What is sold at the VIP store

I have been looking in the forums and did a search I cannot find what the vendor actually sells.
    Does anyone know what it sells
    I saw it said something like comparable items does that mean they will be able to get the items for credits instead of doing like content?

10+ Year Old Account
    It means basically 're-skinned' items that aren't really that great at end game... but make you look special. Its just a fun vendor that will give those who bought the CE a way to show off in the future. Ya know, how people in WoW wore old tiers while standing around to stand out - its like that sort of thing. We're HOPING that it is updated with newer looking models in the future while the old ones are removed so you feel even more special, but one can hope.

We don't know what is in the store.

All we know is that it contains items you can find in game, except they have a unique look.

I guess the whole thing is i don't if i could justify 150 for only thing i want is the vendor

They haven't said any specifics so people are buying the CE for it blindly in many cases. I can't justify $150 on a statue and the unknown.

They will mostly be stuff to make them feel like special butterflies.

The website vaguely said things like companion appearances, social items and special skinned average items.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    They haven't said any specifics so people are buying the CE for it blindly in many cases. I can't justify $150 on a statue and the unknown.

They will mostly be stuff to make them feel like special butterflies.

The website vaguely said things like companion appearances, social items and special skinned average items.
    Yeah see I mean i hate to say i like that kind of stuff but same time 150 is like wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to keep in mind that a lot of us are 'smart' and ebay the items to collectors who don't want the game. I have buyers for some of the items already. Someone is buying the journal for $45, the CD for $20 and the statue for $85.

Do the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what has been announced, the VIP vendor will sell items that have unique skins, but stats that can be found on other items in game. It will also include a VIP lounge area only accessible by CE owners.

I went with a digital order and the CE's were already sold out. I dont know how Bioware is going to handle the transition between Early Access and Launch, but if it happens like any other game your going to be required to input your CD key on Launch to continue playing. I dont trust mail, UPS, or Fedex. I wanted to be sure I wasnt waiting on somebody who could give a fuck less if i got my package on time.

Besides lets face it, everyone is going to DL the client come Early Access anyways.

Cosmetic items, essentially the same items can be purchased else where by anyone but the onles in the VIP store will have a different look then those items. They also refer to that area as a lounge/social area solely for VIP purchasers. I got mine

Deleted
    It will just be epeen stuff which doesn't have any real advantage at endgame, like all collectors editions. I can see the CE stuff being pretty damn rare in SWTOR though, as so far I don't know anyone who has bought it since it costs so much.

i've heard of a Bounty Hunter jet pack being in the store, though it's rumored and I wouldn't trust Rumors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroWOW View Post
    I guess the whole thing is i don't if i could justify 150 for only thing i want is the vendor
    Sell the used CE on in a couple of months. When WOTLK came out, I bought the collectors edition, used the code and then sold the box for £90. Nearly double what I initially paid for it. With something as limited as the star wars collectors edition (and for all of those sad star wars addicts...) the box and its contents alone will be with a small fortune in the future.

In my opinion, an unopened SW:ToR collector's edition will be worth HUGE money in the future.

I still have an unopened original WoW collector's edition that I bought for like $80 and they're now selling for $2500+ on Amazon.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/ has a pretty nice side by side comparison. The $150 version can and probably will yield a nice profit.

the value of the statue is around 80 € is what makes the ce so expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    the value of the statue is around 80 € is what makes the ce so expensive
    Yeah, this statue would break my pattern of Gentle Giant statues, so I'm going to be reselling mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark secrets of infinite pwnsomeness!

Seriously though it's just reskins of gear that is available in the outside world, the ONLY thing that is sold there that might possible be a dealbreaker for some people is the skins for Companions, but again no ones 100% sure they're there, what they look like, how much they cost or if they'll be CE exclusive, or just cheaper/easier to get here than in the outside world.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I doubt it will be re-skins so much as it will be cosmetic items like some sort of firework/sparkly, or costume/overlay that would vary based on class(i.e. a bounty hunter jet pack cosmetic overlay, or a sith warrior cloak or mask).