Problems with Garry's Mod, port forwarding, and more than 2 people connecting to LAN

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get my two roommates and I to connect to the same LAN Garry's Mod game. If any of the three of us host, if two of us are in the same game, it will display "Server is not responding" for the 3rd person. This is happening no matter who is the third person.

I've gone through and opened up all needed ports to play online multiplayer (though it shouldn't be necessary), yet we're still having the same issue.

My router is a Linksys WRT54GL and the ports I've opened are 4380 and 21000-27050.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

-=EDIT=-

I think me and my roommate have the same IP address for some reason.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like either DHCP isn't set up for your router, and you have multiple computers trying to use the same IP, or you have it set up and you're limiting how many IP addresses can be used.

It's almost always preferred at a home network to set up DHCP and let it automatically configure your IP.

Get to your internet settings, and check if its set to automatically configure or if there's a specific ip set to it. If it's automatic, get into your router by opening a browser and type 192.168.1.1, enter your credentials to get into the router and make sure DHCP is enabled and it doesn't have a low amount of users. If it has a large amount of users and it's still not working, it's possible your whole neighborhood is using your wireless.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-11-14 at 10:52 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Sounds like either DHCP isn't set up for your router, and you have multiple computers trying to use the same IP, or you have it set up and you're limiting how many IP addresses can be used.

It's almost always preferred at a home network to set up DHCP and let it automatically configure your IP.

Get to your internet settings, and check if its set to automatically configure or if there's a specific ip set to it. If it's automatic, get into your router by opening a browser and type 192.168.1.1, enter your credentials to get into the router and make sure DHCP is enabled and it doesn't have a low amount of users. If it has a large amount of users and it's still not working, it's possible your whole neighborhood is using your wireless.
    I'm not worried about others being on our Wifi. It's very protected.

In terms of the internet, It's currently set up with Automatic Configuration - DHCP and DHCP Server is Enabled.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here, though.