Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes. Totally worth it. Especially if you enjoy Star Wars, MMOs, (Bioware) RPGs, and cinematic storytelling.
    That's it. Of course, if you hate all of them, then SWTOR won't be any pleasure.

    Three Days ago, i didn't want to buy it. Two Days Beta later, i count the minutes to the release date. Really great RPG. It's basically like an MMO based on KOTOR.

  2. #42
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    982
    Is it worth it? ... let me just say this, my wife HATES star wars and after a half an hour this weekend I will be purchasing a copy for both of us

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    strange it is so expensive in US. In UK our currency is not much stronger than the dollar at the moment, and I paid £22 for the box and £9 a month after that.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Ol...1226335&sr=8-1

    It's 38 and not 22. According to change, it's about 38 * 1.6 = 60,8, so about the same.

    55€ in Germany = 55*1.37 $ = 75 $. We are really paying way too much, at least i ended up with 40 €.
    Last edited by Klatar; 2011-11-13 at 11:24 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    wierd it was 21.99 when I bought it.

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    wierd it was 21.99 when I bought it.
    Maybe it was like a preliminary fee and the shop will require you to pay the rest upon release?
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  6. #46
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Personally, i see no reason to play the game. I feel like Bioware is going hard for the RP aspect, which is very unpopular in MMOs. After a while, you will grow tired of dialogue everywhere, and will feel like its just an RPG, not an MMO. But then again, i wasn't able to get my beta working, so im not 100% sure.
    Gotta disagree there. I wish the NDA was down so I could tell you why.

  7. #47
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Really great RPG. It's basically like an MMO based on KOTOR.

    Worth every penny........god help me I wish this was not so,my free time is going to take a big hit from this game. This is the new "crack" game...like when I started playing WoW for the first few years.

    Pre-orders for Swtor have easily doubled (over 4 million) due to word of mouth about how fun it is,and due to Blizzard dropping the ball with Mist of Pandamon.

    This a adult mmorpg..and the adults are the ones with the money,something old Blizzard forgot. In the past few months I have spent over $500 on various games,with few living up to the price....but Swtor is worth every penny and some more. Bioware is simple amazing when it comes to quests,and immersing you in a world.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    Worth every penny........god help me I wish this was not so,my free time is going to take a big hit from this game. This is the new "crack" game...like when I started playing WoW for the first few years.

    Pre-orders for Swtor have easily doubled (over 4 million) due to word of mouth about how fun it is,and due to Blizzard dropping the ball with Mist of Pandamon.

    This a adult mmorpg..and the adults are the ones with the money,something old Blizzard forgot. In the past few months I have spent over $500 on various games,with few living up to the price....but Swtor is worth every penny and some more. Bioware is simple amazing when it comes to quests,and immersing you in a world.
    On this note, I may go back to my old EverCrack level of addiction with this game. God I had so many alts on that game.

  9. #49
    You shouldn't play the same game for years. That's called addiction.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You shouldn't play the same game for years. That's called addiction.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-noooooooooooooo. You really need to look up the definition of 'addiction', the time span has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

  11. #51
    After this weekend I will be buying it so I would say worth it.

  12. #52
    I was planning to buy it to see how it was and if i liked it. I was fortunate to get into the beta this weekend and experience the game before hand. I will definately buy it now. It had a few minor issues for me that i expect will be fixed by next month.

  13. #53
    If you signed up to beta test the game you should have gotten in this weekend. They invited everyone this weekend for anyone who signed up for the beta. If you didn't sign up you might still be able to get in next weekend by participating in a promotion from various gaming sites.

    All the information about this can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

    Stay feared my friends.

  14. #54
    I played beta this weekend and it's not worth $15 a month.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You shouldn't play the same game for years. That's called addiction.
    There's people who have played games like chess their entire lives; are you going to call them addicts?

  16. #56
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    I played beta this weekend and it's not worth $15 a month.
    Care to expand on that?

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Creptius View Post
    If you signed up to beta test the game you should have gotten in this weekend. They invited everyone this weekend for anyone who signed up for the beta. If you didn't sign up you might still be able to get in next weekend by participating in a promotion from various gaming sites.

    All the information about this can be found here.
    No. This weekend was a test with many invited, but the next beta weekend they do will be the one with everyone in it. And the next one has no date set yet.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ational-thread
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-14 at 03:32 AM.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  18. #58
    Look at it this way, you get to play the game for 30 days free of charge when you buy it. 30 days is a long time, there are plenty of 60$ games out there that won't last that long. So if worst comes to worst and you don't feel like SWTOR is worth the 15$ a month after the initial month, just don't pay the sub fee.

    This is what I did with AoC, I played it for the free month and when my time was up I decided that it wasn't worth it for me and stopped playing it. Do I regret buying the game? Nope, I think the month that I played it was worth its retail price. (Bought it when it first came out)
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~Jesus of Nazareth

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Personally, i see no reason to play the game. I feel like Bioware is going hard for the RP aspect, which is very unpopular in MMOs. After a while, you will grow tired of dialogue everywhere, and will feel like its just an RPG, not an MMO. But then again, i wasn't able to get my beta working, so im not 100% sure.
    But yet SWTOR has all the MMO basis that WoW and other MMOs cover like raids, dungeons, and pvp. So here you're getting a leveling experience that feels like a real RPG and then you're getting group content that is similar to your typical MMOs. Also RP is unpopular in MMOs because most MMOs are horrible about delivering the RPG part of their game, I think people would enjoy the RPG aspect of a game if it was actually presented well. But hey this is just my opinion, some will like the approach Bioware is doing and others like yourself will not, there is no absolute with this so it's not fair to say that everyone will get tired of dialogue everywhere like you suggest.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You shouldn't play the same game for years. That's called addiction.
    Uhh, no it isn't? Addiction has nothing to do with the length of time you invest in something. I've been driving a car for 12 years, does that make me addicted to driving cars?

    Addiction has to do with your inability to control yourself to the point where your health/happiness/job/school/love/etc is adversely effected. A person can play the same game for a few hours a day for 80 years and not be addicted.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~Jesus of Nazareth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •