View Poll Results: Should SWTOR category get promoted up one level in the hierarchy?

Voters
229. This poll is closed
  • Yes

144 62.88%
  • No

85 37.12%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to have it if the game becomes a huge success, but as of now MMO champ is still for WoW. WoW technically is on the decline, but whether or not that's how it will remain is unknown, and anyone who says otherwise is either a jedi master with foresight, or talking out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/338-Rift

huh really..looks like a dedicated sub form to that so called failing game
    I think you miss the point, this is not about a sub forum, this is about setting up a forum design for ToR similar to what's here for WoW.

Given that SWTOR has more pre-orders (estimated around 3mil) than most other MMOs in the last 1-3 years that have flopped trying to challenge WoW have had active subs, it won't shock me if they do come Jan/Feb.

That does say something for it, be it cause it's Star Wars, cause it's BioWare, or whatever other reason, it does show alot bigger playerbase looking to it, compared to Rift, Aion, Age of Conan, City of Heroes, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, Star Trek Online, and others (that I can't think of).

After playing the Beta.... Yes. Yes it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Given that SWTOR has more pre-orders (estimated around 3mil) than most other MMOs in the last 1-3 years that have flopped trying to challenge WoW have had active subs, it won't shock me if they do come Jan/Feb.

That does say something for it, be it cause it's Star Wars, cause it's BioWare, or whatever other reason, it does show alot bigger playerbase looking to it, compared to Rift, Aion, Age of Conan, City of Heroes, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, Star Trek Online, and others (that I can't think of).
    Indeed... I Praise EA marketing for letting Bioware make the MMO, roping in all the slackjawed mewling fans they have as well as the fairweather "Bioware always make good games right?" people.

Deleted
    got my vote:d they should also provide..news like when a new patch hits or anything :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    got my vote:d they should also provide..news like when a new patch hits or anything :P
    Or DLC.

Because remember it is made by EA.

only skimmed through some of the posts but i think they will change it when the game is actually released, other than that pointless to do right now since they havent announced all the raids and theres already a sticky for guilds recruiting people so meh xD

think boubie has said on numerous occasions that this website was made for WoW and the rest is just background noise. also judging how many posts a certain forum section gets on a webpage that is visited by around 10% of wow's players(thought it its even 5%, but for the sake of argument) - think you might want to pick up some statistics to understand why the sample size matters.

if boubie/curse want to make money - they can make a SWTOR section, but i dont see it happening unless swtor really proves to be a success and not just another half assed game that will last couple months.

dont get me wrong - im a fan of SWTOR and i will be raiding hardcore in wow and playing swtor at the same time; swtor deserves "attention" only if its really worth it - which will be shown in the first couple months of release.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Or DLC.

Because remember it is made by EA.
    its not being made by EA, Bioware is the developers of the game EA is just the publishers and the marketers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    its not being made by EA, Bioware is the developers of the game EA is just the publishers and the marketers
    Wow... are you a child or something?

EA hold Bioware so hard by the balls they can sing high enough to shatter glass.

@ Puremallice That's not what the OP is talking about. He or she wanted sub forums to this forum that we're posting in now. Forums for each class/spec, guild recruitment forums, raid forums, pvp forums, etc... like what WoW already has on this site. The Rift forums on this site have none of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no, but if there was a "Not quite yet..." option, I would have chosen that.

DISCLAIMER: Before reading what I have to say and automatically assuming I'm a die-hard Blizzard fan that wishes death to all competitors, I have pre-ordered the Special Edition of SW:ToR.

It's still a little over a month away, and hasn't even been released. There has been alot of hype about alot of games in the past that have (mostly) flopped. I'm not saying that Rift isn't successful, people do play it, however, it's not popular enough to warrant it's own forum and sub-forum categories. Do I think SW:ToR will make it to the size that it warrants that? Yes, I do, but it's still early in the game to tell just how warranted it is.

It's also something I'm sure the wonderful developers / mods / creators of the site have thought about, so I wouldn't worry yourself too much with it. If it's necessary, you can be well and sure that they will incorporate it.

TL;DR: Not quite yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't even released yet. lolllllll. Let it even scrape the success of WoW first before you start handing websites over to it. Look at Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Noooooo! Keep your star wars fantasy stuff on another site <_< This as always been : World of Warcraft News and Raidind Strategy. If this ever change im gone!
    MMO-Champ is a MMO site, not just for WoW, the only reason it's mostly WoW now is because it's the game of choice by the masses, if that should ever change this site can make the change pretty easy because the name supports MMO's not one type of game.

We should be thankful we got our own forum, we used be stuck in just 1 thread . I think we are good for a while, no reason to jump the gun. This really is a wow website, and we don't need all the extra stuff right now. Maybe sometime after the game is released and there still isn't a better forum to go to.

all hail SWTOR my new master

Hype makes people so gullible. MMO players are so desperate for something new and good these days they get fed crap on a nice looking plate and eat it up like chicken until they realize what it actually is.

This game will never come close to WoWs success. Its probably safe to say no mmo ever will. I can see tor struggling to have 500k+ subs consistently after release then after a year or 2 all that will be left is the star wars fanbois. Mark my words. This game was not made to have long term success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

I rather see, something neutral. This whole, has to compete with wow, crap is kinda childish.
    Let them all have dedicated locations under their company's .. BLIZZARD can have all the properties attached to it, all the way down to whatever way you can bunch together the independent mmos...

Edit: On a side note, it kinda makes me wonder why something that is not even out yet should have the same room at the table as WOW. NOT because it wont be good, not because of anything other then the fact it is as of yet, unproven live, and has not even seen one day in the public.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-11-16 at 12:01 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, I can't stand the official SWTOR forums.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer