10+ Year Old Account

Can't play Batman on Steam

So I downloaded this demo for Batman Arkham Asylum off of steam and when I try to run it an error pops up which states "Unable to find a version of this runtime to run this application." Now I don't really know much about coding, programming, etc. so I'm not sure what to do but I really want to try out this demo so if anyone could lend me a hand here I'd greatly appreciate it

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 01:07 AM ----------

Bump, help me pleaseeeeeeee
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Attempting demo download. Will resume when I come home from work. Seeing if I can replicate your issue!
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    have you tried steams installation repair feature? Can't recall if it is accessed through the game properties menu or if it is right on the right click menu from the libraries window.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    have you tried steams installation repair feature? Can't recall if it is accessed through the game properties menu or if it is right on the right click menu from the libraries window.
    Although I don't like to assume anything, I hope that the OP knows how to utilize functions like this through Steam. However, like I said, I will attempt to recreate the issue (unless its specifically related to his system) and remedy the error. If I find no error, then either it is a matter of human error or specifically related to the OP's system.
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)