Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What kind of Chair are you using for Playing!

Not what you may think first when asking about playing PC. As topic says whats your favorite chair for Playing PC. Could you link it?

Im dreaming 350€ work chair. its costly but feels like a cloud under my ass. Comfortable with my back and it is built to last. Currently i have a cheap 50€ chair and its a lil bit broken since height adjustment dont work.

Link to MARTELA Logic, my next chair.
    http://www.martela.com/WebRoot/53176...aspx?id=533752

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got a got a 250euro "gaming chair" as a birthday present 2 years ago.
    After 6 months the "steel"-frame snapped in half and the chair is now unusable.

Now I'm using a wooden with some thin cushioning and it works well for me.
    Hoping for a real steel-framed OFFICE CHAIR thats really really made to last for xmas, though.

If you're a big man like me (6'5 275lbs) dont buy a "gaming chair".

Well i'm 6'2 180 lbs and i have a chair not sure if its a gaming chair but my girlfriend got it for me and it has like 3 levers on it only use 1 of them its not leather its like some really really really really really really really soft cotton type material and its so comfortable, we have had some fun times ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest... I will NEVER understand why chairs so often now only have 1 main stand. It's a proven fact that people do not sit in their chairs properly (too tired to find links, search up "ergonomic workspace")
    I like padded chairs though, something you can rest your arms on. These metal and plastic arms do nothing for me, I'd rather not have the arms in these cases... sadly most of the "new office chairs" require them for stability (to keep the back attached to the base)

Anyway, got me a Wooden Leather padded chair one of my dad's friends made him while we were building our house. Biggest problem with it, is while it'll last a "lifetime" finding decent wheels for it is a real pain.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail...hairs/OWYORKHB

Thing is a dream to sit in and unlike my old chair I never get back pain. I sleep, eat and pretty much live in this chair.

Deleted
    Never buy a chair that feels amazing when you sit in it if you are going to be in it for long periods of time. If you sink into a chair and it feels really good immediately, its not a good chair. The problem with those really comfortable chairs is, they use soft padding to make you sink into it like a sofa. It feels good to start with, but after a while the padding will start to break down and you will find the chair no longer has any support.

Advice: Buy a leather chair that is slightly hard to start with. The chair will feel more comfortable the more you use it, and it won't break down like those soft "comfortable" chairs.

TL;DR: If you sink into a chair, its not a good chair. If it feels hard with lots of support, its a good chair and will last a long time.

this one, 50€ in IKEA

cheap, comfortable & mobile

and someway healthy and tough if you take care

I have a car seat i mounted on the wheels from an office char. Works wonders and since there's no arm rests, I can easily sit with my guitar on my lap

I've got one of these: http://www.loeffler-bewegen.de/en/ergonomics

Combined with a good bed, my (otherwise chronic) back pain is now history.

Deleted
    I have a damn wooden chair,when I cannot feel my legs i shut down the PC,grab the laptop and lie down on the couch

edit:by the way,most of you have good and comfy chairs

Infracted. Please don't spam or post nonsense.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-15 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    this one, 50€ in IKEA

I have exactly the same one and I'm very happy with it

A recliner of course, what other choice is there?

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    I sit in this!

Infracted. Please don't post just to spam.

In the future, please DO NOT edit out mod edits.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-16 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    I have exactly the same one and I'm very happy with it
    I used to have that one aswell.. I bwoke it. :<
    Have another one from Ikea now.. It. Is. A-MA-ZING.
    Ikea <3

Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    this one, 50€ in IKEA

Used to have the same chair, found it to be very uncomfortable for long sessions, after 5-6 hrs i had allot of pain in my back/hips.
    Changed it for another IKEA chair, 150€ or so...
    Feels a bit weird when you first sit down, but wouldn't want to trade it with anything else...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    A recliner of course, what other choice is there?

This is spectacular. Does it have a slide out toilet and drop down fridge, too?