Poll: Have you experienced any glitches in Skyrim?

Thread: Skyrim Glitches

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I play on PC. The only glitch I've come across happened when I was messing around with cheats on a lvl 1 character. I don't remember what I put in but when I did it my character and horse started hovering around and then crashed to the ground. Both died.

More recently I've had huge frame rate drops and the occasional corpse falling through the world after I head shot them too hard. The former most likely due to the PS3 running the game for 12 hours straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    I had some great texture loss bugs this weekend after long play sessions. I finally got around to doing the main quest and was about to do the first fight against Alduin when I noticed he didn't have a texture while watching the Elder Scroll cutscene. He was the texture-less purple blob they use when designing models. Came out of the cutscene and he was still like that until I reloaded the game prior to the final fight against him. Same thing happened when I was doing some cave in the north. The texture for the snow and the skeletons wasn't working so it was a big purple cave with random working textures and purple textureless skeletons. Was a fun bug lol. Aside from getting a couple quest items stuck in my bags, like the Flute, Lute, Drum, etc. that is the only bugs I have came across lately and none weren't fixed with a simple console command or a reload.

Okay, i've found my first really really annoying bug.

I was in Blackreach, and i went up the lift to the Great Lift at Alftand, in the outside world. The gate opened, i looked around and went back down. But when i went back down, the screen (which showed me the interior of the lift, and the dwarvern face facing me from outside of it) darkened and went black, and that just repeated again and again. I don't know how to describe it, but i couldn't move - it's like it loaded the end of the lift and a bug made it reload. I had to ctrl alt delete, and use the task manager to quit Skyrim. I reopened and tried again, and this time, the gate at the top didn't open, but the effect at the bottom was the same.

Really annoying. I just skipped the lift now, but - anyone know how i can fix this? Or what the problem is?

Edit : exactly same happened at the Great Lift at Mzinchalfet
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-11-28 at 04:24 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Help please somebody, i have been playing skyrim for around 200 hours and i went on today loaded one of my savefiles and as soon as the loading screen comes off, my chracter starts to fall trough the enviroment and ive tried loading my other save files and it does the same thing except for the one where i am in stone keep in markarth but as soon as i got out to skyrim again the glitch kicks in and i fall again only to be stopped by the ground underneath the ground. Ive already tried to fast travel to other places but no matter where i keep falling unless im at whiterun where i can actually walk on the ground but there is nothing else but doors, this is really frustrating bcz ive made so much progress in the game and wiuld probably not play anymore if i gotta start all over so if anybody can help i would appretiate.

One of the little bugs I found, which is actually kinda funny, is anytime I shock something with Lightning Bolt, and kill them within a few seconds of that or kill them with the lightning itself, they'll go flying across the ground like 50 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Okay, i've found my first really really annoying bug.

I was in Blackreach, and i went up the lift to the Great Lift at Alftand, in the outside world. The gate opened, i looked around and went back down. But when i went back down, the screen (which showed me the interior of the lift, and the dwarvern face facing me from outside of it) darkened and went black, and that just repeated again and again. I don't know how to describe it, but i couldn't move - it's like it loaded the end of the lift and a bug made it reload. I had to ctrl alt delete, and use the task manager to quit Skyrim. I reopened and tried again, and this time, the gate at the top didn't open, but the effect at the bottom was the same.

Really annoying. I just skipped the lift now, but - anyone know how i can fix this? Or what the problem is?

Edit : exactly same happened at the Great Lift at Mzinchalfet
    Hey, I JUST got the glitch you mentioned some time back using the lifts at Blackreach. I haven't tried both but I've tried the same one using a variety of different things to see if I could fix it. At first I thought maybe it was the cheats so I turned various ones on and off but that did nothing. It's quite frustrating and almost game breaking. I think maybe I'll try coming from the top and unlocking it with a console command. My problem is that when I go to the lift, as it comes to the surface, it freezes and replays that portion over and over again. Have you found a fix yet, or have you just simply avoided it? Hopefully we can figure this one out.

Deleted
    I have an odd bug or glitch. Every time I push the carts off the road into a canyon, they just hit the bottom and don't explode. What's up with that? I even tried putting a dead body in them and then pushing them off but still no explosion -.-