Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You want a holes in the plot?

Leia remembers her mother in Episode 6 before her death. In Episode 3 she was born only minute or so before her death.
    Leia is force sensitive. She remembers the impression of the force that her mother left her, because big shocker, Padme was force sensitive. This is in the script for the movies btw. Lucas is actually very thorough with his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Leia is force sensitive. She remembers the impression of the force that her mother left her, because big shocker, Padme was force sensitive. This is in the script for the movies btw. Lucas is actually very thorough with his writing.
    Why doesn't Luke have such? And it certainly said remember, not "have a feeling of"

And Padme Force Sensitive? Wut?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Why doesn't Luke have such? And it certainly said remember, not "have a feeling of"

And Padme Force Sensitive? Wut?
    Leia doesn't understand the force at that point in the story. She said she remembered her mother. She was incorrect. She actually remembered the impression of the force left by her mother.

And yes, Padme is force sensitive. It's in the script of Revenge of the Sith, as well as the novelization. They also put in a subtle hint in the movie where she said to Obi-Wan, There's good in him, I know there is!" Which is meant to mirror what Luke says in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi where he says that he can feel the good in Darth Vader. They were both being literal. They could actually feel the good in him through the force. It wasn't just some bullshit that Padme and Luke both happened to make up. And I don't know why Luke didn't get the same impression. Force bonds have been shown in Star Wars to be extremely random. They also don't work the same way for each person. Leia never realizes there's good in Vader like Luke does, despite her being force sensitive, and later trained as a jedi.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-11-22 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Star Wars is what it is.... And concerning piloting skills...
    Watch the Clone Wars cartoon and series a must for the fans.

Anyone who likes the prequels knows absolutely NOTHING about character development, plotline, dialouge, and script writing. Any writer or filmaker worth his salt can see what is glaringly wrong with the prequels....the answer is : Everything. The people that love these movies are the reason why 90% percent of what comes out of Hollywood is mindless drivel with CGI effects.

Me and my brother were talking about this the other day. We were discussing the contrast between well written and well acted dialouge and the kind of cliche shit that drives me up a wall. Never was this contrast more evident than last sunday when I had just got done watching Boardwalk Empire on HBO which is so well written, intelligent, the subtlety in the dialouge. I then changed the channel and watched about 5 minutes of Terra Nova. Like night and day .
    Last edited by Elguappo; 2011-11-22 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Watch the Clone Wars cartoon and series a must for the fans.
    Oh, I know it is! I'm just so busy these days! *flails arms around* I have Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed, and a million other things. Not to mention I'm getting a huge update to my DBZ collection on Christmas. All 9 seasons on DVD, *drools* when I get them I have to watch the series again for my millionth time. That alone will keep me busy for at least two weeks.

Random crazy moment aside, I know it's good, and I will watch it one day.

Ok lets sort a few things out.

#1 - Star Wars Prequel haters need to realize that these are not the worst movies ever made. Most of the highly vocal bad reactions to these movies are because George did his own thing, and it wasn't what we all expected. It was different, but not the greatest failure of these movies.

#2 - Star Wars Prequel defenders need to realize that these movies are not very good when taken on their own and removed from the culture and expanded universe that has been built around the original trilogy. These are not award material, and they don't have to be, but they all suffer from some moments of bad acting, bad direction, bad dialogue and an incredible over use of digital effects. Those moments cant be overlooked in a discussion about their merits as movies and not canon.

Its been mentioned earlier in the thread. The way they portrayed Anakin / Darth Vader was a let down. But then again so much had been built up around this character that it was bound to fail for some people. There was simply too much hype and too much expectation for the kind of movies that George Lucas makes. It didn't have to be that way though, and that relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan really could have been something deep and respectful. I was watching X-Men:First Class earlier this year and spent the entire time thinking that had George Lucas built a relationship like the one between Charles and Eric (AKA Professor X and Magneto) then the prequels would have been much more interesting and fulfilling. Of course A-list talent like Fassbender or McAvoy in the leading role would have helped too.

All in all Star Wars has been a victim of its own success. Anything that George came up with would have likely been a let down. He was never that good of a director, which is why the most interesting movies in the series where not directed by him. That said there is still some fun to be had in the prequels. The oft posted reviews from Red Letter Media are funny and very enlightening for their criticism of technical aspects of film making in general. I highly recommend that people check out his reviews of Avatar and the Star Trek movies just to see how he talks about what makes things work and what doesn't work at all. In the mean time, check out The People vs George Lucas, which is likely available on netflix or some other streaming service. Its an interesting documentary and is highly relevant to the topic at hand. Check out the trailer here:

The original movies were great. The lack of CG was a major plus for me (and I'm no old timer dwelling on nostalgia, I'm 21). I don't expect people who've never seen movies like Solyaris, Stalker or 2001: A space odyssey to actually know what art is like in cinematography, but the 3 prequels were utter shit. Incredibly poor script, the scenes could've as well been directed by a boiled potato. I re-watched the prequels like 2 months ago, and I dreamed about gutting that pig Lucas 3 nights in a row. Fat fucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Opice View Post
    Also, this guy is a genius.
    Last edited by Legion; 2011-11-22 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting annoying...

Argument of everybody against the prequels: Look at this review " " herpderpherpderp its bad and anything you say is automatically disproven no matter what

Argument of everybody that enjoyed the prequels (to an extent): *disproves points of review but every point proven is ignored and review is linked again*

That is literally this entire thread in a nutshell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even like the prequel trilogy, but those reviews were pretty stupid, and about five times longer than it should have been. Gave up after he started talking about 'what if they put a young Han Solo or Millennium Falcon in."

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode one had an incredibly badass fight in the end, but other than those fifteen-twenty minutes it was pretty damn bad. The 2nd was boring. The 3rd was fantastic, my favorite of them all. Ep. 4 was good, 5 was boring, and 6 was great. Nothing can be said to change my opinions if you disapprove of how I thought ep 3 was the best... so... I guess kiss my ass if you disagree..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    This is getting annoying...

Argument of everybody against the prequels: Look at this review " " herpderpherpderp its bad and anything you say is automatically disproven no matter what

Argument of everybody that enjoyed the prequels (to an extent): *disproves points of review but every point proven is ignored and review is linked again*

That is literally this entire thread in a nutshell.
    I think those vids are pretty dumb, but he does make a couple good points (I only watched the first 15 min or so). As for the people who enjoy them, I more power to them, but as for them disproving every point? Not in the least. The last page or so of the thread was this:

Guy posts link to vid and said for the people who like the prequels to watch.

2nd guy says he will watch all the guys vids is anyone can point out one thing vid guys says that is true.

few people point out plot hols from 3rd movie.

2nd guy uses info from sources completely outside of the movies to explain that they are not plot holes.

original guy says that it is foolish to say that the plot holes in the movies are not plot holes because of books/EU material and that if the movies cannot stand up alone, they are bad movies.

2nd guy ignores this and continues to say that they are not plot holes.

I get that people like the prequels. Thats totally fine. Enjoy whatever makes you happy. I also recognize that the EU does exist and really does expand on the movies in big ways. That does not somehow make the movies good. Do people enjoy the movies? Absolutely. Are they well made films? No, they are not. There is a giant difference between enjoyable movie and well made movie. Ace Ventura is an enjoyable movie. It is not a well made movie. Citizen Kane is a well made movie. It is not really all that enjoyable (at least I do not think so). I think if everyone would just accept these two facts, this thread would be alot more cordial.

The End.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No, we weren't told that in the originals. We were told he was a powerful jedi, not the best. You have created this image of it in your mind or you have been in encounters with some of the expanded universe, the movies never revealed such detailed info on Anakin. Obi-Wan just spoke of him as a good friend of his, and not as a savior of the universe.
    Ahh, you are correct. He says that he was an ace pilot, a great warrior and a good man. I still stand by my statement that we never really see much of any of that in the prequels. Now, it is also entirely possible that Obi Wan was just sugar coating it for Luke and wanted Luke to think the best of his father or that he was just thinking highly of his old friend and pupil as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think those vids are pretty dumb, but he does make a couple good points (I only watched the first 15 min or so). As for the people who enjoy them, I more power to them, but as for them disproving every point? Not in the least. The last page or so of the thread was this:

Guy posts link to vid and said for the people who like the prequels to watch.

2nd guy says he will watch all the guys vids is anyone can point out one thing vid guys says that is true.

few people point out plot hols from 3rd movie.

2nd guy uses info from sources completely outside of the movies to explain that they are not plot holes.

original guy says that it is foolish to say that the plot holes in the movies are not plot holes because of books/EU material and that if the movies cannot stand up alone, they are bad movies.

2nd guy ignores this and continues to say that they are not plot holes.

I get that people like the prequels. Thats totally fine. Enjoy whatever makes you happy. I also recognize that the EU does exist and really does expand on the movies in big ways. That does not somehow make the movies good. Do people enjoy the movies? Absolutely. Are they well made films? No, they are not. There is a giant difference between enjoyable movie and well made movie. Ace Ventura is an enjoyable movie. It is not a well made movie. Citizen Kane is a well made movie. It is not really all that enjoyable (at least I do not think so). I think if everyone would just accept these two facts, this thread would be alot more cordial.

The End.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 05:32 PM ----------

Ahh, you are correct. He says that he was an ace pilot, a great warrior and a good man. I still stand by my statement that we never really see much of any of that in the prequels. Now, it is also entirely possible that Obi Wan was just sugar coating it for Luke and wanted Luke to think the best of his father or that he was just thinking highly of his old friend and pupil as well.
    Just so you know, I didn't ignore his point about the movies standing on their own. I simply disagreed with his point. The movie doesn't need to stand on its own because it was made for fans, and fans should know the EU content, or at least be smart enough to not dismiss it and acknowledge that they're ignorant. So basically I think his point about that is silly and doesn't matter. I did however not ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looking at Harry Potter Part 2, it was also made for the fans and you have to read the books to get all of it, so if you didn't, it doesn't make sense in some parts unless you are very good at picking up small details, but it was still a great movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only part that doesn't make total sense is pieces of Snape's story, mainly the whole Half Blood Prince thing and why is was so in love with Lilly. The general plot as well as Potters and Voldemort's motivations make perfect sense. Except for the the rather amusing fact that even fans of the book never picked up that the snake Potter released at the beginning of the first book was in fact Nagini.

But I agree, it was not well done and is in fact why I am not a big fan of the last three movies and the way the series ended. Even though I am a fan of the books and had no trouble understanding the story myself, I can easily say that movies 6, and 7 parts one and two were all not very good movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The only part that doesn't make total sense is pieces of Snape's story, mainly the whole Half Blood Prince thing and why is was so in love with Lilly. The general plot as well as Potters and Voldemort's motivations make perfect sense. Except for the the rather amusing fact that even fans of the book never picked up that the snake Potter released at the beginning of the first book was in fact Nagini.
    LOLwat???? I am pretty sure it has always been believed that Voldemort found Nagini when he was in Albania.

Did some quick research:

There was a rumour that Nagini was the snake Harry released from the zoo in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. This was proven false, as Nagini is some type of viper while the snake in the zoo was a boa constrictor. Furthermore, the snake was given a male voice in the film, while Nagini is female.

From the HP wiki. Don't even try me on Harry Potter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original trilogy, then the new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    LOLwat???? I am pretty sure it has always been believed that Voldemort found Nagini when he was in Albania.

Did some quick research:

There was a rumour that Nagini was the snake Harry released from the zoo in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. This was proven false, as Nagini is some type of viper while the snake in the zoo was a boa constrictor. Furthermore, the snake was given a male voice in the film, while Nagini is female.

From the HP wiki. Don't even try me on Harry Potter.
    See I always thought that Nagini was female as well. Dunno, just saw a quote from Rowling about that a few months ago. Could have been fake though.