Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Is a god damn mmo, just like all the other ones. Gathering quest, killing quest, assembling quest. If you stoped playing WoW, another mmo wont cut it.
    That's a fundamentally stupid thing to say.

I liked WoW from TBC up until Cata. Then the game changed in ways I did not like, so I quit.

I did not suddenly say "Fock, I'm goddamn tired of these MMO games, I've had enough". No, I quit WoW, after having a blast playing it for more than 4,5 years. It's the decisions that the company made that made me abandon it.

So a newly launched MMO similar in basics to the pre-Cata WoW in a new lore package is something I'm looking forward to immensely.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Hell Yes!

no... it's worth the 79.99 digital deluxe version instead

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an amazing game. I was in the weekend beta and I couldn't put the thing down. I wish i could tell our more than my impressons, but alas...NDA strikes again.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    <Snip>
    Another WoW fan afraid that a new game is going to steal the thunder from the upcoming pokemon pandabear expansion. Don't be scared, it is good for all consumers when new competition enters the market, this is going to help your precious WoW.

OT: BW touts 200 hrs of gameplay per character, there are 8 unique class stories to go through. This adds up to a lot of content totally ignoring the end game content. A large number of folks will be buying the game to play it as a single player RPG, others will be enjoying the full MMO experience.

For entertainment value the 60 + $15 subscription fee is usually the best value in entertainment per hour you can find. This has always been the case with MMOs.

It is also good to see alot of positive feedback from the beta this weekend. The stress testing is going to be crucial to a good launch.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-14 at 05:23 PM.

I have a friend that got into the beta (i haven't get into myself) and based on what he told me, yes, i'm buying it.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-14 at 05:21 PM.

Purely amazing. Single-Player and MMO aspect; personal storyline and the features which we haven't had access too like player housing where you own your own starship and other players could board and hang out on it. Just some amazing stuff down the pipeline for this game.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-14 at 05:22 PM.

Definitely worth it imo. I too was skeptical, but got into beta recently, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it, which has me for sure buying it now.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Eh, it's simple justification for me:

-I don't go out and blow money on booze, drugs, etc.
    -I play a persistent, P2P MMO, instead of buying many new games every so often.
    -There's worse things I could do with my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    VERY sad my weekend is over. Can't wait for release!

Try the first month.
    If it doesn't work out, oh well.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2011-11-14 at 02:17 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anytime someone asks me why I would pay 15$ a month to play WoW I always say. Well what do I get for those 15$? - I get up to 12 hours of fun every day for a month.

Where else can you get that much entertainment for that price? - Not at the movies. You won't even get a full movie and popcorn+cola for that price here where I live. Heck the price for the movie alone is almost 15$.

So even though the price is 15+60 for the first time purchase it's still a good deal if you want to try every aspect of the game or even just some. The amount of gameplay you get for the price is still highly competitive with other means of entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Another WoW fan afraid that a new game is going to steal the thunder from the upcoming pokemon pandabear expansion. Don't be scared, it is good for all consumers when new competition enters the market, this is going to help your precious WoW.
    First, thanks you for quoting my post before it got delete, that way it will stick on the forum a little longer.
    Second, I don't worry, just getting tired of just a other wave of fanboy hitting this forum. Just go to mmodata, you will find a handful of other mmo who was suppose to be great, but end up fading in forgiveness, where they should had stay.
    Third. It's not about WoW vs New MMO, it's about a bunch of fanboy making free ads about there new game. Telling people how cool it is, without even being able to said why because of a NDA, how convenient. If I would have buy every MMO people said how great they will be, I would have waste a ton of money. But again, you will say this one is different, like those before you said.
    Fourth : Look like you have to jump in the bandwagon and tell the guy "Yes, go ahead, buy the game" because if you don't, you get your reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    ^^^

Only played on friday, bored after a couple hours, that's about it...
    So, you determined, from maybe 2 hours in a beta, that a game isn't worth it? Man, had I done the same, I wouldn't have been playing WoW for the past 6 years...

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 09:39 AM ----------

First, thanks you for quoting my post before it got delete, that way it will stick on the forum a little longer.
    Second, I don't worry, just getting tired of just a other wave of fanboy hitting this forum. Just go to mmodata, you will find a handful of other mmo who was suppose to be great, but end up fading in forgiveness, where they should had stay.
    Third. It's not about WoW vs New MMO, it's about a bunch of fanboy making free ads about there new game. Telling people how cool it is, without even being able to said why because of a NDA, how convenient. If I would have buy every MMO people said how great they will be, I would have waste a ton of money. But again, you will say this one is different, like those before you said.
    Fourth : Look like you have to jump in the bandwagon and tell the guy "Yes, go ahead, buy the game" because if you don't, you get your reply.
    Mod Note: The best part, is that this is in the SWTOR Forum. If you don't like it, then don't come to this part of the forums. It's not a "wave of fanboys" it's an entire forum for SWTOR discussion. Also, you can edit which posts you see on the front page. It's better to not come here and troll than to get infracted and subsequently banned because you like to troll. So, please don't do it. Now could we get this thread back on topic? Thank you. (BTW, this little note doesn't need to be replied to)
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-14 at 02:42 PM.

Mod Note: The best part, is that this is in the SWTOR Forum. If you don't like it, then don't come to this part of the forums. It's not a "wave of fanboys" it's an entire forum for SWTOR discussion. Also, you can edit which posts you see on the front page. It's better to not come here and troll than to get infracted and subsequently banned because you like to troll. So, please don't do it. Now could we get this thread back on topic? Thank you. (BTW, this little note doesn't need to be replied to)
    Going back to the old "You think like me or you are trolling". Someone asked if they should ask for a game for Christmas, I say "Wait to get some real feedback, not some stuff filtered by Bioware" and I get the Troll tag? Good to know.

Infracted. The warning was there for a purpose. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-14 at 02:51 PM.

Going back to the old "You think like me or you are trolling". Someone asked if they should ask for a game for Christmas, I say "Wait to get some real feedback, not some stuff filtered by Bioware" and I get the Troll tag? Good to know.
    You never said anything about "Wait for real feedback." You came in here and said everyone saying to buy it is obviously fanboys that will ditch the game after a month because it's going to be crap.

Yes, might have been a little to anger on that one. I also wonder if I should buy to game of not, making it the mean reason to open this post. I was hoping for real answer, some pro, some con, so stuff to get interested, but I only find empty post. Like a TV ad that show 5 peoples at the end telling how perfect the product is, always so obviously staged.

Yes, might have been a little to anger on that one. I also wonder if I should buy to game of not, making it the mean reason to look this post. I was hoping for real answer, some pro, some con, so stuff to get interested, but I only find empty post. Like a TV ad that show 5 peoples at the end telling how perfect the product is, always so obviously staged.
    I don't get anyone in here saying it's perfect. We're not allowed to give full impressions, the NDA is still in effect. So I gave my view based solely on what's publicly available. Con videos, developer dispatches, and the information on what you get with the purchase, all points to a solid buy for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, might have been a little to anger on that one. I also wonder if I should buy to game of not, making it the mean reason to open this post. I was hoping for real answer, some pro, some con, so stuff to get interested, but I only find empty post. Like a TV ad that show 5 peoples at the end telling how perfect the product is, always so obviously staged.
    There are cons. There is a huge glaring con, IMO. Unfortunately because of NDA I can't say it. It sucks, got it. But no game is perfect nor will it please everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    There are cons. There is a huge glaring con, IMO. Unfortunately because of NDA I can't say it. It sucks, got it. But no game is perfect nor will it please everyone.
    No Wookie romancing, amiright?