Thread: Skyrim subforum

Skyrim subforum

I'm thinking if the hulabaloo doesn't die down in a few days the mods should seriously consider adding a Skyrim subforum. There's definitely plenty to discuss and a lot of interest from a very large population on this site so it kinda goes without saying.

P.S. I remember something about not posting about wanting new subforums so delete this if needed. Just wanted to give a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

In about a week it will die down, everybody is just exited about it because its new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    In about a week it will die down, everybody is just exited about it because its new.
    Yet we have a SW:TOR forum.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    It's possible, but as a TES player, i can say that this game is really different from the other chapter. More dynamic, simpler character management, involving story and nice events.

All topped by a huge replayability.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yet we have a SW:TOR forum.

Which had a megathread over 1000 pages long and was active for half a year+.

If there is enough sustained interest in it, it might get it's on forum. But it's much too early to tell yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is a superb game and im getting it myself today. However there's one reason it shouldnt be on this forum; it's not an mmo. It doesn't even have co-op (which is a shame since it has potential for it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    It is superb. It is magnificent!
    But as Wasselina said it is not an mmo. And it is not designed to be an mmo. I did the quest to be officially a companion. It was me and a bulky NPC fighting in a team. All the times i was hitting him by accident when area was very narrow.
    There is no targeting, the mouse is used to navigate your self in combination with the directional keys.
    What is the most annoying is to have to pause game to drink a potion or swap the weapon of choice to another one through the favorites submenu.
    There should be an action bar with Drag and Drop icons. Instead in the favorites menu as in every other menu, there is the name of the item or the ability.

The lack of targeting is not a problem in a single player game.
    The lack of action bars for the quick actions is. Nothing fancy. just 5-6 slots for weapon swap (ranged/ melee) a pair of potions a scroll of choice and a quick spell. Selected with numerical bar.

In the overall picture those small flaws, have minimum effect.
    The feeling of the world, the feeling of your character, the perfection of graphics, are breathtaking. I am at work and all i can think of is when it is going to be over to go home and pick it up where i left it!!! My wife will kill me and so will my supervisor lol!!!

I'm debating whether to play a melee oriented character or go for spells. From what I've seen and read it looks like spellcasters are far and away more powerful because they have a wide range of AoE abilities, but they also have to run around kiting enemies constantly and face insta-death anytime a monster gets within punching or fire-breathing distance. I want to be a big tank of a character, but I worry that I won't make it that far if I go for the clearly less loved combat style. Any suggestions on a race and general build?
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    I'm debating whether to play a melee oriented character or go for spells. From what I've seen and read it looks like spellcasters are far and away more powerful because they have a wide range of AoE abilities, but they also have to run around kiting enemies constantly and face insta-death anytime a monster gets within punching or fire-breathing distance. I want to be a big tank of a character, but I worry that I won't make it that far if I go for the clearly less loved combat style. Any suggestions on a race and general build?
    If you decide (like me) to go sword/shield tanky kind of character, remember to go and level up your blocking skill on any random mob you meet as soon as possible. Dungeon bosses and frost troll on 7000 steps mountain are just impossible for a low-damage melee character, i had like 70 block when I finally managed to kill the troll guy. He does not care if you have plate armor or not, he just 2-3-shots you every time.

2h generally feels better and more dynamic, I would definitely advice going 2h if you want melee.

Haven't tried dual wielding that much, feels really clunky and pointless (You only hit with 1 hand at a time unless you use a power attack, so you could as well just go shield+1h)

My copy of Skyrim got delivered today.... only to find out their "world wide release" meant literally "everyone except those suckers in Japan".

They're not making us wait a few days like BF3. No no. We have to wait FOUR WEEKS before Japanese IP's can register their games, even if you bought a copy from the US(just like the block done by EA).

I give up. I just really give up.

I don't think it will die down, forums like /v/ have regular massive oblivion and morrowind discussions about modding info etc. The interest is always there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Dungeon bosses and frost troll on 7000 steps mountain are just impossible for a low-damage melee character, i had like 70 block when I finally managed to kill the troll guy. He does not care if you have plate armor or not, he just 2-3-shots you every time.
    I made up a flawless tactic on that frost troll after dying 2 times to it i got the idea to just run pass it and it worked! i managed to loose it befor i came to the greybeards temple or whatever they call it
    Tought now as a archmage of collage of winterhold dual fire spells ftw

15+ Year Old Account
    Sub-forums are reserved for those games that get massive following on the forums, typically in one massive thread. The SWTOR thread was over 1500 pages, the GW2 over 500 iirc, etc. If the Skyrim thread gets that significant level of support, Bibi will consider opening a sub-forum for it or any other game with that level of popularity. Until, then I recommend sticking to the main thread rather than start request threads like this.