. I saw some gamer keyboards from Logitech and Razer but they are more
    expensive then "usual" ones. So now i need help, advice from you. Which keyboard should i buy...gamer or not?
    Money limit is around 50€/70$.

Thanks!

gamers keyboards are just fancier than normal ones,they have retro illuminated buttons etc.. you can raid at high levels with a 5$ keyboard without any problem.

Really expensive keyboards offer some significant differences, but cannot really say it will have any impact on your game performance.

Mechanical keys are on of the features offered. You can do a search on what they are useful for, but basically - each key has its own mechanism, and they are easier to press with less force. Another feature I saw is the ability to register multiple keys at once. Configurable keys are also offered in some gaming keyboards. Illumniation is the fancy part.

Microsoft Sidewinder X4.

It's pretty good, even though it's so inexpensive.

You should be able to get a Logitech G110 keyboard for around $70USD. It is one of the 'fancier' keyboards but it actually does help with gaming. They most useful thing about the Logitech keyboards are their 'G-keys' which you can quickly map anything to using their software. I have the two Logitech keyboards (the G19 at home, G15 for work) and I can tell you, the g-keys are extremely helpful. I use them all the time, even at work when using photoshop/dreamweaver/visual studio. I believe the only difference in the G110 keyboard is the number of g-keys (3 sets of 6 rows of 2, 36 g-keys).

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    You should be able to get a Logitech G110 keyboard for around $70USD.
    In the Americas, perhaps.
    Over here (in Sweden, at least) it costs equiv US$98.

The G110 is nice though, and what I'm using to type this message. I'd much rather have it over any Razer-keyboard as far as typing and gaming goes (except for the Black Widows for typing perhaps​, none for gaming though).

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Past $80, I see little reason to go for a crappy rubber dome keyboard. Might as well jump to mechanical.

I whole heartedly blame everyone on this forum for spoiling me with mechanical key switches.
    red panda red panda red panda!

whatever you do don't get any razer keyboards.

keys worn out really really fast, quality is overall inferior and you pay for the brand instead of quality.

Been using the SteelSeries 6Gv2 for about 6 months now; gotta say I don't regret spending 70€ on it. Sure, it doesn't look fancy, but it's definitely the best keyboard I've used in its price range.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Seems like Amazon actually does have it for *just* under 50 Euro. Not too familiar with UK money but, here's a link, Latt:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-920.../dp/B002ZLQ82G

Just make sure to buy it from Amazon (which is listed on the right hand side, since Amazon isn't the cheapest.

Deleted
    deleted double post *
    Last edited by mmoc03a882bd2d; 2011-11-13 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    Ty all for replies.

I think i am gona spare some more money and buy g110. As i see what u all wrote and what other people wrote in reviews of g110, that keyboard is definitely a "best buy".

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    Seems like Amazon actually does have it for *just* under 50 Euro. Not too familiar with UK money but, here's a link, Latt:...
    Just make sure to buy it from Amazon (which is listed on the right hand side, since Amazon isn't the cheapest.
    Problem is that i live Croatia and Amazon ships here only books and cds

The G110 is by no means bad. I'm very happy with mine. It's comfortable, but the buttons are 'thinner' (since they fit more on the left side of the keyboard-proper) and needs some time getting used to.

I have one from PC world that was only like £15-£30, pretty cheap but it's been fine for a good while now.