4.3 - Dragon Soul - Heroic Mode available day 1?

I read somewhere that Heroic Mode would be available for Dragon Soul raids day 1 in 4.3. Was I imagining this? If not does anybody have a source? Thanks!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2996319777

That may have answered my question. Looks like in a previous PTR patch, the LFR achievement for clearing Dragon Soul, "Fall of Deathwing" was what you needed to enable Heroic mode for Dragon Soul. Now you need "Destroyer's End" to enable Heroic mode, which is only obtained from normal mode Dragon Soul.
    Last edited by clavarnway; 2011-11-14 at 10:15 PM.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    I think they will hard disable it for week 1. Just not to risk what i think Stars did last content (factionchange and get Hc Firstkill).
    Its still possible 2 get an id reset like this.

Just wondering... but how would you kill the end boss in the first day, then go back and start heroic modes, all in the first day?
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Just wondering... but how would you kill the end boss in the first day, then go back and start heroic modes, all in the first day?
    Before it was changed on the PTR you would do LFR Dragon Soul, kill Deathwing, then do Heroic Dragon Soul (can flip to Heroic since you killed Deathwing).
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

I'm guessing you'd have to kill Ragnaros first, and it'd be disabled just like they had to do like the guy said above.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

What others said, 99% sure you have to clear normal mode first, and just like they eventually did in 4.2, they will just have heroic disabled until week 2.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

I really hope hardmodes are disabled until just after New Years. Similar to ICC (though in icc's case it was because not all of the wings were released yet).

A race with multiple starting lines is no fun to watch.

Deleted
    I wouldn't like to see that at all. 1. My guild is not going to do heroic unless it's the 1st boss. I imagine after the 1st it's HELL to learn it properly, and imagine the low gear you would have for it even if you are approaching 390. and 2. It's a mess. I mean, you can't decide what to do or even those watching it from the outside like the above poster said it'd be not fun seeing guild X doing heroic and Y doing normal to have better gear to do X. It's not even very fair. Since if one does some smart gearing the first week, they'd be better on 2nd. Some could say that may be more depended on luck, which is partially true but it's still a mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    A race with multiple starting lines is no fun to watch.
    No but a race during Christmas/New year is gonna be fun, i don't envy the people in top guilds, raiding the whole holidays instead of have it after the holidays

At least in my squad i got like 4 people gone (of the 12 raiders) so i'll prob end up doing some pugs or so if i do end up wanting to raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorune View Post
    No but a race during Christmas/New year is gonna be fun, i don't envy the people in top guilds, raiding the whole holidays instead of have it after the holidays

At least in my squad i got like 4 people gone (of the 12 raiders) so i'll prob end up doing some pugs or so if i do end up wanting to raid
    Uhm.... New years is this Thursday... and Christmas isn't until the 25th which is 2 1/2 weeks after heroics will be playable. There will most likely be a world first before than.

OT: Of course heroics wont be unlocked the first week. It has always been this way, once at least 1 person in your group has killed the regular end boss, you can unlock heroics.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorune View Post
    No but a race during Christmas/New year is gonna be fun
    Yeah, since they're at home 24/7 they don't really deserve holidays anyway.

Yay <3 Xmas raiding!!!