Reforging for Disc

Hello,

I've been Holy for almost my entire raiding career (aside from Disc for LK back in Wrath). I've pretty much been forced to go Disc now to keep up with my counterparts and to be successful and helpful. However, I've still been using my Holy enchants/gems/reforges. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I should be aiming for as a Disc priest who does pretty even amounts of raid healing and tank healing?

This is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dralina/simple

If anyone can shed some light on some of this, I'd be really grateful. I had heard a while back that Mastery was the way to go.. but for some reason, I feel like its not ideal, since your PW:S is the only thing it benefits and you can't really spam that.

Anyway, thanks for any and all help.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 04:58 AM ----------

bump for help!

The amount of spirit you have is beyond overkill. You only need about 2000 total. And since you have the DMC:Tsunami, you should try to get that down to 1600ish if possible. So therefore, reforge spirit off of every piece of gear you have. Try to achieve a reasonable balance of haste, crit and mastery. Personally, I like to have 16.5 mastery and about 18~19% crit. The rest I dumped into haste.

Mastery is a good stat, however haste crit and mastery all benefit from one another and interact in complicated ways. For example, mastery boosts your shields, but also your divine aegis. More crit = more aegis. More haste = more casts = more crits = more aegis... and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ideal stats are personal preference.
    The amount of spirit you need-
    The amount of haste you prefer-
    Same for crit and mastery-

Some reforge all haste, some all mastery, some a balance of everything.

There are also about a million threads in this forum about disc stats specifically - I suggest you read some of them and you'll see they all answer your question and they all say pretty much the same thing. There isn't anything anyone will say in this thread that hasn't already been said before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    Your ideal stats are personal preference.
    The amount of spirit you need-
    The amount of haste you prefer-
    Same for crit and mastery-

Some reforge all haste, some all mastery, some a balance of everything.

There are also about a million threads in this forum about disc stats specifically - I suggest you read some of them and you'll see they all answer your question and they all say pretty much the same thing. There isn't anything anyone will say in this thread that hasn't already been said before.
    This^^

Since there is no real answer, try reforging to something different every raid week and go with what works for you.

EDIT: After looking at your armory you should get a tinker on those hands, the on use effect is 480 int every minute
    Last edited by Soxx; 2011-11-17 at 07:10 PM.

I was running mastery heavy until we started pushing heroic rags, I found it to be lack luster. I have about 12 mastery, 13.5 haste and around 16.5 crit now. It's working better for me, but it just depends on your play, we are running disc Rdruid so I'm the tank healer, the haste is pretty crucial, but if you're not tank healing, it'd probably be different. and it depends on your raid comp.

There's really a thing as "too much spirit"? I always thought the more spirit, the better? Granted, sometimes I don't ever need that mana, but my guild is currently pushing for our 4th heroic kill (Alys or Beth) and I always thought its good to have a lot of spirit for fights that don't go quite right. Maybe I'm wrong?

Disc priests stats, as people mentioned, depend alot on playstyle.
    But if you are finding you have a lot of mana left at the end of the fight, maybe it is time to reforge out of some spirit. Remember disc priests have great ways throughout the fight of getting mana back through our Rapture talent (you can always get the addon Ingela's Rapture to make sure you always utilise this talent) and use your shadowfiend (with hymn of hope if you can).
    I find if you have mana left and haven't found the need to use shadowfiend, then you run too much spirit. Start using all spells and you will find you have more than enough mana, and can choose which stats you prefer

Stats as I mentioned, not only depend on playstyle but raid make up, what role you do.

Here are some good videos from one disc priest, who found to start of with, went the high mastery, lower spirit, low haste, then as her raid need changed, went to high haste, higher spirit, low mastery.
    if you google Indie's Discipline Priest Guide (Patch 4.1/4.2), she has a guide on youtube which explains her mastery build. Then in the notes, she has an updated video where she changed her stats to haste. Have a look at both, one may suit your playstyle & raid make up.
    Last edited by Botanica; 2011-11-17 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added two different stat builds to look at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonne View Post
    There's really a thing as "too much spirit"? I always thought the more spirit, the better? Granted, sometimes I don't ever need that mana, but my guild is currently pushing for our 4th heroic kill (Alys or Beth) and I always thought its good to have a lot of spirit for fights that don't go quite right. Maybe I'm wrong?
    That depends on how you feel about it really. Do you go oom? If not, try reforging out of spirit into throughput, or swap to non spirit items. Alys is normally very light on mana since you get it all back after she's crashed. Beth, on the other hand, can be pretty brutal on mana.

I don't think there is a "wrong" way to reforge as such, more like several solutions.