Thread: NCAA football

Page 1 of 141
1
2
3
11
51
101
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011

    NCAA football

    Only a couple weeks left in the season, but there's some huge games left to play. There are only two undefeated teams left at the top, and both play important games that could easily be lost.

    Oklahoma State has Oklahoma, and LSU has Arkansas. If both teams lose, we could be on the verge of a BCS meltdown. With Boise State losing, Houston looks to be in the running for a possibly BCS buster. All talk of Boise killing the BCS is gone with a loss to TCU, so now we're left with what happens when there' are no undefeated teams.

    Personally, I see Ok St. and LSU making it all the way. However, I would LOVE to see them both lose and everything turn upside-down. Think about all the other teams right there waiting. Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, Virginia Tech, and Clemson! Who knew Clemson would be in this situation at this point in the year?

    In the SEC, in the case of an LSU loss to Arkansas, the three-way tie would be determined by overall ranking. Which would take LSU out of the picture most likely, since it's better to lose early, and at least Alabama would jump them. And, in the case of an SEC West loss in the title game, it could happen that the national title would be played by a team that did not win their conference. Crazy stuff. What's everybody's thoughts?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  2. #2
    I hate the BCS. Just wanna get that out of the way.

    Ok St probably gets through Bedlam and finishes undefeated. LSU is the one I worry about. They've got Arkansas and possibly UGA in Georgia for the SEC title game. UGA is playing well right now. And Arkansas is no slouch. They could easily slip up on either of those games.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    In the end I'm going to have to say it'll be LSU and OK St. playing in the BCS. Though I will say this last week of games they have are going to be absolutely brutal. Arkansas is always such a tough game for LSU and with so much on the line it's going to be worse. I'm an avid LSU fan so I'm praying they pulling it off but I see the real possibility of something going wrong. OK St and OK, I know OK has a loss but if anybody can beat OK St it's them.

    They'll be brutal games but I see them both squeezing out a win.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,945
    My boyfriend is desperately trying to figure out how to get Virginia Tech in the running.

    I'm pretty nervous about LSU-Arkansas, to be honest. Arkansas definitely has better kickers than Bama. It's hard for me to make an unbiased judgement call on who would break that 3-way tie.

  6. #6
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    My boyfriend is desperately trying to figure out how to get Virginia Tech in the running.

    I'm pretty nervous about LSU-Arkansas, to be honest. Arkansas definitely has better kickers than Bama. It's hard for me to make an unbiased judgement call on who would break that 3-way tie.
    Again, according to SEC rules it comes down to the overall rankings. Which would likely place Alabama above the others. Because Arkansas is not jumping to number one with a win, and LSU will likely drop more than two spots.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  7. #7
    Houston, we've got a problem. Down goes OK St. Guess who just walked back into the title game picture?

  8. #8
    High Overlord Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    174
    ROLL TIDE!!! well as long as we don't get stupid this next game or underestimate Auburn we back in it baby

  9. #9
    Alabama could lose this game against Georgia Southern! Not likely, but it's always possible., and a Tough game At Auburn. Alabama doesn't make the title game.

    LSU gets a free win this week at Ole Miss, and with a Loss next week to Arkansas, they lose their Champ shot.

    Ok State Lost their chance tonite!

    Oklahoma having their 1 loss to a nonranked team, I dont feel they should be a top 6 team.

    If Arkansas takes a Fluke loss to Miss St., even with beating LSU they dont have a chance.

    Oregon all depends on the USC game, Which I feel they will get their 1 loss. Losing their shot at a title.

    Houston doesnt have a chance at the title, as they have played and beaten No Ranked teams. Same reason Boise State(I believe) didnt get a title shot a few years ago as the Only undefeated team in the nation.

    Virginia Tech won't have a title chance, thanks to their Loss at home to Clemson.



    All this shaping out the way I would like it to, Clemson vs Oklahoma in the title.

    Either way it turns out, regardless of their rankings, It will not be LSU vs. Alabama.

    I Can dream right? Die Hard Clemson fan.
    Last edited by Mass0wnage; 2011-11-19 at 05:46 AM.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Only a couple weeks left in the season, but there's some huge games left to play. There are only two undefeated teams left at the top, and both play important games that could easily be lost.

    Oklahoma State has Oklahoma, and LSU has Arkansas. If both teams lose, we could be on the verge of a BCS meltdown. With Boise State losing, Houston looks to be in the running for a possibly BCS buster. All talk of Boise killing the BCS is gone with a loss to TCU, so now we're left with what happens when there' are no undefeated teams.

    Personally, I see Ok St. and LSU making it all the way. However, I would LOVE to see them both lose and everything turn upside-down. Think about all the other teams right there waiting. Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, Virginia Tech, and Clemson! Who knew Clemson would be in this situation at this point in the year?

    In the SEC, in the case of an LSU loss to Arkansas, the three-way tie would be determined by overall ranking. Which would take LSU out of the picture most likely, since it's better to lose early, and at least Alabama would jump them. And, in the case of an SEC West loss in the title game, it could happen that the national title would be played by a team that did not win their conference. Crazy stuff. What's everybody's thoughts?

    Well so much for Ok. State. they just lost to Iowa State lol, so that leaves LSU and Houston.

  11. #11
    Ok State lost today. Which means that if Oklahoma beats them it will not hold as much weight as it previously would have and may or may not push them past Oregon and Bama.

    Oregon lost to LSU earlier in the season. They will probably beat USC though.

    Clemson should've gone undefeated but they blew it. Just how I thought they would. Offense wasn't as solid and their D couldn't handle the pressure. I doubt they make it to the title game. They need too many teams to lose for them to make it.

    Find it hard to think that LSU will lose this season so I say they are in the title game...
    So, since Ok St lost, Bama/Oregon/Oklahoma/Clemson could all potentially be in the big game. I won't take a guess though.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfoxx View Post
    Ok State lost today. Which means that if Oklahoma beats them it will not hold as much weight as it previously would have and may or may not push them past Oregon and Bama.

    Oregon lost to LSU earlier in the season. They will probably beat USC though.

    Clemson should've gone undefeated but they blew it. Just how I thought they would. Offense wasn't as solid and their D couldn't handle the pressure. I doubt they make it to the title game. They need too many teams to lose for them to make it.

    Find it hard to think that LSU will lose this season so I say they are in the title game...
    So, since Ok St lost, Bama/Oregon/Oklahoma/Clemson could all potentially be in the big game. I won't take a guess though.
    Alabama, LSU wont be in title game against each other. Oklahoma and Oregon(if they lose to USC) will have both lost to Unranked opponents. Clemson it is.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    Alabama, LSU wont be in title game against each other. Oklahoma and Oregon(if they lose to USC) will have both lost to Unranked opponents. Clemson it is.
    how do you figure Alabama and LSU aren't in the title sportsfan?

    if both remain unbeaten theses last two games they would technically be the best two teams in the nation and literally as well

    i cant remember if LSU was ranked above or below Oregon when they played which might potentially be the only other factor
    what hurts Bama more isn't that they lost 2 LSU because LSU was ranked #1 it would be cause they lost at home that would have an impact

    but whats a bigger issue is isn't this the perfect reason why we need playoffs? because we all know that its gonna boil down to which two teams they think will give them a bigger pay off and is a more viable game to watch nationally

  14. #14
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,314
    I wouldn't mind seeing Arkansas beat LSU, and then Georgia or SC beat Arkansas/Alabama.

    I also wouldn't mind USC beating Oregon.

  15. #15
    USC is only unranked because they are not bowl eligible. They would probably be in the teens if they could be ranked. (#18 in the AP polls)

    You know Clemson lost to GT and they are unranked, right? I know you really want to see Clemson go to the title game, but you also have to be realistic about this and stop trying to make other teams look worse than yours when they aren't.

    When Oregon and LSU played I believe Oregon was 3 and LSU was 4

  16. #16
    I'm a badger fan and I have tickets to the Penn State game......sadly after 2 hail marys the dream is over.

  17. #17
    Oregon stomps USC tonight and we wont have an issue with oregon state. although, after seeing how insane Iowa State played last night, anything is possible.

  18. #18
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011
    The way Alabama is playing, they don't deserve to be in that talk anymore. Their defense is giving up big plays, and penalties are killing them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfoxx View Post
    USC is only unranked because they are not bowl eligible. They would probably be in the teens if they could be ranked. (#18 in the AP polls)

    You know Clemson lost to GT and they are unranked, right? I know you really want to see Clemson go to the title game, but you also have to be realistic about this and stop trying to make other teams look worse than yours when they aren't.

    When Oregon and LSU played I believe Oregon was 3 and LSU was 4
    Not trying to make anybody look bad. Clemson has a realistic chance if the right teams lose, and Ok St. already helped them out. It's along shot, but it's possible. And it's just a nice thought, for team not expected to go anywhere this year making it all the way. I like rooting for the underdogs.

    Ok, this is funny. Lee Corso says 'fuck' on live TV.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-11-19 at 09:33 PM.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  19. #19
    Clemson has to win out and pray the right teams lose. with the way they have been playing, even seeing them today, they are being outplayed by weaker teams.

  20. #20
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfoxx View Post
    Clemson has to win out and pray the right teams lose. with the way they have been playing, even seeing them today, they are being outplayed by weaker teams.
    Clemson is known this year for comebacks. There's another team that plays second-half games too. Their name is the Alabama Crimson Tide, and they're in a much better chance of getting in the big game. Yeah, Clemson needs all the right things to happen, but it's still nice to think about it.

    Clemson is indeed playing like shit right now, it will definitely take a lot to win this game after the half.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •