Poll: Shared achievements?

10- and 25-man raids sharing achievements

What are your thoughts and opinions regarding the subject of the shared achievements now that we have had two tiers to try the system out? If you're not satisfied with it, how would you go forward with changing how it works?

It can be a heated topic with various points of views. For example, some people think that they should be separated to give prestige to whatever difficulty is harder at the time, while some enjoy seeing them gone and not being forced to do two difficulties for the achievements during the time of shared lockouts.

I am in the camp which would like to see them separated. Seeing how everything in the two difficulties is considered equal, I'd like to see something making a distinction between the two within the game itself for better tracking of individual characters' progressions and even for being able to say "I did it 10-man" or "I did it 25-man" for when there happens to be a boss notably harder on one difficulty than the other.

I am not exactly bothered by the idea of having to run 10-man if I wanted the achievements, being a 25-man raider. If I feel like I need them, there are much less nowadays than there were in the Ulduar times so I can just make a group and go faceroll them a tier or two after on a night off. I'd say the same is possible for the 10-man raiders except that they'd have to take a slightly bigger logistical step with gathering the people.

Heca also mentioned the following possibility:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heca View Post
    I think one of the ways to have a specific 10/25 achievement, is for when you first kill a boss it says: Heroic Ragnaros, 25 player, or something. But if you killed it for the first time on 10, it says 10. I think most people care about their first kill when it comes to difficulties since content is always nerfed as patches go on.
    Which I would also find suitable myself.

Also, even if you think one difficulty is easier than the other, try to contain your urges not to turn this into a 10v25 thread considering whatever is easier now might be harder in the future.

I think one of the ways to have a specific 10/25 achievement, is for when you first kill a boss it says: Heroic Ragnaros, 25 player, or something. But if you killed it for the first time on 10, it says 10. I think most people care about their first kill when it comes to difficulties since content is always nerfed as patches go on.

Personally, while I would like my achievements to be marked that they were done in a 25man raid setting, I wish more that the Server First kills were still a personal achievement. They were fun to link to compare kill dates (or because they were just nice to have), but now it is just in the guild tab which makes me a sad panda.
    "It is only the great men who are truly obscene, for if they never dared to be obscene, they never could have dared to be great."

Quote Originally Posted by Heca View Post
    I considered this as an alternative as well and was leaning towards liking it as an idea, but I'm unsure how many people would like proof that they've done it on both difficulties. It might be an insignificant enough amount for this to be a good alternative.

Despite having few of them, I never liked personal realm firsts. Having to bench people and different realms having different overall progression just made them unenjoyable. That's for another topic though.

I'm sort of in the middle. I would like to have both 10m and 25m achievements for kills, but the specific ones like Barrel Roll would be a nightmare to organise 25 players, so I'm thankful for combined achies for those

Deleted
    I would hate it because then I would have to go all the way through the other difficulty to complete the achievements for the place.

Since the lockout is shared now, there's no reason to split the achievements. I definitely think it's a good thing to have them the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    I would hate it because then I would have to go all the way through the other difficulty to complete the achievements for the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariOblivion View Post
    Since the lockout is shared now, there's no reason to split the achievements. I definitely think it's a good thing to have them the same.
    Definitely valid opinions. Especially shared lockouts takes away some grounds that the separation of the achievements have.
    Do you have any thoughts regarding Heca's suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Definitely valid opinions. Especially shared lockouts takes away some grounds that the separation of the achievements have.
    Do you have any thoughts regarding Heca's suggestion?
    I wouldn't mind if it was, say:

Heroic: Shannox
    Complete one of the following:
    Defeat Shannox on Heroic difficulty in 10 player mode
    Defeat Shannox on Heroic difficulty in 25 player mode

with the first one you do being lit - or the other being lit as you complete it, but being regardless not required for the overall achievement. That, I'm fine with. Just as long as it's the same achievement for the same meta, given the circumstances. Indicating you've done either, or both, would be a bonus.
    Last edited by HikariOblivion; 2011-11-18 at 02:42 PM.