Help with feral druid dps.

Hey guys so I've been playing a druid since bc but I've been playing it as resto since only in cata did i decide to try to go feral. Anyways my main problem right now is that my dps kinda sucks, mostly on rag, on others its fine and i think my rotation(more like priority) is right. But i want to try to squeeze our every point of damage i can cause rag heroic is a dps race and doing 14-18k is pathetic and makes me sad.
    feel free to comment about anything i'm doing wrong and any ways that can help me improve my performance, i know i'm not perfect and there is lots of room for improvement so any positive criticism is welcome.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3132&e=3770
    Last edited by omss; 2011-11-15 at 04:44 AM.

Heroic Ragnaros is literally the WORST fight for a feral right now. Unless your guild has your tanks standing out of Breath in p4 (Seen some guilds do it, not many who are learning the fight) you'll be using Mangle as your CP gen for most of the fight.

From what I can see in logs your Rip uptime is much lower than it should be, even with the amount of annoyance you have not being able to refresh via shred. Looking at your log it looks like you died from engulfing flames, but you still had ~700k damage on scions. Your rip uptime was nearly non-existant on Scions as well.

As I said, don't expect much as a cat from Heroic Rag. That fight is just plain terrible for a feral cat, if you need extra proof check this out:
    This is from the top 100 parses for each spec on this fight on 10Heroic. (e.g. top 100 best/fed buffs/extremely lucky with RNG/fast kills/ect players of each spec)
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ragnaros/...14/90/default/

This is from the top 100 parses for each spec on this fight on 25Heroic.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ragnaros/...14/90/default/

So yeah, don't beat yourself up over it. Just watch your feet, try to keep your dot/SR uptimes as good as possible and overall TRY to have fun, 'cause this boss is hell.
    Last edited by Kals; 2011-11-15 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Typoooo

First of all, Heroic Ragnaros is the worst fight for any class in the game

But some good cats still manage to do ~30k dps on it.
    Some guilds use cats to aoe seeds. Save your tf for aoe, it will be huge dps increase.

Phase3 is burst phase. You should be able to do it with just 1 meteor.
    You should do at least 35k dps in this phase. And I think its obvious, that you should use potion on this phase.
    In 25man you will have berserk off CD on p3, but 10man is much faster, so you should save Berserk for p3.
    Always use prepot.
    Prepot - berserk, transition, p2 (do not use berserk to aoe seeds, its waste of cd), transition, p3, bloodlust+berserk+pot --> p4 with 1 meteor.
    In p1 you can stay at 25-30k dps all the time, on p2 you can do up to 30 and sometimes even more dps on seeds, on p3 you should not do less than 35k.

There is chance that you will have to distinguish the flames on p4 - if you do, forget about dps, you will finish with 15k overall. If you don't - you should have at least 25k in the end.
    Try to convince your leader to put you in the group that is behind ragnaros, but most likely you will not be able to dps him from behind due to bad positioning anyway. You dps can drop significantly on this phase, but it does not really matter, because its all about distinguishing and proper boss kiting in this phase, you have huge amount of time to kill ragnaros. Also blood in the water will simplify your rotation in this phase and add some dps to it.

This fight is hard, like.. really hard. And it especially hard for cats. And you will always lose dps race to casters and most melee.
    But you #2 dps after boomkin on seeds, and you are simply #1 dps on p3 nuke phase. And in p3 you can distinguish flames, so you have good utility again.
    Feral druid is not the best one on this fight, but its not the worst one as well. We are not as bad as enh shamans there, you know

PS. no one in your raid uses potions. You are trying to kill hardest boss in content, but it looks that you are just not ready for it.
    Last edited by traen; 2011-11-15 at 02:55 PM.

Thx guys, really good feedback, i'll try to manage my cooldowns better and keep my rip up as much as possible. As for potions before this weeks raid we were wiping a lot in phase 2 and transitions so i think people got a little bored, but i'll mention it to raid leader, try to get people back on track.