Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by absynthe7 View Post
    That's not how freedom of speech works. At all. He can't be arrested by a government body for being a douche nozzle, but he can be penalized by private parties in any way that they want (that is, if he goes to someone's house and calls them a [expletive], they can throw him out of their house). Blizzard can do anything they want to anyone for anything they say in-game. If Blizzard banned the word 'cabbage', they could ban anyone for saying it, or anything else. They're not the government, so freedom of speech does not apply. In any way, shape, or form.

Which then brings us to what Blizzard can and/or should do. This is clearly harassment, which is clearly against the ToS. File another ticket and watch him get banned.
    Freedom of speech is determined by Blizzards EULA and not the laws governing the US. It's a loose interpretation of the actual law put into the EULA.

If you are being harassed in trade chat you can ignore him and turn off chat. If he's using swearing, racist language, etc then you can report him at that time. Otherwise unless the tells are sent directly to you there's nothing you can do for people just talking. Regardless of your differences you have to walk away. If you continue to feed the troll they will continue to spam.

This happens every time we kick a douchebag out of our guild. They spam for hours, get bored, realize no one cares and now they look like idiots and we never hear from them again.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20455

Send an email to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com if you are unhappy with the GM's decision.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can't control the people you play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I'm going to make a TL;DR version if you dont mind:
    OP made a PUG raid and a tank with bad attitude was challenging the raid leader. After a few warnings he was kicked and started spamming trade bad-mouthing the raid leader. OP made a ticket but a GM said there's nothing he can do. WAT DO?
    Well, my honest opinion, IGNORE HIM. If someone is spamming trade, do NOT answer. Ever. That is the worst thing you can do. Let them spam the same thing over and over again. Even if their complaint is legit, it will annoy most people and they will eventually start to doubt him. If anyone is badmouthing you (true or false) just ignore it. Don't feed the flame that is trade chat, ever.

Deleted
    Cool story bro!

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-11-15 at 05:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would say it goes under harrasement if anything at all - since there are so many people who say shit about other people and guilds its amazing if anyone takes it seriously these days. As others said - /ignore the player and if he keeps spamming stuff on other chars report it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

You should make a new ticket, about this, the guy you kicked from raid should be banned for a while. He ruined other people's time and fun and had no reason to do that.

Anyway, make a new ticket (and hope for a better GM) and just keep ignoring the dude and his ''friends''. It will float over after a while, don't worry

happened to me. some retarded mage from one of the guilds with the biggest ego on my server joined a fl run. raid starts, and then he whispers me "i'm only here for eternal embers". i don't respond to him and we just keep on doing the pug) so of course we down shannox first, and then when the eternal ember drops he whispers me to give it to him because he said that he's only here for eternal embers. he said that i told him i'd get it if it drops. so after some qq from him, this other druid on the quest and him rolled for it. he lost, and then he quit the group and called me a ninja. when we're clearing trash on the way to rhyolith i get a few whispers from people in toher guilds calling me a ninja, and then they started calling me out on trade chat. luckily, they're not the most respected people on my server so they were ignored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20455

Send an email to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com if you are unhappy with the GM's decision.
    I re-read the OP. You should definitely email the wowgmfeedback address and include all the details you have here. At minimum they should receive a 3 hour ban if the harassment continues. Just be careful what you say back to the spammers or you could get yourself a ban. This is borderline cyber bullying.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222