10+ Year Old Account

Question New Bear Trinket Question

So I should hit 85 before the patch, probably some time next week. And I'm curious if it's still worth it to grind Tol Barad for the trinket or should I just skip it?

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    So I should hit 85 before the patch, probably some time next week. And I'm curious if it's still worth it to grind Tol Barad for the trinket or should I just skip it?
    Depends on what you plan on doing. For 5mans, Normals, and LFR I wouldn't bother. If you plan on pushing Heroic modes then its a good thing to have.

Good trinkets are hard to get, so I decided to farm for it. Even if I don't need it by the time I can buy it, it's more gold from the dailies, levels my guild, and puts me further ahead of #2 on lifetime guild activity, lol. Moonwell Vial will take a lot of grinding dailies too, so may as well do them together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah likely just 5mans, maybe try LFR if I enjoy tanking enough. Interesting to hear it still has some value though.

I thought about the moonwell as well but I figured I'll skip the new hyjal dailies as 378s will be dropping from the new dungeons not to mention what ever VP trinkets there might be.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2011-11-16 at 07:24 PM.

We're talking about the Mirror of Broken Images (Mastery w/ clicky Resist) right? If so --- yeah, I'd do it. I didn't see anything close to it in 4.3 item lists and it equates to ~45% magic dr.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo every tank should have mirror of broken images. As a druid tank you wont be using it all the time and for the most part you'll find greater use in agility trinkets. For someone just hitting 85 soon fluid death + tia's grace is your best bet.

Grind out for mirror though, just dont make it your #1 goal.

Its very good for those nasty big spell hits. But in general I hardly use it. Unless you need to MT stuff like baleroc HC (Which we always have a DK doing). In general we use bears for the mainly physical bosses.

If you are going to be tanking in a 10man raid I guess I would farm it.

I had made a nice pretty post but I guess I hadn't pressed enter, lol.

Non-raid bear trinkets in 4.3
    Fire of the Deep 397 Available for Valor
    Veil of Lies 378 Drops in Hour of Twilight
    Master Pit Fighter/Pit Fighter 378/365 From the Darkmoon Arena

Fresh 85, the Mirror and Fluid Death will be fine until you can get the Veil to drop and are willing to spend the valor on Fire early.
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Master Pit Fighter
    +383 Stamina
    Item Level 378
    Equip: Your melee attacks have a chance to grant 1149 mastery rating for 20 sec.

What the hell with this item budget? There should be 1min iCD to overweight stamina loss.
    This trinket should be +575 Stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post

Fresh 85, the Mirror and Fluid Death will be fine until you can get the Veil to drop and are willing to spend the valor on Fire early.
    They are nice but you are missing the Agility trinkets as well.

Bear have to carrying many trinkets, since it is depend on the fight. The Veil of Lies sound pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post

Bear have to carrying many trinkets, since it is depend on the fight. The Veil of Lies sound pretty good.
    The only other non-raid trinket for 4.3 would be Arrow of Time. You really want a haste proc?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Those trinkets are nice eye candy, but like someone else said you dont list any agility trinkets which we benefit most from. I'll probably still be using seed + fluid death (or matrix if it ever drops for me) come 4.3 and the trinkets you listed will probably be sitting in my bags, replacing my other stam trinkets in my bag until the time comes I need them.

That fire of the deep is sick though
    Last edited by rated; 2011-11-18 at 02:44 PM.

The only other non-raid trinket for 4.3 would be Arrow of Time. You really want a haste proc?
    Now i look at the trinket list and i have to agree.

Blizzard really need to work on making haste good for bears.

WHat about Vial of Shadows, is it raid item? It is a raid item.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Those trinkets are nice eye candy, but like someone else said you dont list any agility trinkets which we benefit most from. I'll probably still be using seed + fluid death (or matrix if it ever drops for me) come 4.3 and the trinkets you listed will probably be sitting in my bags, replacing my other stam trinkets in my bag until the time comes I need them.

That fire of the deep is sick though
    I think he is listing all the non raid items like dungeon drop and VP/JP vendor items.

Tia and the fluid death is still good.

Ricket's Magnetic Fireball, Mirror of Broken Images, and Unsolvable Riddle

I see that blizzard did not add non agility/haste item for bears for 4.3 dungeon.
    Last edited by Auroro; 2011-11-18 at 08:29 PM.

put it this way, as people have said if your tanking shit like heroics etc I wouldnt even bother. If your raiding seriously though its a must have, simple as that.

In this patch I have used it on every HM Rag kill that I tank its to useful not to use, Already been on the PTR and theres some fights you can use it to your advantage in, have only cleared 8/8 N on the PTR at the moment though we havent had time to go back and do the HM's.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Those trinkets are nice eye candy, but like someone else said you dont list any agility trinkets which we benefit most from.
    I guess having said that those were non-raid tanking trinkets added in 4.3 wasn't enough.

4.3 Raid drops (or their equivalent)
    Resolve of Undying / Resolve of Undying / Resolve of Undying - will suffer diminishing returns
    Wrath of Unchaining / Wrath of Unchaining / Wrath of Unchaining
    Fire of the Deeptoken upgrade / Fire of the Deep1650 valor / Fire of the Deep
    Indomitable Pride / Indomitable Pride / Indomitable Pride
    Soulshifter Vortex / Soulshifter Vortex / Soulshifter Vortex
    Starcatcher Compass / Starcatcher Compass / Starcatcher Compass - more for DPS
    Vial of Shadows / Vial of Shadows / Vial of Shadows - more for DPS

4.3 Non-Raid drops
    Arrow of Time drops in End Time - more for DPS
    Master Pit Fighter / Pit Fighter Darkmoon Faire - poorly itemised
    Veil of Lies drops in Hour of Twilight

4.2 Raid drops (or their equivalent)
    Matrix Restabilizer / Matrix Restabilizer
    Scales of Life / Scales of Life
    Spidersilk Spindle / Spidersilk Spindle
    The Hungerer / The Hungerer - more for DPS
    Ancient Petrified Seedtoken upgrade / Ancient Petrified Seed
    Stay of Executiontoken upgrade / Stay of Execution
    Brawler's Trophy
    Moonwell Phial
    Ricket's Magnetic Fireball - the crit could be argued as more for DPS
    Bitterer Balebrew Charm / Bubblier Brightbrew Charm

4.0 Raid drops
    Essence of the Cyclone / Essence of the Cyclone - the crit could be argued as more for DPS
    Prestor's Talisman of Machination / Prestor's Talisman of Machination - more for DPS
    Symbiotic Worm / Symbiotic Worm
    Vial of Stolen Memories / Vial of Stolen Memories
    Bedrock Talisman
    Darkmoon Card: Earthquake
    Fluid Death
    Mirror of Broken Images
    Unsolvable Riddle
    Unheeded Warning - more for dps

4.0 Old dungeon drops
    Grace of the Herald / Grace of the Herald - the crit could be argued as more for DPS
    Heart of Thunder / Heart of Thunder
    Key to the Endless Chamber / Key to the Endless Chamber
    Leaden Despair / Leaden Despair
    Left Eye of Rajh / Left Eye of Rajh
    Porcelain Crab / Porcelain Crab
    Skardyn's Grace / Skardyn's Grace
    Tia's Grace / Tia's Grace

Trinkets in this list are either tanking trinkets that didn't have strength or parry, or agility trinkets no matter the other aspect. Satisfied?

I think he is listing all the non raid items like dungeon drop and VP/JP vendor items.

Tia and the fluid death is still good.

Ricket's Magnetic Fireball, Mirror of Broken Images, and Unsolvable Riddle

I see that blizzard did not add non agility/haste item for bears for 4.3 dungeon.
    Came up as I was constructing the list, lol ty.
    Last edited by Ivirus; 2011-11-18 at 10:08 PM.

it has become very situational but if you plan to do any heroic mode content, its better to have it than not to.