Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    When you are raid ready mana is not the issue. I have Druid ( moonkin/healer ) that used to lose mana in normal dungeon and now my mana pool is 85% at all time and there is also an innervate, have shaman healer who has some issue with mana but it has lvl351 gear, mage is without problems, same is with lock, I also have paladin but i play as retri/tank....

I know not all things work best for all classes but for most do and i remember issues back in Vanilla, but know implementing something that hasn't even been tested and without an explenation what will generate mana pool is kinda stupid...
    Considering that its not implemented until the expansion there is plenty of time to test and explain.

Also the part of the problem is that mana is not an issue. Intellect performs a dual role right now its both throughput and a mana increasing stat. If you are going to complain about the status quo being changed its a bit late.

Things like disc priest are a huge problem compared to say holy priests due to mana regen mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    At all it does at the end of the day is fix that age old scaling issue of sucking at the start of an expansion and being OP by the end. Having to Life Tap a few times a fight was never a hardship before, I can't see that changing in the future. The only DPS class I can see it actually effecting is Arcane Mages.

To be honest, Blizzard moving away from Mana with the inclusion of other alternate resources (Soul Shards, Holy Power, Shadow Orbs, etc.), or converting a class from Mana to Focus, is a sign that they have not been fully happy with the way mana works for a while. In DPS terms, the simple fact that at this point in the game, a 346 hunter, rogue, DK, Retadin, warrior or feral is able to continue to DPS forever vs a mage, boomkin, warlock and other mana users of the same iLvl is not only stupid, it's absurd.

Mana at this point is designed to be the enrage timer for healers in a raid scenario. DPS who use mana (maybe with a partial exclusion of Arcane Mages) should never, ever have to worry about mana. I'm hoping, with this change, they correctly balance mana and regen for DPSers, not only as a quality of life change, but so it actually makes sense in terms of DPS Casters not going OOM at any point where they should be DPSing.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I realize this is the Warlock thread, I will say that it effects every class which has a passive regen based on % of mana, such as Destro warlocks and Soul Leach, and Mana Feed, which means more Life Taps, which means less time spent casting for dps. This would be a GARGANTUAN loss for Arcane Mages, though, whos damage rapidly increases with higher mana pools. For Shadow Priests, Elemental Shamans, and Balance Druids, this change would be unnoticable since they become mana-self sustained at an early gear lvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

again all of that is assuming they leave spell costs unchanged, which is ridiculous.

Think of mists changing int back to the spellpower it was, with some free crit thrown in - rather than being int.

No dps used to stack int (outside maybe bad arcane mages?) - and it was fine - it will mean we get fixed at a certain point where mana matters 'this much' - rather than now, where mana matters more at the start of the expac, and is almost irrelevant by the end (when did you last lifetap? :P). If historic playstyle is any guide, the point we will get pinned at will include lifetap, I really can't believe we are intended to be quite so trivial on our management as we are atm.

The biggest impact will be on classes with burn periods long enough to outlast their mana pool (arcane / demo maybe) - less of an issue to those of us who don't have high-dps phases where we can't afford the gcd.

Obviously we will be balanced around it, so don't worry about overall dps balancing - although if you want to worry about 'lifetap ruining your playstyle' I guess you can.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-11-15 at 11:52 PM.

arent warlocks getting a new resourse anyways or is that inconjuction with mana

Yes, it's in conjunction with mana. Think of it like runic power for death knights, they get it from using their runes and then spend it on other abilities. We get our 2nd resource from our main spells, and then use it for its own separate function once we obtain it.

I could imagine that we will see something like Const giving both life and mana.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    again all of that is assuming they leave spell costs unchanged, which is ridiculous.
    They really may not change all that much. GC said they were look at mana being set at 100,000 for level 85. That's a big change from now but it's not so big that our spells will go from costing several thousand mana to several hundred.
    National Sarcasm Society - Like We Need Your Support

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    ofc they are gona change but will Devs think that warlocks should lifetap every 5 spells, like at begging of cataclysm?

I hope not, but they do might think so and that scares me, I hate to lifetap cause it creates downtime, the fact that mana gona be fixed means the frequency(not amount) we lifetap gona be fixed forever since there isnt scalling on max mana.

So all this new mana pool and spell costs and lifetap frequency has to be balanced properly so it isnt a total hindrance.

what no one has said is this change is only effecting healers no where did i see that it gonna effect dps casters. have even talked to other poeple about it and they saying samething

Quote Originally Posted by -Delko- View Post
    They really may not change all that much. GC said they were look at mana being set at 100,000 for level 85. That's a big change from now but it's not so big that our spells will go from costing several thousand mana to several hundred.
    Really thats a big change from current? It is not clear how buffs will be affected by this change as they could easily change, but in terms of unbuffed mana pool my lock who sadly only has 375 gear has less than 100,000 mana.That does not really appear to be a big change from now. That appears to be somewhat middle ground mana. Keep in mind life tap has not been needed for demo or destruction for quite some time thus a change like that would have just about no affect on them.

We also have no clue the state of mana return talents within each of the trees. I for one like having to life tap occasionally, sure not every 5 spells or anything like that, but unless I am aoeing as demo or playing affliction I never have to worry about mana at all. If you do not have to worry about/keep track of it why have it at all?

If everyone is locked at 100k mana, what about prot and ret pallies? at that point we have a near infinite resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    If everyone is locked at 100k mana, what about prot and ret pallies? at that point we have a near infinite resource.
    Considering what blizzard has done of late... I wonder if you will even use mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian9 View Post
    Really thats a big change from current? It is not clear how buffs will be affected by this change as they could easily change, but in terms of unbuffed mana pool my lock who sadly only has 375 gear has less than 100,000 mana.
    It is for some. It will be even more so after we get to the end of 4.3. It varies by class, of course, but my shaman is sitting over 112k with a 375 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by -Delko- View Post
    It is for some. It will be even more so after we get to the end of 4.3. It varies by class, of course, but my shaman is sitting over 112k with a 375 ilvl.
    Yet when was the last time your shaman had problems with mana? Aside from that it is likely that spirit will be tied into mana pool, and since both resto and elemental have use for spirit I guess then you have nothing to worry about yes?

I'm still curious why everyone's speculating so wildly when its so far into the future and announced as a change to healers and not dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian9 View Post
    since both resto and elemental have use for spirit I guess then you have nothing to worry about yes?
    Huh? When did I ever say I was worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I aggree, aff are expensive but with gear becomes okish, SOC on the other hand costs a ridiculous annount of mana for something that is supposed to be chain casted
    rofl SoC aint supposed to be chain casted xD trolololol

You are supposed to use it once with soulburn to get the corruption spread then cast rain of fire and AoE demon! (thats what blizz have stated) rofl rofl